Author Topic: Politic Winter 2013 gear  (Read 3531 times)

HATE!

Politic Winter 2013 gear
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »

pile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Politic Winter 2013 gear
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
looking pretty good. who makes their boards? i'm really hyped on the durante exalt board.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
Hah. I was just thinking that AWS ripoff is really fucking corny.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If it was JUST a rip off, it'd be corny, but it's clearly a pretty direct jab seeing how they swapped the TV out for a money bag.  I'm all for some of these smaller and lesser known skate companies calling out some of these sacred cows.

There's just no need for that sort of thing in my opinion. If they want to get noticed, they just need to do things their own way, rather than blatantly ripping off/calling out a larger company. It's just not very tasteful.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
I'm a big supporter of Politic, but I'm not sure this line is speaking to me. The Mental/Physical series they did last Spring was so tight, but everything since that has been a little underwhelming IMO. I will still most likely pick something up from this run, I'm just not quite as psyched on these graphics as previous efforts.

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
The dinosaur boards are fucking sick

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If it was JUST a rip off, it'd be corny, but it's clearly a pretty direct jab seeing how they swapped the TV out for a money bag.  I'm all for some of these smaller and lesser known skate companies calling out some of these sacred cows.
[close]

There's just no need for that sort of thing in my opinion. If they want to get noticed, they just need to do things their own way, rather than blatantly ripping off/calling out a larger company. It's just not very tasteful.

a lot of companies have done it why can't they do it?  I think the board is great.  especially since he came from the sect.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
Love this brand and back it more so than Polar or Magenta but I am not digging this latest series. Still like the first season the best.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dillanharp

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
We need more people talking shit, that Alien board fucking rules.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
Hell yeah. I agree with everyone on the Alien callout. I've always been one for the little guys talking a bit of trash.

louie_bk

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
Didn't Welcome make a little jab at Spitfire amd everyone got pissed? I guess this ones more tasteful and makes more sense to make fun of a corny company like Alien instead of a respectable company like Spitfire.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »
Not really into this. I like what the brand is doing, but can't help but feel like this offering is a little scattered.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Caddo board is fucking rad. 

Wish they made something in the 8.38/8.5 range that had a decent wheelbase/length on it...like 32.5 plus.  Sucks being tall/picky.  I'd skate mostly Scumco and Politic if they had shapes I could stand. 

wheee!

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 01:37:34 AM »
Didn't Welcome make a little jab at Spitfire amd everyone got pissed? I guess this ones more tasteful and makes more sense to make fun of a corny company like Alien instead of a respectable company like Spitfire.

yeah the "jab" welcome took at spirfire was some social media comment where as a graphic is totally different. also durante rode for habitat (alien's sister brand)
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 06:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm a big supporter of Politic, but I'm not sure this line is speaking to me. The Mental/Physical series they did last Spring was so tight, but everything since that has been a little underwhelming IMO. I will still most likely pick something up from this run, I'm just not quite as psyched on these graphics as previous efforts.

[close]
That boxing graphic on stained wood with the "You must think first before you move" quote was about as perfect as it gets.  I dig the art for the dino boards but I wish they would've been on stained wood as well.

Hell yeah Hate. I'm actually getting ready to set that one up next. It's next up on my stack. I got the 8.38 size:

dillanharp

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »
That quotes a sample from
That Loud records sweatshirt is a must.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 07:53:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah the "jab" welcome took at spirfire was some social media comment where as a graphic is totally different. also durante rode for habitat (alien's sister brand)
[close]

I believe it was when those Welcome Orb wheels came out and the comment was along the lines of, "flatspots 100% guaranteed" making fun of the new Formula 4s or something.

they were saying that the wheels werent brown or made by a chemist..

phatwheelz

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »

Wish they made something in the 8.38/8.5 range that had a decent wheelbase/length on it...like 32.5 plus.  Sucks being tall/picky.  I'd skate mostly Scumco and Politic if they had shapes I could stand. 
most of their 8.5's are 32.5...

http://politicbrand.com/

click collection

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
want that purple tape

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Get out of here if you don't like it. Skating has been so domesticated to the point that it's boring. Silas called out Nyjah and everyone got they're panties in a bunch, Politic takes a jab at Alien Workshop for kicks and giggles and you're talking about ethics?

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Wish they made something in the 8.38/8.5 range that had a decent wheelbase/length on it...like 32.5 plus.  Sucks being tall/picky.  I'd skate mostly Scumco and Politic if they had shapes I could stand.  
[close]

click collection

Thanks,  friend.  Going to bite the on-line-skateboard-ordering bullet and pick one up with holiday cash
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:18:18 PM by tuque »

wheee!

phatwheelz

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

click collection
[close]

Thanks,  friend.  Going to bite on-line skateboard ordering bullet and pick one up with holiday cash
read my mind

trannies and mannies

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 11:06:09 PM »
good shit. bummed theres no more brian brown though.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »
^^yeah I just rewatched that original promo and he was absolutely killing it in there.  Really too bad. 

wheee!

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »
Money's not a very new god so the jab loses it's punch a bit.

Does the exalt shirt come with the stains?

Apart from the wrestler graphic feeling a bit out of place aesthetically, most of the stuff looks great.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 09:23:07 PM »
I'm riding that renaud american board right now, it's definitely one of my favorite boards I've ridden in the past few years.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »
Maybe they should have gone with "Exalt the New Rob" and put Dyrdeks face on it. I like the graphic and support a little rabble rousing.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 08:17:54 PM »
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 05:40:56 AM »
Question for anyone that has seen the Politic Extinction Series in person...I can't tell from the pics, are they full dipped? Or is it standard transfer with stained bottom ply?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Question for anyone that has seen the Politic Extinction Series in person...I can't tell from the pics, are they full dipped? Or is it standard transfer with stained bottom ply?
[close]

I've got the Renaud 8.38 that I'll set up soon. It's not dipped, the top and middle ply are stained, but not the bottom ply.

Right on. Thanks for the reply Clamy, I appreciate it. I am on an 8.38 Durante right now and was looking at the 8.25 shape next. I really like the shapes and concave they're using from South Central.