Author Topic: Battles within skating..  (Read 4549 times)

4wheels

Re: Battles within skating..
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Idk how you could bail this once and keep going.

[close]

DUDE.  :o
[close]
Biggest kickflip ever? I still wanna see someone 180 that gap or something.
here is something

dask8d00d

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Anyone who's skated with me knows I'm relentless when it comes to landing a trick if I know I'm able to do it. Ill literally try for hours if I have to. I have a ton but I think my most memorable was on the last day I was in Illinois before I moved to AZ. It was this 6 stair with enlarged steps so it was more like an 8, and I was trying to film a back 180 north down it before I moved. The thing is it was about 90 degrees out plus humidity with absolutely no shade, and the last time I was there I got broke the fuck off so I already kind of had the odds against me. I was getting close and sticking every 6-7 tries after about 20 minutes and then I land, shoot out, and my board goes flying into this low parking block. I grab my board to see that the pivot cup on my base plant is stretched out to the side like an oval and my hanger is completely spun around, staying on only because of the kingpin. I unscrew it & put my truck back on extra tight so it stays. another 20-30 minutes passes and I shoot out again only this time my board flies straight into my car parked nearby and knocks off the hubcap. I put it back on and try again. another 20-30 minutes passes and shoot out once again and repeat the shit with my truck. I unscrew it and put it back on, and continue hucking myself down this thing. by this point I'm just drenched in sweat, tired, dehydrated, my body aches, and my back truck is all fucked up. it had to have taken me at least 2 and a half hours but I finally ended up landing it and getting my clip. hell now that I'm talking about it that reminds me i need to hit my homie & get that footage!

Brown Thunder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
Anyone who's skated with me knows I'm relentless when it comes to landing a trick if I know I'm able to do it. Ill literally try for hours if I have to. I have a ton but I think my most memorable was on the last day I was in Illinois before I moved to AZ. It was this 6 stair with enlarged steps so it was more like an 8, and I was trying to film a back 180 north down it before I moved. The thing is it was about 90 degrees out plus humidity with absolutely no shade, and the last time I was there I got broke the fuck off so I already kind of had the odds against me. I was getting close and sticking every 6-7 tries after about 20 minutes and then I land, shoot out, and my board goes flying into this low parking block. I grab my board to see that the pivot cup on my base plant is stretched out to the side like an oval and my hanger is completely spun around, staying on only because of the kingpin. I unscrew it & put my truck back on extra tight so it stays. another 20-30 minutes passes and I shoot out again only this time my board flies straight into my car parked nearby and knocks off the hubcap. I put it back on and try again. another 20-30 minutes passes and shoot out once again and repeat the shit with my truck. I unscrew it and put it back on, and continue hucking myself down this thing. by this point I'm just drenched in sweat, tired, dehydrated, my body aches, and my back truck is all fucked up. it had to have taken me at least 2 and a half hours but I finally ended up landing it and getting my clip. hell now that I'm talking about it that reminds me i need to hit my homie & get that footage!

thats why you shouldn't bother with back 180 'norths'

Jus kiddn hoss, i always enjoy seeing someone battle something and make it. i don't have the patience to last more than an hour