Author Topic: Jake Johnson Interview: Cafe Creme Blog  (Read 6412 times)

poorlatino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Jake Johnson Interview: Cafe Creme Blog
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 05:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he's got a damn good head on his shoulders.
[close]
.         Cool interview but, What's up with him saying he was mentally disconnected from reality? How did that not spark any further questions? I had heard he freaked out on mushrooms at one point. But he mentioned it wasn't related to drugs... Strange
[close]
Jake had a shroom binge with Brengar and by the end of it he started wearing baggier pants and became a libertarian.
[close]
that's why i've always been too scared to try shrooms
[close]
It's been many years but I can honestly say shrooms are one of the best drug experiences I have experienced and I am a wearer of Dickies 874's and AVE 78 Vans jeans which are both on the baggy side, make of that what you will.

Oh great we got trendy hippies now

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
Yeah but you get a more thought out answer as well.....I think both are fine but yes, obviously this wouldn't be the same interview if it were spoken.....I'm sure you're a lot different when a keyboard isn't in front of you.....

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »
RON PAUL SHIRT IS A HUGE TURN-OFF BUT WE WERE ALL YOUNG ONCE I STILL LOVE YOU JAKE

Laban Fetus

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
.         Cool interview but, What's up with him saying he was mentally disconnected from reality? How did that not spark any further questions? I had heard he freaked out on mushrooms at one point. But he mentioned it wasn't related to drugs... Strange
[close]
Jake had a shroom binge with Brengar and by the end of it he started wearing baggier pants and became a libertarian.
[close]
[close]
It's been many years but I can honestly say shrooms are one of the best drug experiences I have experienced and I am a wearer of Dickies 874's and AVE 78 Vans jeans which are both on the baggy side, make of that what you will.

galaxies

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 08:18:21 PM »
definitely a smart dude. perfect interview to be translated into french haha..

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »
I'm a little perplexed by this statement

"Contests seem more important for gathering skateboarders together in Europe, and I?ve seen some horrible sponsors at these events, and crowds that i would rather not entertain."

The only questionable contest sponsor that springs to mind is RedBull and their Manny Mania contest. Anyone got an idea of the contests he's referring to?

I don't but didn't he recently get flown to Japan to no comply off a G Shock banner? Not that there was anything wrong with that.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Seriously, me too. I don't want to have a revelation and become a tree hugging baggie pant hiker. I'd rather get drunk and stay close minded.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
The Ron Paul hate here blows my mind...what do people have against liberty? I don't get it? The guy was one of the biggest anti war advocates in congress for years, spoke out against current banking system, bail outs and government corruption under all administrations, crossed party lines, is critical of both major political parties and the political system in general. I mean I'm not saying you should love the guy or that he's perfect but come on...

Jake is rad, he is truly one of a kind on and off a board.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:38:00 PM by TMKF »

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
.?  ?  ?  ?  ? Cool interview but, What's up with him saying he was mentally disconnected from reality? How did that not spark any further questions? I had heard he freaked out on mushrooms at one point. But he mentioned it wasn't related to drugs... Strange
[close]
[close]

Laughed so hard at this.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »
The Ron Paul hate here blows my mind...what do people have against liberty? I don't get it? The guy was one of the biggest anti war advocates in congress for years, spoke out against current banking system, bail outs and government corruption under all administrations, crossed party lines, is critical of both major political parties and the political system in general. I mean I'm not saying you should love the guy or that he's perfect but come on...

RON PAUL ISN'T LIBERTY FUCKWAD, WALLRIDES AND NO COMPLYS ARE

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 01:45:25 AM »

There's a mushroom grow kit built into those bad boys.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 02:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

RON PAUL ISN'T LIBERTY FUCKWAD, BANKRIDES AND NO COMPLYS ARE

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 05:08:29 AM »
I suppose everyone goes through a ron Paul phase. Maybe he's an article or two short of realizing ron Paul is functionally an anarchist and that anarchy is not as fun as it sounds like.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am not familiar with ron paul as a european but i really hate the way liberals, neo-liberals manipulate tha language to promote their anachronistic and irational ideas and present them as groundbreaking. Actually their own name is a deception. The liberty they preach is the liberty of the buisinessman not our liberty.

The whole idea of liberalism and neo-liberalism doesnt even comply logically with democracy. You cant have democracy with liberal policies. Lets say that you legislate in favor of buisinessmen(not to mention that small companies dont benefit from such laws as they compete massive companies with massive capital), this automatically means that you are legislating against workers. This means that if the capitals dont pay taxes LEGALLY someone else has to pay taxes(debt crisis is that rich people dont pay thus creating shortage), plus the workers get smaller salaries, they have to pay from their own pocket for their pension etc etc. On the other hand buisinessmen cannot exist without workers and lets say that there is an average of 5 workers per buisinessman in a country. This means automatically that everytime you legislate you favour one man against 5. Democracy my ass.   

excitableboy

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I am not familiar with ron paul as a european but i really hate the way liberals, neo-liberals manipulate tha language to promote their anachronistic and irational ideas and present them as groundbreaking. Actually their own name is a deception. The liberty they preach is the liberty of the buisinessman not our liberty.

The whole idea of liberalism and neo-liberalism doesnt even comply logically with democracy. You cant have democracy with liberal policies. Lets say that you legislate in favor of buisinessmen(not to mention that small companies dont benefit from such laws as they compete massive companies with massive capital), this automatically means that you are legislating against workers. This means that if the capitals dont pay taxes LEGALLY someone else has to pay taxes(debt crisis is that rich people dont pay thus creating shortage), plus the workers get smaller salaries, they have to pay from their own pocket for their pension etc etc. On the other hand buisinessmen cannot exist without workers and lets say that there is an average of 5 workers per buisinessman in a country. This means automatically that everytime you legislate you favour one man against 5. Democracy my ass.   
Liberalism is a lot different in the US than what it generally is understood to be in Europe. Also, Ron Paul was a republican who turned libertarian, right?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 08:02:58 AM »
I'm a little perplexed by this statement

"Contests seem more important for gathering skateboarders together in Europe, and I?ve seen some horrible sponsors at these events, and crowds that i would rather not entertain."

The only questionable contest sponsor that springs to mind is RedBull and their Manny Mania contest. Anyone got an idea of the contests he's referring to?

i don't know about now but from 95- till the early 2000s when 411 would make those Euro contest videos i would always see some bizzare companies sponsoring the contest, i know Playstation and Sony sponsored a few, it was always some big corporate companies that weren't even trying to market things directly to skateboarders, it was just like the do a demographics search and sponsor things in Europe and a lot of times it was skateboard contest.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Liberalism is a lot different in the US than what it generally is understood to be in Europe. Also, Ron Paul was a republican who turned libertarian, right?
We got Liberal parties as well and i know what liberalism and neo-liberalism is.

Kankle

• Rep: -3
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 08:48:03 AM »
I'm hyped for a GX1000 full-length project! I love those videos and Jake's skating. It is hard to face certain aspects of the skateboard  industry, but like Jake said, there is a large rise in the support for small and more independent companies. Which I think is really good and something we need more of in skateboarding right now.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
I love how he believes in the part of skateboarding that is about your perspection. He has always been one of the dudes I've looked forward the most to see!

...as for the wrong sponsors in Europe - I just read an interview with the guy that makes CPH PRO, and he makes no money of it himself. So I think a lot of these events just take what money they can get to make the best event possible, and I really have a hard time seeing the problem in that.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
We got Liberal parties as well and i know what liberalism and neo-liberalism is.

Your understanding of it is a bit different from mine, so I don't know who is right. Anyways - you'll need some of that evil corporate money to be able to have a social security net, and if there's too high taxes then no one will be able to compete against other countries where the taxes are lower and therefore the state won't make any money.

I find myself somewhere between a good social security net and the acceptance that it's the free market that has to make the money for all the welfare - so I guess I'm a social-liberalist.

My understanding of liberalism is that it's more focused on personal freedom and neo-liberalism is focused on the freedom to make money on anything i.e. cars, bandaids, drugs, or guns - but I might be a little wrong (And the part where the rich pays less taxes is some stupid conservative idea, it has nothing to do with freedom not treating people equally! Also no system works if people bend the rules or act against them, so I think it's a bit wrong to judge the ideology from that perspective).

And as said USA is very different from Europe. The most liberal party in Denmark are more socialist than the democrats in America.

excitableboy

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Of course we do, why else would I bring the difference up? Besides, like I said, Ron Paul is/was republican, if I am not mistaken.

Let's just hope it's an old photo and our beloved Jake is now listening to Ralph Nader.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
 Well you give me food to write a whole book there about the contradictions of capitalism and what you write but i really dont have the time. Things are pretty straightforward but those who preach liberalism have distorted everything. So i leave it to this:

There are no money there is only labor and social needs. Money should be work credit and not a comodity. Investors are a dead weight to society yet they have dominated everything because of free market. When people understand these we will be free.

excitableboy

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »
Well you give me food to write a whole book there about the contradictions of capitalism and what you write but i really dont have the time. Things are pretty straightforward but those who preach liberalism have distorted everything. So i leave it to this:

There are no money there is only labor and social needs. Money should be work credit and not a comodity. Investors are a dead weight to society yet they have dominated everything because of free market. When people understand these we will be free.

I'm really trying my best to understand these.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »

so communism is freedom?

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »
Slap political discussions = next level.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

so communism is freedom?
What do you mean with the term freedom? For some people freedom is to do drugs and not give a fuck, for others is the freedom to exploit 3rd world, for some is having to choose from 100 different models of smart phones, for others is getting the responsibility of the society in their own hands collectively. Communism is clearly the latter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:34:12 AM by Tufty »

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

so communism is freedom?
[close]
What do you mean with the term freedom? For some people freedom is to do drugs and not give a fuck, for others is the freedom to exploit 3rd world, for some is having to choose from 100 different models of smart phones, for others is getting the responsibility of the society in their own hands collectively. Communism is clearly the latter.

Along the lines of no boundaries as long as you're not affecting other people (because then you would minimize their freedom).

I do however think that believing communism is freedom have been proven wrong by history. I also believe that welfare can improve the freedom of the people - if people have the same starting point (which society to some degree can provide) I think the overall freedom of a society will grow.

....anyways shouldn't we talk about those shroom pants?

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

hmu bros lets fry, gentle doses i sware
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
I don't understand the praise of Jake Johnson, well I think he's an amazing skateboarder forsure. But I feel like people are making him out to be some super genius that is breaking all these barriers down.

I give him credit, he does seem to have more depth then most other industry skateboarders, and i really respect that. To me, he just seems like a normal, fairly with-it and fairly out-there, dude. No gimmicks just skateboarding.

I guess when you have some pretty straight-up dumb pro skateboarders in the industry, seeing one that is somewhat normal is shocking. At least he gives us legit answers in his interviews instead of, "Fuck ya! The trip was rad!"

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »
Hi I'm French and I need English to be translated for me.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »
Never knew shrooms make your pants baggier
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.