Poll

final

lurkville
politic
heavy
isle
northern company

Author Topic: Slap's Board Buyer Club: VOTE OR DON'T  (Read 45551 times)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Slap's Board Buyer Club: Scumco and Sons Jan 4th to Feb 6th
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 04:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Art - As always, outstanding review! Thanks for posting the pics brother. I am curious what the nose and tail length are on that bad boy.

I just set something new up last week myself, but I might jump on one of these in the not too distant future.
[close]

I'm terrible at getting accurate measurements, so these may be off a little

nose = 7
tail = just under 7
wheelbase = 14
length = 31.8 (prob would be listed as 32)

whatever the measurements, the deck feels solid under my feet.  Dont think I've ever skated Pennswood before ... I'm impressed.  Expect it to carry me through the winter.
[close]

Here's the exact measurements art:

8.25 =  32.00 long, 14.00 wheelbase, 7.12 nose, 6.625 tail

rad. thanks. 
hardly art, hardly starving

waltercronkite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
Something to get you out skating

Even if the weather is less than admirable

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »
Who else in the Slap BBC for this month has bought their Scumco and set it up?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »
ABP, but appropriate for this thread and anyone wanting to learn about Scumco.

Thanks for those. All the more stoked.

This is problably one of my all time favorite deck designs, I really wish it was still in stock somewhere:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7t99ucsf1qeaj41o1_1280.jpg

Anyways, I'll snap a pic of my Scumco setup sooner or later. I set it up in late december. It doesn't count, but I'm still excited about these threads. Even if it's not like everyone's down to run out and buy a board every month according to the hivemind, it's still cool for everyone to share how stoked they are on a certain small brand and share specific details like how this month's thread is shaping up.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 02:37:21 AM »
Bought it, still riding an old one. Not gonna bother until it dries up here.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
Setting mine up right now.  Just posted this photo on Instagram and Facebook to get a little more attention to this. 

That's a beauty. If you check Scumco's insta they thanked the Slap Board Buyers Club for picking them a few days ago. See the system does work.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »
Setting mine up right now.  Just posted this photo on Instagram and Facebook to get a little more attention to this.  

Good lord that thing is sick. What width is that one? The 8 7/8? If so, any idea on the approximate length? I was gonna replace my Welcome cruiser with another Welcome, but that Scumco shape is too hilarious to pass up if the deck is big enough.

the Slap BBC

heh. i'm sorry
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:14:44 PM by CossRooper »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Bought it, still riding an old one. Not gonna bother until it dries up here.

Setting mine up right now.  Just posted this photo on Instagram and Facebook to get a little more attention to this. 

I hear ya. Im going to wait a couple of more days theres still snow on most of the curbs and temperatures in the low 20s here.

Thats a mighty nice looking board you have there HATE!

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 04:52:16 AM »

did you order from scumco or did you get that at a shop?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 05:16:10 AM »
Yeah, fully digging that ride HATE. Looking forward to hearing some feedback! To Art's post earlier on Pennswood, everything I've ever had out of their shop has been killer. I'm still holding out some hope that Olson decides to use Pennswood for his board co.

And I did see the Scumco post on IG regarding the BBC. That's great work and really nice of Scumco to recognize the people representing. That goes a long way, IMO, and I wish more companies took the time.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I wish more companies would go back to stained bottom plys instead of plain. I know it's just vanity, but it's nice seeing the colored ply showing through after a good ledge session.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:18:04 AM by heritage »

aaronagis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
If it wasn't for the Oregon weather I would be in on this one. The scumco  boards look really good. But the weather wont let up. I still have 2  basically new boards as it is. I'm probrably still going to have to order an 8.5 here eventually.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get that Land Surveyor board Art Hellman posted?  the scum co site uses paypal and paypal keeps saying i cant use my card.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone know where I can get that Land Surveyor board Art Hellman posted?  the scum co site uses paypal and paypal keeps saying i cant use my card.
[close]

http://www.laborskateshop.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=4&PID=2609

https://www.pitcrewskateboards.com/shop/p-7455-scumco-sons-land-surveyors-deck-8125.aspx

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=1&PID=21468

http://eskateboardshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=3719

I saw it on Seasons' site a while back too...

you won't be disappointed.  a perfect shape.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »
If it wasn't for the Oregon weather I would be in on this one. The scumco� boards look really good. But the weather wont let up. I still have 2� basically new boards as it is. I'm probrably still going to have to order an 8.5 here eventually.

same for me but im in michigan. i set up a chocolate last fall and it will probably last me until spring, and i have a new antihero on deck. plus i have a basically brand new welcome complete i got last month that i try to ride equally as much as my other set up. so buying another board right now when i can only skate indoor parks once, maybe twice a week isnt really in my budget. i really want to try a pennswood board in the future though.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.laborskateshop.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=4&PID=2609

https://www.pitcrewskateboards.com/shop/p-7455-scumco-sons-land-surveyors-deck-8125.aspx

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=1&PID=21468

http://eskateboardshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=3719

Thanks I will have to figure out how to make paypal work. Scumco has free shipping which saves me a bunch. I want the deck for my wall since those graphics are what I do at work all day.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »

Thanks I will have to figure out how to make paypal work. Scumco has free shipping which saves me a bunch. I want the deck for my wall since those graphics are what I do at work all day.

rad.  similar reason for picking that graphic as well.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »

I've always found the idea of land surveying pretty fascinating. Not sure why exactly.  That's a sick deck though. I promised myself a snack next, and like several others I've got a fresh complete that'll last me through the shitty winter easy, plus a new cruiser. Trying not to give into temptation...

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 09:19:51 PM »
dudes this winter is kicking my ass with all of this awful weather. It seems i may have came up with this idea for the wrong time of the year. I hope all with good weather are getting out there and skating and setting up some scumcos.

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
Not a recent purchase but my first scumco boards. Got these last year. One for the wall and the other will be a cruiser, haven't set it up yet though. Amazing graphic and shape, I had the original Corey o brien as a kid.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:15 AM »
Not a recent purchase but my first scumco boards. Got these last year. One for the wall and the other will be a cruiser, haven't set it up yet though. Amazing graphic and shape, I had the original Corey o brien as a kid.

I had the O'Brien as a kid too. Got one of these for the wall. Would love to get another to skate.

BRO

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
Just paid for a 9" square tail one off with the KT graphic.  Nick was nice enough to help me out with that one.  Will post a picture when I get it. 

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 03:27:14 PM »
Just grabbed this from Labor the other day. I won't be able to set it up this month because i recently set up another deck that is going to last me awhile but I've been meaning to grab a Scumco deck so I figured I might as well buy it now.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »

Ended up springing for the 8.88 Cap'n Cruiser to upgrade my cruiser setup. The other deck I bought for my regular setup in December.

Got them both from Energy Skateshop in Daytona Beach, FL. Sick shop, seems to be SLAP's choice in terms of brands he carries too (Scumco, Palace, Magenta, Hopps, Polar, Lots of DVD's from Theories, etc etc).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:42:22 PM by CossRooper »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »

Ended up springing for the 8.88 Cap'n Cruiser to upgrade my cruiser setup. The other deck I bought for my regular setup in December.

Got them both from Energy Skateshop in Daytona Beach, FL. Sick shop, seems to be SLAP's choice in terms of brands he carries too (Scumco, Palace, Magenta, Hopps, Polar, Lots of DVD's from Theories, etc etc).

great looking setups. that cap'n crusier looks awesome with the green wood.

its getting toward the end of the month. when do we start voting for february? i know winter probably screwed a lot of people out of getting a scumco this month. id be down to extend scumco for another month if enough people still want to grab a deck in the near future. just a thought though. there are plenty of good companies id be willing to support when i can actually get outside and skate more. right now i skate indoor parks or my secret TF (its like a giant garage with some pallets and ply wood) once, maybe twice a week and both my setups have pretty new decks, so i couldnt really bring myself to buy a new one this month when i know im not going to be skating as much as i want to.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2014, 08:18:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

great looking setups. that cap'n crusier looks awesome with the green wood.

its getting toward the end of the month. when do we start voting for february? i know winter probably screwed a lot of people out of getting a scumco this month. id be down to extend scumco for another month if enough people still want to grab a deck in the near future. just a thought though. there are plenty of good companies id be willing to support when i can actually get outside and skate more. right now i skate indoor parks or my secret TF (its like a giant garage with some pallets and ply wood) once, maybe twice a week and both my setups have pretty new decks, so i couldnt really bring myself to buy a new one this month when i know im not going to be skating as much as i want to.

was about to ask the same question

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
I have neither the money nor the need for another deck in the next 30 days, and most people that are down with this idea probably don't either if they just bought one. Especially with winter dicking everyone right now... I'd say just keep the Scumco discourse going til the middle/end of February and have a solid round on the next one as opposed to a guaranteed flop.

BRO

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:20 PM »
Or maybe do it quarterly to really give people a chance.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 05:49:37 AM »
agreed.  below zero and skating exclusively indoors aren't really conditions on which to give realistic feedback.  The deadline should definitely get kicked out to at least end of March

Randozzi

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »
I concur.

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »
I'm definitely on board doing it quarterly. Or at least bi-monthly.