Author Topic: New Wheels?  (Read 1367 times)

The Claw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
New Wheels?
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »
Hey pals, I recently started skating again due to a 2 month injury. I've been keeping it pretty mellow with flat ground and mannys and small flat bars. I'm having trouble doing certain tricks that are normally really easy for me. It feels like my board is naturally turning frontside which is throwing off my balance. I think it's my wheels which I've had since the beginning of summer and ridden pretty hard. I've always had a love hate relationship with new wheels because they produce a smooth ride but are sometimes hard to get used too. I have a brand new set of OJs and i'm not sure whether to set them up and hopefully it'd help my balance, or if it would throw off the trick re-learning process even more. Opinions?

dask8d00d

Re: New Wheels?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
wheels do not even matter that much in terms of tricks. if anything it sounds like its something with your trucks but i highly doubt if you set up some new wheels its gonna throw you off that much, if at all.

ttayw

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »
If you really want to get new wheels, just pick up some formula four's you won't be disappointed.
As for your board turning, it's probably the bushings, try taking em out and rotating them, or just buy some new bones bushings

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
I recently started skating again due to a 2 month injury.

If my experience is any indication, it's more likely this than the wheels.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
I have never heard if this being a wheel issue.  It's always been either a warped board or a trucks issue.  And you can trust me--I have over 6000 posts on Slap.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 06:33:23 PM »
loosen your trucks

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 01:03:24 PM »
I hate new anything. I'll break trucks in myself so they are responsive to my body weight, but that seems to take forever and I will ride trucks until they are considerably fucked beyond repair.

Wheels, and decks too, aren't that serious as far as being responsive to me. So I give my new wheels and decks to a friend to skate for a 7-10 day period and put them back on my set up when he's broken them in. Fortunately he loves skating new shit all the time, so it works out for both of us, so my advice is to just find a friend that likes skating new shit and let him rock with your wheels for a week and see how you like them after that.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
Sounds like more of a bushing issue than wheels.