Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301584 times)

144p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #2730 on: May 31, 2023, 07:18:46 PM »
Skills are sharp, really great edit.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2731 on: June 01, 2023, 12:02:59 AM »
yeah that was solid! Good style. Well done man and happy 45!

was that your kid with the boardslide? if so, I'm jealous, both my sons have pretty much given up on skating. The oldest is putting into his bass playing the same kind of effort I used to put into skating though, so I'm stoked on that. We jam together sometimes, it's a blast. Still wish they would hit the skatepark with me though!

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2732 on: June 01, 2023, 10:11:46 AM »
That was so good! Nice one man.

Thebird

• Rep: 152
« Reply #2733 on: June 01, 2023, 11:49:39 AM »
That was sick man.  Nice edit.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #2734 on: June 01, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »
I’m so old I have to ride soft wheels and hard bushings. Did two miles to the Family Dollar earlier and I’m not achey though, so fuck it

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #2735 on: June 01, 2023, 02:02:40 PM »
Posted this in the regular post your clips thread but at 45 I’ll do my part to add to this thread too. Love this spot, but we only have it for spring and autumn, filled with water during the summer. Got some clips this year at least  :)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cs9fwRbMtFe/

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #2736 on: June 01, 2023, 02:36:01 PM »
45 for 45 at my local skatepark!  This was so much fun to work on over the past couple of months… Pushing myself to try tricks that were outside of the comfy zone and getting hyped with the Lota crew!

https://youtu.be/qBucsgIbFMw

nice work. you look super comfortable on a skateboard.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2737 on: June 02, 2023, 11:49:36 AM »
Damn that was a sick edit

turdtastic

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2738 on: June 02, 2023, 08:55:16 PM »

Finally started landing these at 44.
45 now, this one felt decent.
Yeah, I’m shit on the board and don’t deserve to be filmed, but hey, there it is.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #2739 on: June 05, 2023, 10:50:16 AM »

What’s your recovery time for a high speed full body sack of potatoes slam? This happened to me (with a four foot meat crayon skid included) 3 days ago and my body is still a world of pain.  I’ve been icing, resting, foam rolling, taking supplements, eating healthy etc.  I’m 39. For you other geriatrics how long until you skate again and what do you do to speed up recovery?

Gif above me was sick by the way!

projectBNE

• Project Distribution avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2740 on: June 05, 2023, 10:43:26 PM »
yeah that was solid! Good style. Well done man and happy 45!

was that your kid with the boardslide? if so, I'm jealous, both my sons have pretty much given up on skating. The oldest is putting into his bass playing the same kind of effort I used to put into skating though, so I'm stoked on that. We jam together sometimes, it's a blast. Still wish they would hit the skatepark with me though!

Thanks lads.  That's my local park and I had a big part in designing it (spread out and mellow) so I really love skating there.

Yeah, that's my 12 year old.  He's a good lil skater but like most kids is kind of into everything and often denies me to go ride bikes with his mates or play basketball.  Still it's rad when he comes along and I can live through his progression and stoke.
Project Distribution (AU)

turdtastic

« Reply #2741 on: June 05, 2023, 10:50:10 PM »

What’s your recovery time for a high speed full body sack of potatoes slam? This happened to me (with a four foot meat crayon skid included) 3 days ago and my body is still a world of pain.  I’ve been icing, resting, foam rolling, taking supplements, eating healthy etc.  I’m 39. For you other geriatrics how long until you skate again and what do you do to speed up recovery?

Gif above me was sick by the way!
Lots of water, anti inflammatory meds (Aleve), stretch if you can. Keep moving to get the blood flowing to help it heel, unless it’s a joint, might need a rest??
But for real, keep skating consistently as much as possible like when you’re younger so your body stays conditioned for it.
And thanks for the props!

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #2742 on: June 06, 2023, 09:52:18 AM »
38yo checking in here... on day 23 of my streak and feeling it a little, primo'd today...always those fakie kickflips.

Still aiming for 250 days this year, will be interesting to see whether my body makes it!!!

Switching out 99s for F4 97s has helped me out a little bit in terms of board comfort the past couple months.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #2743 on: June 06, 2023, 12:41:37 PM »
38yo checking in here... on day 23 of my streak and feeling it a little, primo'd today...always those fakie kickflips.

Still aiming for 250 days this year, will be interesting to see whether my body makes it!!!

Switching out 99s for F4 97s has helped me out a little bit in terms of board comfort the past couple months.

I started using the f4 lock ins because they’re 97a and have a big enough patch that I don’t get shaken to death doing crunchy street stuff.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2744 on: June 07, 2023, 12:17:46 AM »
There have been multiple threads about them but the Powell Dragons (93 A) were a blessing to me, with the shitty pavement in Belgium. I can do the 20 min ride to the local park way more comfortably now.

Also, file under old man problems: I tried mounting rails cause I thought it would make my boardslides and lipslides on the mini longer/easier.... Turns out I hated it! I felt like I had no control at all, it was way too slippery on the coping. Now my board has mounting holes and I'm not stoked on that at all.... ::)

projectBNE

• Project Distribution avatar image
« Reply #2745 on: June 07, 2023, 11:42:24 PM »
Also, file under old man problems: I tried mounting rails cause I thought it would make my boardslides and lipslides on the mini longer/easier.... Turns out I hated it! I felt like I had no control at all, it was way too slippery on the coping. Now my board has mounting holes and I'm not stoked on that at all.... ::)
[/quote]

I sometimes ride the Krooked Slick Decks which are amazing for a consistent slide on ledges and flatbars, but yeah, feels sketchy just doing rock fakie with such a slippery board!
Project Distribution (AU)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2746 on: June 08, 2023, 02:50:01 AM »

I sometimes ride the Krooked Slick Decks which are amazing for a consistent slide on ledges and flatbars, but yeah, feels sketchy just doing rock fakie with such a slippery board!
[/quote]

I am currently riding an Ishod slick and to be quite honest I don't see a huge difference to a regular bloard. But maybe that's just me. Plus I don't to rock to fakies because I am a wuss so there's that.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Samsquantch

• Rep: 60
« Reply #2747 on: June 08, 2023, 07:36:44 AM »
40, Just found this thread. Holy moly, skated one park for over three hours Sunday and a different one over four hours Monday. It's Thursday and I'm still stiff!

Regarding softer wheels, I wish I didn't love the feel of F4's so much, Dragons and X97's are damn nice. I just miss the "clack" and "bark" of the Spitfires when I tried them.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2748 on: June 12, 2023, 07:00:32 AM »
this guy just killed the xx tricks for xx years concept! :o   super good
never heard of this guy before....40 bs boneless variations come on!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_w_D42MN_M

->Turdtastic: tricks learned after 40 count double! Nah triple!   ;)

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2749 on: June 12, 2023, 08:48:55 AM »
Thats was one hell of a boneless edit. Props to that dude!!

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2750 on: June 25, 2023, 05:14:25 PM »
I figure as I'm "old" now I better post something in here... nothing special but its all i could muster

First skate in a little while... bought a creature board... never again... way too concavy and the noes and tail are too steep (i'm going to give it someone next time i go skate)... and then in all my wisdom i bought shoes half a size too small (they were 3000yen) and my feet hated me so they got binned when i got home

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct3rxWGuY4Z/

turdtastic

« Reply #2751 on: June 25, 2023, 06:02:48 PM »
I figure as I'm "old" now I better post something in here... nothing special but its all i could muster

First skate in a little while... bought a creature board... never again... way too concavy and the noes and tail are too steep (i'm going to give it someone next time i go skate)... and then in all my wisdom i bought shoes half a size too small (they were 3000yen) and my feet hated me so they got binned when i got home

You’re doing more than alright!
And the forest around the park looks dope, super jealous…

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #2752 on: June 25, 2023, 06:12:42 PM »

I've only skated one Creature board but I had the same issues. Seems kinda odd that they'd be so steep considering the connection to independent trucks through NHS and most of the team is probably on indys. Was ghost pop city for me.

Nice back tail though! Fun looking spot

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #2753 on: June 25, 2023, 11:40:29 PM »
Also posted this in the “post you skating” thread, but  I figured the old heads might appreciate it a little more than the youngsters with their stairs and flips.
46 years lost nearly all my flip tricks.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct6p_JsRqB3/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2754 on: June 26, 2023, 05:03:05 AM »
First time I've got the camera out since turning 50 in January and the first time filming anything in nearly a year.

Broke the camera out to check out what I'm doing wrong on something I'm working on and left it rolling for other bits and bobs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctz5V1mNz88

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #2755 on: June 26, 2023, 10:17:35 AM »
First time I've got the camera out since turning 50 in January and the first time filming anything in nearly a year.

Broke the camera out to check out what I'm doing wrong on something I'm working on and left it rolling for other bits and bobs.

Damn! You're 50? That makes me feel really good as a 42 year old. I still got years ahead of me!
I might even have time to finally get my front pop-shuv as crispy as yours!

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #2756 on: June 26, 2023, 11:18:22 AM »

Finally started landing these at 44.
45 now, this one felt decent.
Yeah, I’m shit on the board and don’t deserve to be filmed, but hey, there it is.

Got a 5050 on that when I visited Cali. Ripper

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #2757 on: June 26, 2023, 02:43:59 PM »

Tidy! Someone older than me on here!

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2758 on: June 27, 2023, 05:25:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn! You're 50? That makes me feel really good as a 42 year old. I still got years ahead of me!

Oh for sure, you've easily got years and years ahead of ya.  What I'd give for knees that were 42 again haha.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #2759 on: June 27, 2023, 05:47:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh for sure, you've easily got years and years ahead of ya.  What I'd give for knees that were 42 again haha.

Dude, don’t tell me it gets even worse ….

Oh dear