Author Topic: the American way..... ???  (Read 2253 times)

shuvit

the American way..... ???
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:12:57 PM »
America was taken by superior weaponry and superior Warriors

America has been defended by force of arms

America has been held by superior tactics and armaments

seriously man? you gonna tell me different? did you pay attention in history class?

shuvit

Re: the American way..... ???
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:16:35 PM »
before i got some youngstas who dont know betta read up on the

Revolutionary War
French Indian War

CUDDLEMONSTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »
superior weaponry? in the revolution? when and where?

and what prompted this topic anyway?

shuvit

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:24:23 PM »
what prompted this topic is the "whatever" this message board is named after.
 but anyway the american way thing is a previous thing going on. i want to know how "skateboarders" feel about these things

Jackers

• Rep: 11
  • Thanks GRL
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 11:25:51 PM »
superior weaponry? in the revolution? when and where?

and what prompted this topic anyway?
dont know, The Decepticons maybe.
Idle

shuvit

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:29:48 PM »
stage 1.. 
 bows and arrows vs. muskets

....lets get past that.... lets move on ....

Chris McCracken

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:59:28 PM »
What? The Revolutionary war....we had crappy muskets/nothing to defeat the English but we somehow pulled it off.

Right now we do have superior weaponry and we have been defended by arms though.... Hell, even if we were invaded, everyone has a gun.

quit

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 12:13:23 AM »
We won the revolutionary war fighting like crazed dipshits...the opposition were gentlemen...which is currently ironic.

Chris McCracken

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 12:16:02 AM »
Yeah, we used guerilla tactics and knew the land....British didn't really stand a chance....

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 01:37:03 AM »
go read the book peoples history of the world. plenty of good factual info.

i fixed it, book was the word!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 03:19:24 PM by plastic bench nerd »

Sand Nigga

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 06:30:06 AM »

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 06:56:40 AM »
It's also worth noting that things like the common cold and European disease that we were imune to the native population weren't our (European) common illness's killed off about a half of the native populations before any sort of war started, therefore weaking the natives constiderably.

As for the war against the ENGLISH, well, the ENGLISH were have a little trouble else, and it's not like the actually had an army in America, i think toruble at home in Scotland and Ireland as well as European and the Caribean would have had there army well over streched

1746 - Battle of Culloden, The British Army made from Scottish and English soldiers, led by the Duke of Cumberland fight the last major battle on British mainland soil against French supported Scottish rebel Jacobites.
1755 - Seven Years' War begins.
1759 - British forces, led by General James Wolfe, takes French Quebec.
1775 - American War of Independence begins.
17 June - Battle of Bunker Hill
1777 - British defeat at the Battle of Saratoga.
1778 - British victory at the Battle of Long Island.
1793 - War on revolutionary France declared

1775–1783 American Revolutionary War or American War of Independence
1778–1783 Anglo-French War
1779–1783 Anglo–Spanish War
1780–1784 Fourth Anglo-Dutch War

Remember that if you're making an army, it's not always the best idea to have people in it that fucking hate you and your country (that's just a bad idea) as in the Scottish, if your fathers been killed by the English and then suddenly your in the English army and getting sent of to die for England you're not going to be to stoked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_War_of_Independence

This sums up the British naval position which had helped them win every war, ohh they can't use the navy, ohh no proper troops, ohh the French are being dicks and they're only across the channel.

Also you can forget the French Americans were using gorilla tactic with the Natives to help you win there war - ohh how that back fired for them later on, once "America" began to expand and genicide of the local population was seen as an "ok" thing to do

If the English had wanted to keep the Americas i think they would have, instead they kicked the shit out of every country on Earth a bunch of times and let the Americas develope, while Britain dominated the rest of the world.

America didn't really become a super power until the end of the 1880 when they began to model there army on the British, well they began to model there Navy i should say and took example on how somewhere such as Britain had repelled and invaded pretty much anywhere they's really wanted simply using the Navy and better gun fire, don't forget an extra 2 inchs on a bayonet will make the enemy shit themselves
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Sand Nigga

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 07:06:35 AM »
MAN YOU KNOW YOU SEEKRETLY FRUM MANCHESTA YA KILT WEARIN HAGGIS SUCKIN FAKE SKOTTISH BITCH NIGGA

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 07:22:15 AM »
MAN YOU KNOW YOU SEEKRETLY FRUM MANCHESTA YA KILT WEARIN HAGGIS SUCKIN FAKE SKOTTISH BITCH NIGGA

If i was i'd have stolen your car

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 07:25:05 AM »

shut up loser
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are scots really all rough and tough like the guys in trainspotting? Jayme, I think the book you are referring to is "A people's history of the United States" by Howard Zinn.
The thing is, more or less, he'll agree with shuvit. He just won't claim that building a nation on slavery and genocide are anything to be proud of. How could you be proud of that Shuvit? You are disgusting
Also, the U.S. wasn't a "super power" until after 1945. This was for multiple reasons. 1st the only super powers in the world were involved in either World War I or World War II very heavily. The wars were fought on their land, and they lost far more soldiers and civillians, as well as having their industry and agriculture destroyed. The U.S. was lucky enough to have an ocean in both directions between fighting, aside from Pearl Harbor, which was a relatively unimportant military base. This allowed us to accell much faster than any competitor except for the U.S.S.R. Of course due to their stagnant and unstable political foundations, the Soviets crushed under there own weight. Now, thet other reason, is we were the first, and to this day only nation to ever actuallly use a nuclear bomb on a nation. Saddam hasn't, Osama hasn't, Kruschev didn't, Stalin didn't, Kim Jong Il hasn't. We have a special record for being destructive, this is not good.
Now, the past two major wars we have been in (Vietnam and Iraq) have NOT been to secure up safety and peace in America. They were based on LIES both times (in Vietnam there was the Gulf of Tonkin issue, but you already knew that, you paid attention in history class, right?) and neither situation has made us safer. Many would argue that both made us lesss safe, and ruined our military and reputation a little more. But we lost the last war, and have already been deemed the bad guys in this war. OF course winning either war would have done nothing for our safety and security. But using our military in the past couple of instances has NOT made us safer, has NOT made us more powerful and has done anything but bring us glory. In fact, our actions since Bush was elected have pretty much proven to the world that we are not the wonderful super power we claim to be. Shit, we still ain't found Bin Laden or slowed down Al Qaeda.

The fact is, what has kept America around and powerful for so long has been because of our DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS (you know, that shit Bush ignores) that America has maintained greatness. It was our ability to keep a cool head during the cold war, and events such as the Cuban missile crisis, and to talk with others to make sure that we will all make it out ok, with a minimum loss of life and power. You know, bargaining, talking to other nations to make sure we aren't stepping on their toes. Shit like that, that Bush has ignored, and consequently has resulted in a constantly worse and worse world Opinion about the States. Also, when Katrina hit and VENEZUELA was able to send aid to victims before the U.S. it was just a kick in the ass to what a piece of shit country this has become. So, if the reason you brought this up was to pump up Bush, or the American war effort, you are just an idiot.
The military can serve a purpose but we are way to war hungry of a nation, and its currently fucking us up so hard.
And yeah I paid attention in histroy class. I used to TEACH high school history, which I'm assuming is as far as you could have possibly gotten.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Are scots really all rough and tough like the guys in trainspotting?

If you're speaking about junkies in Scotland yes !

shuvit

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »
turkey lurkey i enjoy reading your stuff... always have. you know and i know. arguing this stuff would just be a "pissin contest" .
 i would love to dialogue with you.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

What about Bigby? He's not a junkie, he just got high on violence. Do those guys exist.
I want to go to Edinburgh and get robbed by a bunch of Junkies in a diner bathroom!
Scotland kicks ass dude.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 12:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
What about Bigby? He's not a junkie, he just got high on violence. Do those guys exist.
I want to go to Edinburgh and get robbed by a bunch of Junkies in a diner bathroom!
Scotland kicks ass dude.

Bigby definatly exists, he's a stereotype football casual.

I went out for a pint after work as it's Christmas, this is right in the city centre, there's a million pissed people, busy as fuck, lots of staff nights out, etc, my mate works at the bar, we go and stand in a corner, then a bottle flys at the bar, big fucking fight, bouncer wade in, everyone gets dragged outside, where they all beat the shit out of each other till the cops come and arrest everyone - that the spirt of Christmas

Anyway, the only violence you'll be in contact with will come from football fans or minks/chavs/neds, they wear track suits, socks tucked in, caps at 90 degrees, and are aged between 15-25, and attack in groups.

If you are unlucky enough to have junkie try and rob you it will be the most confusing thing in your life, just get the fuck out of there as soon as you hear them "ask" for something, don't stop just walk on

Anyway Scotlands fine, Edinburghs fine, Glasgow has the highest murder/stabbing rate in Europe

Just like anywhere go somewhere shitty expect to get batterd, no one will rob you, it just about battering someone and bragging about it

If you do come over let me know i can show you about

sebastian toombs

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »
"gorilla tactics" ?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Scotland kicks ass dude.
[close]

Bigby definatly exists, he's a stereotype football casual.

I went out for a pint after work as it's Christmas, this is right in the city centre, there's a million pissed people, busy as fuck, lots of staff nights out, etc, my mate works at the bar, we go and stand in a corner, then a bottle flys at the bar, big fucking fight, bouncer wade in, everyone gets dragged outside, where they all beat the shit out of each other till the cops come and arrest everyone - that the spirt of Christmas

Anyway, the only violence you'll be in contact with will come from football fans or minks/chavs/neds, they wear track suits, socks tucked in, caps at 90 degrees, and are aged between 15-25, and attack in groups.

If you are unlucky enough to have junkie try and rob you it will be the most confusing thing in your life, just get the fuck out of there as soon as you hear them "ask" for something, don't stop just walk on

Anyway Scotlands fine, Edinburghs fine, Glasgow has the highest murder/stabbing rate in Europe

Just like anywhere go somewhere shitty expect to get batterd, no one will rob you, it just about battering someone and bragging about it

If you do come over let me know i can show you about
Rad.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 01:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Are scots really all rough and tough like the guys in trainspotting? Jayme, I think the book you are referring to is "A people's history of the United States" by Howard Zinn.
The thing is, more or less, he'll agree with shuvit. He just won't claim that building a nation on slavery and genocide are anything to be proud of. How could you be proud of that Shuvit? You are disgusting
Also, the U.S. wasn't a "super power" until after 1945. This was for multiple reasons. 1st the only super powers in the world were involved in either World War I or World War II very heavily. The wars were fought on their land, and they lost far more soldiers and civillians, as well as having their industry and agriculture destroyed. The U.S. was lucky enough to have an ocean in both directions between fighting, aside from Pearl Harbor, which was a relatively unimportant military base. This allowed us to accell much faster than any competitor except for the U.S.S.R. Of course due to their stagnant and unstable political foundations, the Soviets crushed under there own weight. Now, thet other reason, is we were the first, and to this day only nation to ever actuallly use a nuclear bomb on a nation. Saddam hasn't, Osama hasn't, Kruschev didn't, Stalin didn't, Kim Jong Il hasn't. We have a special record for being destructive, this is not good.
Now, the past two major wars we have been in (Vietnam and Iraq) have NOT been to secure up safety and peace in America. They were based on LIES both times (in Vietnam there was the Gulf of Tonkin issue, but you already knew that, you paid attention in history class, right?) and neither situation has made us safer. Many would argue that both made us lesss safe, and ruined our military and reputation a little more. But we lost the last war, and have already been deemed the bad guys in this war. OF course winning either war would have done nothing for our safety and security. But using our military in the past couple of instances has NOT made us safer, has NOT made us more powerful and has done anything but bring us glory. In fact, our actions since Bush was elected have pretty much proven to the world that we are not the wonderful super power we claim to be. Shit, we still ain't found Bin Laden or slowed down Al Qaeda.

The fact is, what has kept America around and powerful for so long has been because of our DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS (you know, that shit Bush ignores) that America has maintained greatness. It was our ability to keep a cool head during the cold war, and events such as the Cuban missile crisis, and to talk with others to make sure that we will all make it out ok, with a minimum loss of life and power. You know, bargaining, talking to other nations to make sure we aren't stepping on their toes. Shit like that, that Bush has ignored, and consequently has resulted in a constantly worse and worse world Opinion about the States. Also, when Katrina hit and VENEZUELA was able to send aid to victims before the U.S. it was just a kick in the ass to what a piece of shit country this has become. So, if the reason you brought this up was to pump up Bush, or the American war effort, you are just an idiot.
The military can serve a purpose but we are way to war hungry of a nation, and its currently fucking us up so hard.
And yeah I paid attention in histroy class. I used to TEACH high school history, which I'm assuming is as far as you could have possibly gotten.

You are forgetting that perhaps most importantly at the end of WWII, the US emerged as huge creditors while all other nations involveds' economies were in shambles and they were in massive debt, mainly to the US for standing on the sidelines while loaning tons of supplies and cash, biding their time until they absolutely had to get involved in the actual combat side of things.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »
wait whats this topic about? how the US won't lose a war or something?
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 02:22:21 PM »
Good point China White. Our economic power after World War II was insane. So large in fact, that it is a big reason for the EU forming, to compete with the U.S. economic power, I think. Couple that blow with major debts that we have been acruing since that Son of a Bitch Ronald Reagan was in office, and we have also lost that power. Now some republicans want him to replace FDR on the dime. MIght not be a bad idea to forget about the America FDR created. That shit is dead.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 03:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yes  peoples history of the united states, howard zinn and noam chomsky are both good reads, zinn having more of a solid political stance then chomsky. noam is a great idealist when it comes to human affairs

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 12:00:06 AM »
Howard is an Historian, Noam is a sociologist, so they have different motives. I liked People's history because I'm kind of a history nerd. I've taught some shit (specifically the columbus story) straight out of that book

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 12:05:44 AM »
Howard is an Historian, Noam is a sociologist, so they have different motives. I liked People's history because I'm kind of a history nerd. I've taught some shit (specifically the columbus story) straight out of that book

thats rad, im so bad with history, i guess not to bad, just hazzy, what are some good zinn books? ive only read and heard of p.h.u.a, read alot of chomsky and i would of loved to attend one of his seminars. lucky havard students...pfff..

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 12:12:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thats rad, im so bad with history, i guess not to bad, just hazzy, what are some good zinn books? ive only read and heard of p.h.u.a, read alot of chomsky and i would of loved to attend one of his seminars. lucky havard students...pfff..

i wish my teacher in highschool would of challenged us with material like that, my history teacher was so broad he would have you thinking christopher columbus was english, in other words my history teacher flat out sucked.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2548
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »
Chomsky is actually a linguist, not a sociologist.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud