Author Topic: What's the best video part in all of history?  (Read 17464 times)

railchomper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Re: What's the best video part in all of history?
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
tspliff in WTF is super sick also merlinos part is fucked

Bliz

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
PJ, is has the best bangin' everything ever filmed at the berrics.
[close]
[close]

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
I bet Needlejuice is the most annoying dude in person.

sorry i was on two yelllow buses last nite postin that (dunno if u no ab that reference, but anxiety meds basically). im actually a super introverted guy in real life.

i see where ur comin from. kinda y i dont have a facebook, who doesnt post dumb shit every now and then though? i agree with what i was geting at, but yeah, that post i sounded like a babbling idiot hahah      nice to meet u iceman
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:54:31 PM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

needlejuice

Re: What's the best video part in all of history? imo
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Soo glad most of us are agreeing on this. i remember loving the maple videos, the bag of suck was literally the most creative video ever made by an independent skate co. not some flashy high budget production. Jerry, Louie, and Caswell, and the friends section is amazing, but to this day ive never seen such creative and innovative doubles, triples skating in unison in the one section they had at the park when louie did all the crazy tricks with a million pennies glued on the bottom of his board...

i cant believe how many people cant appreciate newer stuff, i mean i love me some old ray barbee,guerrero, natas, stranger, but anyone who believes these legends dont have skaters nowadays that equally compare and compete with them in terms of everything are clueless (it's just like people who say All music sucks nowadays/ or i hate the remake of this movie because i love the old one); the problem is, these people dont give things a chance (paying more attention to the time period CMON GUYS EVERYONE KNOWS THE CLASSICS BY NOW, who the fuck cares if you love carroll's modus part WHO THE FUCK DOESNT? (marc Johnson just came out with his best part ever, so that proves that point. its been mentioned forever on these threads. lets look at the guys who have been inspired by them, and see who stands up.
WHy is there so many wannabe trendy suckers in skating, deliberately only posting old "classic" stuff as their "favorite parts". However, im glad someof us people share the same topical opinions... Gravette's new creature part along with AND NOW part made me look at him as the gonz of high impact skating, and dude seems like one of the most down to earth guys in the game, including jerry.

Daniel Espinoza's bangin to this day, might be one of the most insane performances on a skateboard ive seen.

cant leave out PJ's whl (was my favorite in middle school, but truthfully i liked gallant's part just as much), and now since then i look at PJ as boring as prod nowadays, just super slow skating, very very non-individualistic style, i loved seeing him get pissed at nyberg during their berrics game, and thought it was really a gump ass move when he said in the interview he was embarassed to do the guy's tricks.

Well fuck PJ, Im embarassed everytime i watch you roll five miles an hr in every berrics game, not missing any of the basics, sloppily making the harder ones, and almost everytime the dude hes playing has style miles above his flat ground steeze, but he always wins so whatre you gonna do. I loved it when Morgan Smith, a nobody at the time came in and SKUNKED him for the championship berrics

Justin Brock has a part in a NC video called Carolina Love,
right before he blew up (It's Still his Best PART IMO). If most of you saw it, youd be surprised, dude skated completely different spots back then, going balls to the wall, i grew up skating in NC with him and i thought for sure he'd become the next Cole or Reynolds (he's gettin there though, just seems like hes goin the old man tranny route moreso laltely/ CHeck out Brock in 2005 how hard this motherfucker goes to two perfect pixies songs..
 james tupper who made this video.the editing is the best ive seen in a skate video, and it's local...(like pyramid country doesnt have shit (in terms of creativity and music selection originality/ (along with picking some weird indie electro like pyramid, he ALSO uses a plethora of old unheard of bands, unsigned bands, Tasteful classic rock. If any respectable skate business needed one of the most creative editors, leagues ahead of what i see in mainstream skating, that's the dude youll think of after watching th vid

BTW TRAPASSO"S PREVENT this TRAGEDY was his best part, it equates to the perfection of my no.1 pick jerrys BOS/ Incredible music selection that would only work with his skating, and some of the best variety and style ona board/ might be his last really good part.

Anybody leaving out marc and cory's pretty sweet are fucking fruit salads also
[close]
I agree with everything in this post (godamn what the fuck happened to Daniel Espinoza? He murked shit in that bangin)  except for the Justin Brock part, his Carolina Love is killer but his best part is his Southern Comfort part. It is definitely a fucking classic for me.

my bad carolina love was released in 2004-05ish bc i remember both parts coming out in same year. the editing in carolina love has a really good flow and style to it, especially from that time period

WHoever said Espinoza has gone to shit is trash. He was just a ripper and you can tell he does other shit now than skating due to lack of progression, but he almost has every trick anyway. His Cliche part is a fucking great watch, but i wont lie that it kinda let me down, Kevin Bradley and Flo had some insanely amazing parts.

ALSO: KURT WINTER"S DIGITAL PART, jesus christ, that was over 7 years ago and he was sw back 360ing giant long ass sets, crazy style and bag of tricks. cheesy spoon song though

One of the best nollie flips down that giant brick manny pad gap, this dude shouldve kept at it, this part is just as good as some of the best today

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:11:36 PM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

billyerlife

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »
Damn, it is PJ. It's a bit sad because the contenders, Marc Johnson, Mark Gonzales, Carroll, Howard, et al. are people who've made a shitload of awesome parts and contributed to skateboarding in a major way, whereas PJ has never done anything even remotely as good in his whole career. Really Sorry was good skating, but in comparison it was pretty much lame. But yeah, best single part out of all other context, I think that might be it.

ShpotaSb

• Rep: -28
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2014, 02:53:03 AM »
PJ will top his WHL part with Plan B part. I think that most of the best parts from pro's careers are made when they hit 30. Marc Johnson Fully Flared, Daewon Song in Skate More, Reynolds from Stay Gold, Rodney Globe, Danny Way DC etc. Pj just turned 30, so many years to progress, didn't had a part for a decade, his plan b part got to be mindblowing.  This is the year when it'll come out I hope, I mean they can't delayed it anymore, it's ridiculous, not even fully flared was delayed this much. I strongly believe that it will be released this year, it's confirmed that they already filmed tons of footy, so.......
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:58:48 AM by ShpotaSb »

needlejuice

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2014, 05:05:23 AM »
PJ will top his WHL part with Plan B part. I think that most of the best parts from pro's careers are made when they hit 30. Marc Johnson Fully Flared, Daewon Song in Skate More, Reynolds from Stay Gold, Rodney Globe, Danny Way DC etc. Pj just turned 30, so many years to progress, didn't had a part for a decade, his plan b part got to be mindblowing.  This is the year when it'll come out I hope, I mean they can't delayed it anymore, it's ridiculous, not even fully flared was delayed this much. I strongly believe that it will be released this year, it's confirmed that they already filmed tons of footy, so.......

I'm not so sure about that, a lot of skaters have fell off their peak, or never made better parts right around 20-25 ie wenning, trapasso, spanky, and a million more. i think it's more of a rare thing to see older dudes sticking around, making parts that are better than their old ones. Hawk, Hsu, Guy, Koston, Reynolds...

those dudes are a breed of their own, Where there are so many insane am parts that blow your fucking mind over the years, and then you never hear of the dude again because most normal people cant consistently commit their entire lives to anything in the long run
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:18:33 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

needlejuice

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2014, 05:08:04 AM »
PJ has the best bangin' ever filmed at the berrics.

Carlos Ribeiro, Espinoza, Luan, Torey, taylor mcclung

to each his own...

i agree his whl part was better than any "bangin" tho
try to remember, forget

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
i agree his whl part was better than any "bangin" tho

That goes without saying. If there was ever a question in your head as to whether a bangin' was better than PJ's WHL part then clearly something's not right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:59:49 PM by Exposure »
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2014, 12:54:11 PM »
Anyone who says WHL isn't some of the most insane skateboarding must not even skate. People were NOT doing that kind of skating back then, that part is extremely technical  while hauling ass and being able to do anything he wanted. Every single trick seemed just as hard as olling up a curb, and it was a huge slap in the face to skateboarding in general.

Anti-Hetro

• Rep: -49
  • I used to rape guys like you in prison!
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »

I watched KIDS again yesterday and every time Billy came on screen I LOLed.
"I don't know no kid with AIDS"

needlejuice

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
i guess the verdict is pjwhl and jerry's bag of suck.

wow, this is one of the only forums of people where popular opinion doesnt suck.

i think antwuan deserves to be num 3`
try to remember, forget

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2014, 09:51:49 AM »
kurt winter part

what the fuck! thanks for posting this.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2014, 10:14:47 AM »
part that I enjoyed the most is Kenny Reed in 7-year glitch. Music is great, editing is tight, there's nothing too earth-shattering going on, it's just a quintessential skate video part from a particular era.

needlejuice

« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2014, 04:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
kurt winter part
[close]

yeah bro it always stood out to me even tho ive never even heard of the dude prior to that

TOP 4 AUSSY SKATERS....
nugget
kurt winter
dennis durrant
nick boserio
try to remember, forget

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
kurt winter part
[close]

[close]

yeah bro it always stood out to me even tho ive never even heard of the dude prior to that

TOP 4 AUSSY SKATERS....
nugget
kurt winter
dennis durrant
nick boserio

Burman?

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
I'm glad someone posted that AVE-The DC video part. That is definitely his best part. Although his mindfield and his photo parts are both extremely good, in my opinion AVE is at his best when he's going 400mph and holding grinds/slides for miles. There wasn't too much of that in his photo or mindfield parts.

My list:

Ricky-EE3
Danny Garcia-Mosaic
AVE-DC video
PJ-WHL
Busenitz-Seeing Double

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »
jeremy klein in rubbish heap

Hardlyart

• Rep: -7
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
Jamie Thomas in Welcome To Hell, or Markovich in Union Wheels, Right To Skate.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2014, 10:55:36 AM »
Anyone who says WHL isn't some of the most insane skateboarding must not even skate. People were NOT doing that kind of skating back then, that part is extremely technical  while hauling ass and being able to do anything he wanted. Every single trick seemed just as hard as olling up a curb, and it was a huge slap in the face to skateboarding in general.
Based on what you are saying right here, I'll take it you started skating in about 2005 or so...
PJ's tech skating was on top of the game at the time, but it didn't put others to shame or give them "a slap in the face." If you want to see guys skating fast and doing tech tricks nobody else was doing, while simultaneously bringing it to a new level from that time, watch photosynthesis- AVE, Wenning, Kalis- those dudes were all doing super tech shit at top speeds, and they were locking into grinds for longer periods of time
What made the PJ part so epic was that he was virtually unknown at the time and was coming up with a pro quality part, not that it blew everybody out of the water. This wasn't like Duffy in questionable (which was both an unknown kid, and something that made other "pros" look like pussies). Speaking of which, why the fuck isn't this part in this thread?

This video came out a year after video days... THAT is a fucking leap.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
Based on what you are saying right here, I'll take it you started skating in about 2005 or so...
PJ's tech skating was on top of the game at the time, but it didn't put others to shame or give them "a slap in the face." If you want to see guys skating fast and doing tech tricks nobody else was doing, while simultaneously bringing it to a new level from that time, watch photosynthesis- AVE, Wenning, Kalis- those dudes were all doing super tech shit at top speeds, and they were locking into grinds for longer periods of time
What made the PJ part so epic was that he was virtually unknown at the time and was coming up with a pro quality part, not that it blew everybody out of the water. This wasn't like Duffy in questionable (which was both an unknown kid, and something that made other "pros" look like pussies). Speaking of which, why the fuck isn't this part in this thread?

[/quote]
i'll give you AVE and kalis but wenning is not the picture of 'top speed' in my mind.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
Yeah man, 30 foot long perfectly balanced backside nosegrinds and switch tricks down the LOVE gap can be done at a snail's pace...
He skated with a sort of slow motion style, but those wheels were rolling fast the whole time. Remember, I'm talking photosynthesis era Wenning, not today Wenning.

Anti-Hetro

• Rep: -49
  • I used to rape guys like you in prison!
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
Yeah man, 30 foot long perfectly balanced backside nosegrinds and switch tricks down the LOVE gap can be done at a snail's pace...
He skated with a sort of slow motion style, but those wheels were rolling fast the whole time. Remember, I'm talking photosynthesis era Wenning, not today Wenning.
you's a cunt

gripittoripit

• Rep: -36
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2014, 05:56:34 PM »
My part  ;D

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2560
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »
PJ's part(s) did have a lot of NBD's done properly and at speed, more than most parts* during that period. Factor in the solid tech tricks over stairs and gaps and the overall amount of footage and I'd reckon it's fair to say that he made the majority of pros look bad.

* I remember a short thing about Tim and Henry's Pack Of Lies in TWS around 2000 which said that it had the most NBD's during the early 90's. I sort of feel like PJ's was the Tim and Henry's of its era...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:47:08 AM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:18 AM »
it's fair to say that he made the majority of pros look bad.
This is just a stupid statement in general.  Its about as overly-simplistic of an argument as somebody can make, because it has no qualifiers. Did pros do amazing tricks that PJ didn't? Absolutely, PJ doesn't do one flip trick onto one rail in that video part, and at the time Appleyard was kickflip backtail bigspinning handrails, and Scott Kane and Eric Koston were kickflipping and 360 flipping into noseblunts down rails. If you want to say Bastien Kickflip frontboarding a 16 rail in Sorry or Boulala jumping down 26 stairs seemed lazy compared to PJ, go ahead, but I stand by my point- if you think that he made anybody look bad, or feel like they had to step their game up, you are fucking stupid. He kind of brought back tech skating, which was dying at the time, but people weren't looking at their copies of Sorry! and Yeah Right! and thinking "now that I saw PJ, this video is bad." NOBODY said that, making your very stupid point wrong.
It was shocking because the part was actually amazing, but what was surprising was that he was a nobody kid making a pro level part for a shop video. It wasn't because nobody had ever seen such amazing skating. Now stop talking dumb in an effort to create more of a legend around that part.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this was a fucking game changer, backing this more than any other part

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2560
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:18 AM »
Expand Quote
it's fair to say that he made the majority of pros look bad.
[close]
This is just a stupid statement in general.� Its about as overly-simplistic of an argument as somebody can make, because it has no qualifiers. Did pros do amazing tricks that PJ didn't? Absolutely, PJ doesn't do one flip trick onto one rail in that video part, and at the time Appleyard was kickflip backtail bigspinning handrails, and Scott Kane and Eric Koston were kickflipping and 360 flipping into noseblunts down rails. If you want to say Bastien Kickflip frontboarding a 16 rail in Sorry or Boulala jumping down 26 stairs seemed lazy compared to PJ, go ahead, but I stand by my point- if you think that he made anybody look bad, or feel like they had to step their game up, you are fucking stupid. He kind of brought back tech skating, which was dying at the time, but people weren't looking at their copies of Sorry! and Yeah Right! and thinking "now that I saw PJ, this video is bad." NOBODY said that, making your very stupid point wrong.
It was shocking because the part was actually amazing, but what was surprising was that he was a nobody kid making a pro level part for a shop video. It wasn't because nobody had ever seen such amazing skating. Now stop talking dumb in an effort to create more of a legend around that part.

Ah, classic Gip. I was kinda worried for a sec.

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sheffledge

• Rep: -109
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2014, 07:22:53 PM »

these dudes are the reason that you skate like you do

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »
BA- Yeah Right
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...