Author Topic: BASTIEN x THRASHER PART  (Read 15806 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
Re: BASTIEN x THRASHER PART
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
the drug thing must've been an excuse for flip to use.....
clearly he never stopped ripping so the guitar and so called drugs never effected his game,

tom penny is one of the biggest drug heads in skateboarding and they dealt with him and still sell boards,
rune gets high and kisses men....so i think bastien's kick off from flip was more to do with him making them look bad, the team at the time was super gnarly with geoff, arto, apples etc but bastiens skating is like this all the time, super hi standard and consistancy which made any fellow team mate or demo'er look like a lazy pro......ive seen this in person.

Kicked off for making the rest of the team look bad?
Why the fuck would they kick you off for ripping?

"Sorry Bastien, you're too good for this team, we don't want our brand to be
associated with people that are super good at skating."

NO!

Anti-Hetro

• Rep: -49
  • I used to rape guys like you in prison!
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »

Anti-Hetro

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »
Here, I will help you all out...

It is not like he murdered his girlfriend...

It is not like he beat a gay dude to death...

It is not like he tried to bring in tons of drugs...

It is not like he got really drunk and gave a teammate a lift to the pub on a motorcycle...

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It is not like he got really drunk and gave a teammate a lift to the pub on a motorcycle...

Ender

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2014, 07:00:09 AM »
I wasnt gonna post here because most threads with flip and bastien involved Im always bashing away

About drugs ?  you guys have no proof or anything that bastien was doing hard drugs or what ever . And at the same time
you guys are claiming a company that had boulallalaal , glifberg , tom penny and a bunch of other dudes with tons of
shroom / weed / mdma / xtc grafics and pretty well known drug habbits  . Yes Im sure they kicked bastien off for doing drugs

same time a team with alot of dudes going AWOL without getting kicked off , bastien who was the best on flip got kicked off for going AWOL

The truth is flip is one of the worst companies to misstreat guys

Kicking of chalmers for not skating like they want to , kicking off bastien for not skating like they want to and then making sure he got kicked off from other sponsors for good messure . Getting pissed off with appleyard when he quit and taking out ads in magazines
claiming he is a sell out , that he is joining a hippy surfer company ( while others on the team skate for globe , vans and volcome )

I could go on and on , like I do in most threads , bashing flip and deffending Bastien but I just woke up . But you guys are saying bastien
got kicked off from a company that promotes drug use for doing drugs ? or for being diffacult when Penny was always gone or boulallalallala for being in prison and in a accident with shane

cmon ! 

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2014, 08:55:47 AM »
While on the subject of hijacked Flip footage I'd like to see Eric Fletcher's Extremely Sorry part.

Anti-Hetro

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2014, 01:00:13 PM »
270 flip to chest thump /bastien

"i dont kno why you hate on sheckler hes so good at sk8ing and thats all that counts, right?!"

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1553
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
While on the subject of hijacked Flip footage I'd like to see Eric Fletcher's Extremely Sorry part.

damn, flip is looking like a sink-hole for amazing skaters' careers right now

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
Flip makes Jamie Thomas look like a sweet old lady.
Twin Perks

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2014, 05:16:54 PM »
Absolute madness.  I don't even know how to react.

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
I second this motion and while we're at it release that david gonzalez part that was kept because he was "too small"

RONNIE KRAY

• Rep: 2
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
Of course this footage wasn't lost in the literal sense,  it was lost to circumstance.  It's completely standard for companies to hold onto footage filmed by their own filmers on the payroll, on the tours they have paid for. You think Bastien made it to Australia to skate that gold rail off his own back? or even america for that matter? Of course not, it was all made possible by his sponsers and primarily Flip. The same as it is for any sponsored skater, all he needed to do was maintain a working relationship with his sponsors and produce footage in return for the privalage of living a lifestyle a million other kids would kill for. Clearly producing footage wasn't the problem for Bastien but the relationship side of it was another matter. The thing is under normal circumstances after the skater hooks up with a new company they'd buy the stacked footage from the previous sponsor and all parties are happy just as you see countless times when people are riding old boards in there part, but Bastien didn't hook up with anything else just disappeared into obscurity before remerging on Jart years later, what did you expect flip to do with this footage in the meantime? As for Alex chalmers the footage he wanted to contribute to really sorry went to one of the digital vids I think SANE but that situation was different as alex filmed with his own filmer not with Ewan Bowman.
If Flip is this huge racist monster of a company that inexplicably kicked off unarguably one of the best skaters in the world then why didn't anyone else pick him up? Maybe the situations more similar to that of nick merlino or daryl stanton than some crazy racist conspiracy some people on here are creating.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
This is what he had to say about his departure from FLIP, drug use, etc. a while back in a Jenkem interview. Make of it what you will.
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/10/06/squashing-rumors-with-bastien-salabanzi/

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »
What happened to the footage he was working on post this stuff though is my question. He had that interview in transworld in late 08' where he talks about going back to france and how he picked up guitar and got super into Stevie Ray Vaughn and even got that SRV tat. Is he still on Jart or whatever.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

vans man

• Rep: 4
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
the year arto won SOTY, we seen the flip team at 3rd and army. all i remember for tricks was a tiny bastien doing a long line that started w/ a switch heel 5-0. he was a kid but looked awesome, shame how all this went down. if this were a movie then his footage would be released when everyone's an old man and everyone would stand and clap, even the racist townfolk who kept him down in his prime. in the movie though his so-called 'self cheering' would be replaced by a stoicism. he'd cab flip fs board w/ a single tear carving down his cheek like an indian bummed on litter..... sorry for that digression, as rad as his part was i wish it had switch heel 5-0s and some of the stuff he's capable of that we don't get to see in street league.

Im pretty sure that switch heel 5 0 is in sorry, i think theres one with a line and one where is bs 180s out

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM »
This being buried for 10 years has surely cost him plenty in lost income. Cab flip up stairs in a line? So true, this part could come out today and people would think every clip is ridic.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »
Hey does anyone know if there's an interview with bastien about what happened? Please post the link, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've searched and searched and I'm not sure if one actually exists.

Help pls.

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »
Can't find it either  ::)
Twin Perks

shit_for_brains

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2014, 08:48:45 PM »
Of course this footage wasn't lost in the literal sense,  it was lost to circumstance.  It's completely standard for companies to hold onto footage filmed by their own filmers on the payroll, on the tours they have paid for. You think Bastien made it to Australia to skate that gold rail off his own back? or even america for that matter? Of course not, it was all made possible by his sponsers and primarily Flip. The same as it is for any sponsored skater, all he needed to do was maintain a working relationship with his sponsors and produce footage in return for the privalage of living a lifestyle a million other kids would kill for. Clearly producing footage wasn't the problem for Bastien but the relationship side of it was another matter. The thing is under normal circumstances after the skater hooks up with a new company they'd buy the stacked footage from the previous sponsor and all parties are happy just as you see countless times when people are riding old boards in there part, but Bastien didn't hook up with anything else just disappeared into obscurity before remerging on Jart years later, what did you expect flip to do with this footage in the meantime? As for Alex chalmers the footage he wanted to contribute to really sorry went to one of the digital vids I think SANE but that situation was different as alex filmed with his own filmer not with Ewan Bowman.
If Flip is this huge racist monster of a company that inexplicably kicked off unarguably one of the best skaters in the world then why didn't anyone else pick him up? Maybe the situations more similar to that of nick merlino or daryl stanton than some crazy racist conspiracy some people on here are creating.

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »
this has been posted a million times, but here u go
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/10/06/squashing-rumors-with-bastien-salabanzi/
one of the first things that comes up when u type "bastien salabanzi interview"
anybody remember that weird blog about in depth bastien coke stories that turned out to be bullshit?

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »
Seriously I got a pm from the administrators saying the interview had been posted 20 times in the last day or two, but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone could post it for me, it would be awesome.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:06:13 PM by via »

Anti-Hetro

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
and his rep is 162

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »

Anti-Hetro

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2014, 10:12:24 PM »

JamesSkates

• Rep: -11
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2014, 12:23:29 AM »
Seriously I got a pm from the administrators saying the interview had been posted 20 times in the last day or two, but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone could post it for me, it would be awesome.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2014, 01:04:09 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ender

Glad you guys can make jokes out of that..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:07:32 AM by poorlatino »

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Bastien, to me, seems like the Rasheed Wallace of skateboarding in that he's got a weirdish skill set (cab double flips, that funky crouch) and a sort of polarizing swagger that not too many other skateboarders have. Nyjah is like the Carmelo, where his tricks and style seem really contrived and thought out, whereas Bastien's just got that outlandish style and self-cheering that seems innocent.
[close]

love the basketball references.  Carmelo sucks.  In the very same way nyjah does.  Obviously a backhanded compliment.

Flip should be banished for taking this away from the dude.  Homeboy basically performed billy jean and nobody seen it.  The worst skate crime is to not give a dude his footage.

ffuuugg

I wish I had the skills to photoshop Bastien's face into this

Harem

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
All that Melbourne footage was from January 2006. The full cab flip fs boardslide was in the friends section of GLORY RIDE (2011) I remember seeing Bastien skate around with Ewan, Dustin, Lewis, Mapstone, constantly. I think every year for about 4 years he'd spend a month here.
I don't think I've witnessed anything as incredible then seeing Bastien skate in person, everything was so easy for him.

Things I remember him doing:

~ Doing 4 full cab flips in a row on flat, with out pushing once.
~ Attempting FULL CAB FLIP FS BLUNTSIDE down the Flinders street trail
~ Nollie big heel bs lip to fakie on a flat bar, first shot
~ Half cab flip crooks 180 out on a ledge
~ Full cab flip down a 9 stair, and him saying ''Felt like a fucking 2 stair man'' right after he landed it, shrugged his shoulders

He is still relatively young, 28. I hope he gets on some legit companies. At least Rockstar will be paying him quite nicely. Good start the year, for sure. He is on peoples radar again.

His Sw Fs 360 in this is beastly

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:31:53 AM by Harem »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:30 AM »
I think his backside flip into the marble wedge in Miami is the gnarliest thing I've ever seen done on it.

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »

I lived in Iowa for awhile and he's from there so I heard a lot about fletcher. The dude is straight amazing on a skateboard. I once heard when him and malto were kids they went on a tour together for Etnies and Eric pretty much outskated Sean. But sadly I doubt there was enough if any footage for an extremely sorry part, the dude fell off for awhile and lost all his sponsors because he actually did get addicted to drugs. But then he started skating again and hangin with trapasso and that's how he got hooked up with LE