Author Topic: Who bought a PS4?  (Read 11243 times)

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Who bought a PS4?
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
Who bought a PS4? I sure didn't because the first run of consoles is always risky business but did anyone out there buy one at launch? What are your impressions?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
Re: Who bought a PS4?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
So apparently the first batch in my city are only available by preorder then the next batch will be available around dec/jan according to gamestop.  I checked target and they said the same thing. i play a lot of nba2k14 call of duty and grand theft auto on my ps3.  Would i be able to play online against people who own a ps4?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »
My brother that lives with me bought the bundle that comes with a second controller and a game and I have access to it at any time. The game he got was NBA2K14 which personally I don't give a flying fuck about. We got it from Gamestop because we get the manager's discount. I'll either buy The Order: 1886 when it comes out or pick up Assassin's Creed next week.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
So apparently the first batch in my city are only available by preorder then the next batch will be available around dec/jan according to gamestop.  I checked target and they said the same thing. i play a lot of nba2k14 call of duty and grand theft auto on my ps3.  Would i be able to play online against people who own a ps4?

While I don't particularly doubt it for the PS4's case, they always say this for everything. I found a few Wii-U's at Target a couple weeks after release, and the day the PSP was released and Gamestop gave me that spiel I went to Wal-Mart and found like 30 of them.

dillanharp

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »
I picked one up at gamestop last night, there were at least 100 people there, however, the target across the shopping center had like 5 people at their midnight launch.  A few homies just walked in and bought them all day today, no pre orders.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
I picked one up at target and I was the only one there and managed to setup an account but PSN has been down so I can't access the PSN store. Maybe tomorrow it'll be up and working.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »
waiting for price drop on xbox one. cant justify spending 500 on a system with games i can get on 360

dask8d00d

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »
I had the launch day killzone bundle preordered since June. Have been playing NBA 2K14, Assassin's Creed 4, and little bit of Killzone. Since I ordered all my shit thru Amazon the hooked me up with a code for another free game which I used on Need for Speed Rivals, so I basically have all the PS4 games I'd actually want at the moment. Shit is pretty dope. Graphics are dope and the games I'm playing are fun so I really have no complaints. I might still get back on my PS3 from time to time just to play some more GTA Online (level 45 nigga i came up fast!) but yeah I'm pretty damn satisfied so far. No hardware problems at all for me

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
I had the launch day killzone bundle preordered since June. Have been playing NBA 2K14, Assassin's Creed 4, and little bit of Killzone. Since I ordered all my shit thru Amazon the hooked me up with a code for another free game which I used on Need for Speed Rivals, so I basically have all the PS4 games I'd actually want at the moment. Shit is pretty dope. Graphics are dope and the games I'm playing are fun so I really have no complaints. I might still get back on my PS3 from time to time just to play some more GTA Online (level 45 nigga i came up fast!) but yeah I'm pretty damn satisfied so far. No hardware problems at all for me
Why the hell wud yu buy a japanese system when a far better american system launches this week?

dask8d00d

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why the hell wud yu buy a japanese system when a far better american system launches this week?

Nigga please. Ps4 uses a faster type of RAM and it's OS takes up much less of it. If we're talking pure hardware specs, ps4 easily takes it. Plus Sony has always had better exclusive games BY FAR. In my eyes the only thing Xbox one has over the ps4 is the ability to stream your cable box thru the console, which couldn't be any more of an irrelevant feature to me personally. The kinect may be slightly more powerful than the playstation camera but again, that's something I could really care less about. Plus I ain't forgetting about how bad they stumbled out of the gate with the reveal either, that shit was tragic

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »
What are you talking about with the reveal, yeah their new terms of service for live and the always connected part sucked but they listened to the public and made changes,  sony didnt even show a console for their unveil. thats called stumbling my friend.

But if you truly enjoy gaming a PS4 all day. It will just have a better ecosystem in general. Since both consoles are on essentially the same architecture chip wise I think well find graphic between the two wont be too different. But if youre in the need of a new media center that also can play some pretty good games Go xbox, that simple. Personally since I dont play video games too often itll probably come down to the amount of cash I have that time.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ewwww fanboy bias about consoles is not a good look.To me it seriously won't matter. Both consoles play games, they both have a ton of features I will never use and beyond a few exclusives most games will be released multi platform. When all is said and done and the new generation is about to bite the dust there won't be much difference between the two just like now with ps3 and 360.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »
Bought one at kmart with no preorder.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »
Tracer would like xbox

Tracer

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
Tracer would like xbox
I have big hands ps4 controller is a pesky piece of shit. Just play xbox one and tell me you're not going to buy it

dask8d00d

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
What are you talking about with the reveal, yeah their new terms of service for live and the always connected part sucked but they listened to the public and made changes,� sony didnt even show a console for their unveil. thats called stumbling my friend.

But if you truly enjoy gaming a PS4 all day. It will just have a better ecosystem in general. Since both consoles are on essentially the same architecture chip wise I think well find graphic between the two wont be too different. But if youre in the need of a new media center that also can play some pretty good games Go xbox, that simple. Personally since I dont play video games too often itll probably come down to the amount of cash I have that time.

Sony showed the controller, games, & hardware specs in a 2 hour event that was critically acclaimed by the media & press, which is hardly stumbling. They saved the console design for e3 which was a smart move. All Microsoft did after the public backlash was copy sony, including a lot of their policies with indie developers after they starting flocking to sony. I've been a gamer all my life & have owned the OG xbox, 360, ps2 & ps3 so I'm far from a fanboy, I just play what I feel is best at the time. At the end of the day sonys exclusives are more than enough to keep me coming back & while the overall visuals of the graphics will be more or less the same, that slower ram on the xbox is gonna be noticeable in terms of their performance (frame rates, texture pop-in, etc), especially a few years from now when developers really start pushing it he hardware. If I was WAS looking for some sort of all in one media center, I'd go with the xb1 but I already got so many different devices that do those things so it's really hard to sell me on another one. I don't give a fuck what anyone else plays tho, as long as you're having fun playing it that's all that matters

Tracer

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »
xbox1

500gb
cable connectivity
best online servers
only 500$

ps4

Rechargable controllers

dillanharp

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »
Bought one at kmart with no preorder.

What the fuck? There are still Kmarts out there?

If anyone want's to play got ahead and add me, radgnar510.  Playing BF4 and 2K, have FIFA and Assasins creed as well.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
if you guys have playstation plus, download resogun for free since its the best PS4 exclusive game review-wise

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
Also went to kmart at 6am to get mine.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »
You guys seriously make me wanna get mine already, im trying to wait out to see if any of my mates get it so i dont get bored and end up not using it like half the shit i buy.

dask8d00d

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »
You guys seriously make me wanna get mine already, im trying to wait out to see if any of my mates get it so i dont get bored and end up not using it like half the shit i buy.

There's a solid but somewhat small selection of games out at the moment just because its a brand new console, but you best believe there's gonna be some crazy good games coming out down the line. If not now I'd get one early next year or something because once the industry fully transitions from current gen to next-gen consoles developers are gonna be cranking out some amazing games and there will be much more selection to choose from.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's a solid but somewhat small selection of games out at the moment just because its a brand new console, but you best believe there's gonna be some crazy good games coming out down the line. If not now I'd get one early next year or something because once the industry fully transitions from current gen to next-gen consoles developers are gonna be cranking out some amazing games and there will be much more selection to choose from.

Oh im definitely getting one, it's just a matter of time now. I'm aiming to get one January or something if i manage to wait that long, Killzone is really making me want it right away.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
I think I'm gonna get this after the first big price drop. I was 100% going to get XBox One, but when they revealed the inability to re-sell games, I flipped to PS4. I know they got rid of that aspect, but fuck them for trying to even pull that shit. It's the principle of the matter, Microsoft lost me for life with that assholery.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »
Its kinda iffy to buy systems on their release date . While PS has a better trackrecord then Xbox in new system relaeases not exploding in your face . Its still abit of a gamble

And the price is always abit too high .

Better to wait afew months or a year and then the system is working better , price is lower and there are more games

Ive had PS , PS2 , PS3 so Im deff getting a PS4

dillanharp

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »
I'm pretty bummed I haven't been able to really get on it, between the baby, school winding down and family I've been pretty busy.  I don't even have time to skate right now let alone log some hours in battlefield.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »
I think I'm gonna get this after the first big price drop. I was 100% going to get XBox One, but when they revealed the inability to re-sell games, I flipped to PS4. I know they got rid of that aspect, but fuck them for trying to even pull that shit. It's the principle of the matter, Microsoft lost me for life with that assholery.
pretty much exactly what I'm doing. I was on for the xbox one until all of the shady rumors started going around.

I never like to buy consoles on launch --- I'd rather wait for a slight price drop, more games to choose from, and an overall less (potentially) defective system

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »
PC Masterrace...  The new consoles aren't lookin too hot for me.  Neither are the exclusives.  Destiny looks like it is going to be a sick game, but that is about it for me.  Glad you guys are enjoying your PS4's though.  Heard alot of bad things happening regarding software/hardware/psn network/the dreaded wibble-wobble.
I suck at SLAP.

dillanharp

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »
PC Masterrace...  The new consoles aren't lookin too hot for me.  Neither are the exclusives.  Destiny looks like it is going to be a sick game, but that is about it for me.  Glad you guys are enjoying your PS4's though.  Heard alot of bad things happening regarding software/hardware/psn network/the dreaded wibble-wobble.

Why the fuck do PC gamers constantly feel the need to tell everyone that PC's are better? Don't be that guy. Nobody cares about your stupid video card.  You get girls with that fucking thing or what?