Author Topic: why is life so pointless  (Read 9676 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: why is life so pointless
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you need to have children to create meaning in your life, please do yourself and them a favour and don't have children.
[close]

you've got it all wrong. kids don't give your life meaning, nothing can do that. kids help you realize that meaning in life isn't important. there's no 5 year old walking around contemplating silly things like the meaning of life because they are too busy enjoying life to care.

[close]

I think you misread or misinterpreted what Chris Hansen is saying. You're answering him as if he himself thinks that having children will give your life meaning when in reality he was talking about other people who think that, because there are tons of people who somehow find some kind of newly invented "purpose" in their lives after they've been lost for awhile and ended up having a kid. Seen it happen too many times.

i didn't misread it and my response would also apply to your answer too. i was pointing out that maybe people just stop caring about these things after having kids. i know i did. and honestly, if there are people out there who feel that dedicating their lives to raising kids gives them meaning and purpose when before they didn't have any, who cares. if you've ever been to a funeral and heard the kids talk about their deceased parent, it's pretty clear that about the only thing you do that has a lasting, powerful impact in life is having kids. but that still doesn't mean it's meaningful.

but i'd love to know what guys like you and hansen who feel that people who do feel kids give their lives meaning are pathetic feel is the path to a meaningful life? is it having obscure taste in music, being well read on philosophy, doing art and having cool hobbies? i just don't get how what you do or how you think is meaningful to anyone but you.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2014, 05:34:47 AM »
Try helping somebody else out...you'll realize life isn't as pointless as you thought.
Ughhhhh helping people is so much work tho and interrupts me tryna chill.

SqueezeThePulp

• Rep: 11
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Try helping somebody else out...you'll realize life isn't as pointless as you thought.
[close]
yeah trueee

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3335
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I get that completely. I'm hoping that at some point in my life I'll actually WANT to help others out...for now I kind of grudgingly do it and then I'm like, yay.

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2014, 10:54:46 AM »
i need help squeezing in these jordache jeans

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2014, 11:17:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you need to have children to create meaning in your life, please do yourself and them a favour and don't have children.
[close]

you've got it all wrong. kids don't give your life meaning, nothing can do that. kids help you realize that meaning in life isn't important. there's no 5 year old walking around contemplating silly things like the meaning of life because they are too busy enjoying life to care.

[close]

I think you misread or misinterpreted what Chris Hansen is saying. You're answering him as if he himself thinks that having children will give your life meaning when in reality he was talking about other people who think that, because there are tons of people who somehow find some kind of newly invented "purpose" in their lives after they've been lost for awhile and ended up having a kid. Seen it happen too many times.
[close]

i didn't misread it and my response would also apply to your answer too. i was pointing out that maybe people just stop caring about these things after having kids. i know i did. and honestly, if there are people out there who feel that dedicating their lives to raising kids gives them meaning and purpose when before they didn't have any, who cares. if you've ever been to a funeral and heard the kids talk about their deceased parent, it's pretty clear that about the only thing you do that has a lasting, powerful impact in life is having kids. but that still doesn't mean it's meaningful.

but i'd love to know what guys like you and hansen who feel that people who do feel kids give their lives meaning are pathetic feel is the path to a meaningful life? is it having obscure taste in music, being well read on philosophy, doing art and having cool hobbies? i just don't get how what you do or how you think is meaningful to anyone but you.

I believe the notion of a "meaningful life" is an oxymoron since technically there is no meaning or purpose to life but to exist and reproduce, speaking from a biological standpoint.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2014, 12:00:23 PM »
so then we agree. from there you could make some arguments in the freudian direction around the point of life but i choose not too. but that still wouldn't address having a meaningful life.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2014, 12:04:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »
Expand Quote
We are highly evolved animals who haven't escaped the eat-fuck-die cycle that all animals have, but somehow wonder why we exist. You exist because mom and dad got horny, and they are a product of the same type of scenario.
[close]

people reducing the world to this makes me sad. If we're talking base behavior i guess what you're saying has credence but come on now I'm pretty sure we can all agree there is more going on here than "eat-fuck-die"

I constantly feel like one part of myself is the innate "eat-fuck-die" part and another is what I use to create thoughts/music/skate trix. On the macro-level nothing is black and white I guess, but I suppose I would agree that biologically/in our subconscious we are all on the "eat-fuc-die" program.

the paragraph in gippers post after the one I quoted is definitely some wisdom.
eat-fuck-die explains why we are here, and honestly, its not even the purpose to life. You don't have to eat or fuck, but we got here because of that. Everything else is up to you. If you get meaning through music/skating/whatever that's because you decided that shit is meaningful. It isn't universally meaningful. Nothing really is. Again, its up to you.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Shredsledder

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
I think we are in concurrence.

I feel like OP was trolling but some cool things were discussed in this thread.

GOOD BLOKE

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:53 PM »
op was definitely trolling but thread has turned thread

Mr.Gear

• Rep: 0
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »
I would hate if I were unable to grasp the absurdly amazing reality and privilege that is consciousness

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »
life is beautiful

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2014, 12:18:58 AM »
The answer is exceedingly simple. Purpose in life is whatever you decide it is. If you don't like existence, kill yourself. To be honest, I don't like being alive, but I'm glad for the experience. It's amazing to be a piece of the universe experiencing itself. I've had enough of it now though. Once I get over my natural instinct for self-preservation and fear of death, I'm outta here. I just gotta get my hands on some supplies to make my exit bag. The government won't let me have a gun.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2014, 01:49:27 AM »
I would hate if I were unable to grasp the absurdly amazing reality and privilege that is consciousness
Sucks to be yall than. I don't feel bad for not having one. You don't like what I'm doing? Fuck you.

Mr.Gear

• Rep: 0
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2014, 04:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sucks to be yall than. I don't feel bad for not having one. You don't like what I'm doing? Fuck you.

You ARE conscious...you HAVE a conscience. Different feels bro.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:09:19 AM by Mr.Gear »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You ARE conscious...you HAVE a conscience. Different feels bro.
not concious of a lotta shit though. u don't have a conciousness cuz you got knocked the fuck out!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2014, 05:57:39 AM »
you are the worst

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2014, 07:42:50 AM »
you are the worst

cry about it den.

do you understand?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
i need help squeezing in these jordache jeans

I am in awe of your genius...now I'll go grab the crisco.

Anti-Hetro

• Rep: -49
  • I used to rape guys like you in prison!
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
Why did life and other biological organisms come to form on this planet? Nothing matters at all, why do people try so hard at life, is it because our genes make us? Are there really people out there who don't want to kill themselves everday at least once or twice when they realize how stupid life is?
kill yourself lol

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
Expand Quote
you are the worst
[close]

cry about it den.

do you understand?

you're proving my case. your the worst kind of shit poster, not entertaining on any level.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2014, 03:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Why did life and other biological organisms come to form on this planet? Nothing matters at all, why do people try so hard at life, is it because our genes make us? Are there really people out there who don't want to kill themselves everday at least once or twice when they realize how stupid life is?
[close]
kill yourself lol
Hahahahhaahahha! hilarious another comedic master piece by Hetro, please round of applause everybody

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I get that completely. I'm hoping that at some point in my life I'll actually WANT to help others out...for now I kind of grudgingly do it and then I'm like, yay.

the thing with helping others is that it will not improve your personal quality of life. If you want a good life, you have to be a complete asshole towards others (within the system of capitalism; an other concept is the idea of 'karma').
Nonetheless, a wise man lives for something instead of dying for somethiing...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:01:11 PM by _UniversalTruth_ »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
If you want a good life, you have to be a complete asshole towards others (within the system of capitalism;
i got money 2 throw around, what u need it 4?

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2014, 04:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote
If you want a good life, you have to be a complete asshole towards others (within the system of capitalism;
[close]
b e e r
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2014, 03:21:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
b e e r
Apparently I'm a little late to get aorund to reading this. That money is gone. Feel free to ask me for money in a few weeks if u still need a few drinks.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2014, 08:33:33 AM »
whys life pointless  eh?   this is what i heard....  In life one should not stare at the river\(for too long), for if one does he will see dead bodies.  so what does that mean? just keep it moving and you'll be good, rose colored glasses!! ( but hey if you wanna just wallow for a while i do not blame you lol)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:37:13 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

the thing with helping others is that it will not improve your personal quality of life. If you want a good life, you have to be a complete asshole towards others (within the system of capitalism; an other concept is the idea of 'karma').
Nonetheless, a wise man lives for something instead of dying for somethiing...

Welcome to the thread, Berra.