Author Topic: Polished Granite Slabs for diy located in Upstate NY (2hrs north of albany)  (Read 6640 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Polished Granite Slabs for diy located in Upstate NY (2hrs north of albany)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
i got 30 bux on one. how far can u make it down 89? u skate @ Talent??

s_Tits if u wants to paypal me money for a piece or three or w/e for ur DIY i'd gladly drive them down to Mass in the spring/whenever.

coneklr

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »
Rusty where are you?  For some reason I was thinking South NY but now I'm thinking NH.  You tell me when you want to meet and I'll tell you how far I can make it.  I'm always down for a trip, but my time is limited at the moment.  Just skated Talent today!  Posted a couple clips I took of my friend in the old mans thread or on insta @mycrappypics

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
i'm right near West Lebanon actually? u kno where that is? Whaleback mountain isn't far if you snowboard it's got good prices and a bar and i'm down to take some runs up the lift wit ya if ur up 2 it. 

shark tits

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »
honestly i was picturing them all to be like the spoken for ones. those shorter ones look like what we get from the granite dumpster. i've got a gang of 3-4 foot chunks already.

coneklr

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
Damn!  I haven't been on the mountain in the past 3 years I think now.  Tempted a little.  That place looked cool the few times I drove by it.  Just not sure how my back will handle snowboarding.  But if you want to do Montpelier any weekend day, I could swing it.  Weekdays would be tough but maybe.  And pretty much you're getting it free since I'm coming from Plattsburgh and have to pay $20 for the ferry ;)  It's cool though.  Just let me know when.  I'll even bring you a Heady Topper if you drink

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 08:38:19 PM »
Damn!  I haven't been on the mountain in the past 3 years I think now.  Tempted a little.  That place looked cool the few times I drove by it.  Just not sure how my back will handle snowboarding.  But if you want to do Montpelier any weekend day, I could swing it.  Weekdays would be tough but maybe.  And pretty much you're getting it free since I'm coming from Plattsburgh and have to pay $20 for the ferry ;)  It's cool though.  Just let me know when.  I'll even bring you a Heady Topper if you drink
u near Littleton by any chance? Ever hit up their park? I'm trying to be there Thursday night. It's free and helmets aren't required. No Talent from what I can tell though...

coneklr

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
honestly i was picturing them all to be like the spoken for ones. those shorter ones look like what we get from the granite dumpster. i've got a gang of 3-4 foot chunks already.

I know man, I wish there were more.  1 of the long ones has a crack that we have to work with, so I wouldn't want to sell that to someone and there is no way my friends would let me get rid of the good one, so I also grabbed those other two because they were in pretty good shape and a decent size for a small ledge.  I also wanted something that both sides were able to be ground and a lot of them only had one good side.  There are 2 amazing pieces still there, but just too big for anything I have to move them.  They're about 1-2' longer and almost twice as wide as the long pieces in the pic.  I just had no way to take them, then the larger two here would of been up for grabs but like I said one of those isn't even perfect.

Side note ... They do have a bunch of about 4" wide strips that are really long ( 10-12' probably ).  so you could build a ledge capped with concrete and just edge it with the granite.  We're still contemplating that in addition to this stuff.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, 08:43:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
u near Littleton by any chance? Ever hit up their park? I'm trying to be there Thursday night. It's free and helmets aren't required. No Talent from what I can tell though...
It's a night time sesh on Thursdays. Pretty cool for a free indoor park.

coneklr

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »

Nah, never heard of it.  I just did a search for it and if I'm looking at the right one that little mini looks fun.  If you're down for a trip and it looks over mid 30's come up to Plattsburgh one weekend day.  We can hit the ramp in the garage and grab something to eat.  Also the granite is just going to sit in my friends garage so there is no hurry either.  It will be there.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, never heard of it.  I just did a search for it and if I'm looking at the right one that little mini looks fun.  If you're down for a trip and it looks over mid 30's come up to Plattsburgh one weekend day.  We can hit the ramp in the garage and grab something to eat.  Also the granite is just going to sit in my friends garage so there is no hurry either.  It will be there.
Yeah it's called "The Factory"? It's not 2 far from Saint J. I suck at skating mini ramps but they got some stairs/loading dock and a buncha other stuff I don't mind.

shark tits

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 09:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know man, I wish there were more.  1 of the long ones has a crack that we have to work with, so I wouldn't want to sell that to someone and there is no way my friends would let me get rid of the good one, so I also grabbed those other two because they were in pretty good shape and a decent size for a small ledge.  I also wanted something that both sides were able to be ground and a lot of them only had one good side.  There are 2 amazing pieces still there, but just too big for anything I have to move them.  They're about 1-2' longer and almost twice as wide as the long pieces in the pic.  I just had no way to take them, then the larger two here would of been up for grabs but like I said one of those isn't even perfect.

Side note ... They do have a bunch of about 4" wide strips that are really long ( 10-12' probably ).  so you could build a ledge capped with concrete and just edge it with the granite.  We're still contemplating that in addition to this stuff.
yeah, the big pieces sound like a dream but w/ what we can scrounge here or maybe a small investment we can prolly do a long 'flatbar-esque' strip of granite on top of something. or maybe a little thicker, cinderblock wide. i've got a bunch of vaguely mismatched chunks and we can prolly raid as needed. your ideas sound awesome, hope they come out great.