Author Topic: Addidas  (Read 7434 times)

log

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • sukkot
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Addidas
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »
michael moore never did a documentary about hating nike...and adbusters never did an article about adidas....so why should we?
he met with the owner of nike and asked him to visit a sweatshop in "The Corporation"
hamster, you chewed on the peice of wood i gave you, you soiled the litter i put on the bottom of your cage and you drank all the water i put in your bottle...this is why we cant have nice things!

fuckingvegan

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
i seriously didnt know nestor was 19, that news is ground breaking.
[close]

addidas is not that rad as far as how they run there company and some of the employees they hire are pretty suspect. except for jesse bracewell but i think there laying him off, good move addidas! jesse has helped addidas in so many ways, he helped put them back on the map, and then they lay him off right before the holidays. at least nike was never a nazi racist company.

Do tell about the Nazi stuff, I knew about Ford, IBM and Volkswagon never heard it about Adidas.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2006, 01:02:38 PM »
Expand Quote
michael moore never did a documentary about hating nike...and adbusters never did an article about adidas....so why should we?
[close]
he met with the owner of nike and asked him to visit a sweatshop in "The Corporation"

Phil Knight made himself look bad in that movie not Micheal Moore.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

addidas is not that rad as far as how they run there company and some of the employees they hire are pretty suspect. except for jesse bracewell but i think there laying him off, good move addidas! jesse has helped addidas in so many ways, he helped put them back on the map, and then they lay him off right before the holidays. at least nike was never a nazi racist company.
[close]

Do tell about the Nazi stuff, I knew about Ford, IBM and Volkswagon never heard it about Adidas.

ahh vegan, im about to leave for some christmas eve excitement but ikll try and answer this as good as possible for a fellow oregonian, in very little time.

when beach use to ride for the three stripes i had a chance to go in to addidas germany and check out the whole place, we ended up watching a long history vid about the company dating back to the forties when they made boots for the nazi army, they also showed a part were  some head dude gives a tour of the building back in the 80's and he clearly states that they had just started hiring people of different ethnic race, some of the shit in the video was pretty shoking,

im sure none of that is how addidas works now, im just bummed on there descion to lay off mr. bracewell, he was the guy that started to hook up people like pete eldridge amongst others, i dont have any anomosity towards addidas but im more down with kevin and hunter over at nike, those guys do alot for skateboarding, sorry for all the run ons and like i said, im not trying to target or hate on addidas, alot of the guys that work there have done a great deal for me, there history video was just a little shocking.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:20:22 PM by plastic bench nerd »

Lakai or die

• Rep: -1
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2006, 01:41:35 PM »
adidas

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »

coreyquinn

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2006, 03:38:32 PM »
does anyone have any pics of the new stuff coming out?

bert

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »
you can see a pic of the busenitz pro model here: http://www.h-kasparek.com/?p=345

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »
benny wtf, he's been on eS for the past like 3 years ...
I dont see how this suprises you, isnt he pro for stereo? yet he wasnt even on es fully, makes sense to leave

isaac

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2006, 04:21:41 PM »
he's not pro for Stereo, still am. hope things work out at Adidas, they have some good flks working for them in the skate department.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »
there is some question over the issue, from what i remember the brothers factory was forced by the nazis to make boots for the army. i do think its more than a little irresponsable making rash and ignorant statements about such as serious subject without looking further in to it. i mean, 'a nazi racist company'? might want to chill with that until you know some facts, eh?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 05:47:11 PM by monster network »

Dlx

• niggaz niggaz niggaz
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2006, 05:51:34 PM »
What does it matter? it was back in the day the thread Addidas ws meant to talk about there new skateboard team...there not training O'Connor Businetz, and the Gonz to be Nazi......
(the swaztikah lookin sticker on gonzes board in that one clip was the OG PEACE SIGN its diffrent so you dont have to bug out about it)

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
didnt you look at the fact that i said i have no anomosity towards adidas so why would i say there a nazi company, im just going by what i saw in a video and yes they said that the brothers made boots (before the formed company) for the german army, they werent forced to but i dont think they really knew much about hitlers plans for genocide and his nazi regime just like alot of germans all over europe didnt have all the info on what was going down. my point was to answer vegans question and that it was just kind of a suspect video, but im not stamping adidas as some nazi company. for christ sakes i also said that they helped me out alot, chill out i didnt accuse them i just stated an opnion.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2006, 06:09:41 PM »
plus you take things so serious it was a fucking joke! yeah and i believe every american is a yank, i was wearing addidas for awhile and decided to start wearing nikes, jesse and dave that work there that are good freinds of mine picked fun jokes at me when i was wearing nikes, like, "nice moon boots" and i wpuld call them a bunch of nazis as a joke obviously, sorry if people took that so seriously.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »
i guess you got to watch what you say sorry about coming off as labeling the company a nasty word.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2006, 07:37:11 PM »
don't be

GAMBLE=TRASH

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2006, 09:58:56 PM »
don't be

GAMBLE=TRASH

yeah its not the point i was trying to get across, adidas is a good company. and i said some negative shit, this is not the place to screw around and call them nazi's its more like the soup nazi on that sienfeld episode "no soup for you!) i forgot to mention that benny's nollie heel the santa monica triple set is something i dont think anyone else could do. that thing never even probablly got nollied before, that set is far as shit when it comes to lenght.

hamboner

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2006, 06:55:40 PM »
barley was wearing adidas in get familiar, any word on him riding for them
because the motherfuck I can

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2006, 09:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i assume you say that on account of oregon.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

leeroy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 01:50:06 AM »
barley was wearing adidas in get familiar, any word on him riding for them

zoo shoes. wicked.
"The Night Of The Vampire"

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2006, 01:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i assume you say that on account of oregon.

not really, both nike and addias main skate operations are here and i know audidossler is not a racist and neither is his company(addidas).there just job nazis for laying off mr. bracewell im obviously kidding, but it dose suck to be layed off, specially when your doing a such a good job, and jesse has his head on sraight, he good man!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 02:50:04 PM by plastic bench nerd »

TotallyAwesome

• Rep: -6
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2006, 07:58:01 AM »
the whole adidas thing is crazy.  they got a lot of guys on flow who keep hearing the words "we'll get back to you when we have our budget set"...fuck that noize.

mr wilson

• Rep: 2
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2006, 08:15:42 AM »
the whole adidas thing is crazy.  they got a lot of guys on flow who keep hearing the words "we'll get back to you when we have our budget set"...fuck that noize.

With the skill level of top ams nearing or even better than some pros these days, I wouldn't be surprised. Flow dudes should be hyped to get free shoes though.
"One should seek balance in motion, not in stillness." - Bruce Lee

JunglePOP

• Rep: 29
  • Art Hellemen where are you?
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2006, 10:53:19 AM »
Ive never skated adidas before but the team looks good.  I dont know if theyre gonna have as much success as nike though.
Sorry, sometimes I get overly defensive on that point.

swamp ass

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2006, 11:02:47 AM »
Expand Quote
don't be

GAMBLE=TRASH
[close]

yeah its not the point i was trying to get across, adidas is a good company. and i said some negative shit, this is not the place to screw around and call them nazi's its more like the soup nazi on that sienfeld episode "no soup for you!) i forgot to mention that benny's nollie heel the santa monica triple set is something i dont think anyone else could do. that thing never even probablly got nollied before, that set is far as shit when it comes to lenght.

Now you are backpedaling.  Man up- you made the German = Nazi reference out of ignorance and got called out.  Falling back on a Seinfeld reference is a weak deflection.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 748
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »
I heard the same line a few years ago when i was getting shoes from adidas "We are waiting to see what our budget looks like for next year". I met Jesse a month or 2 ago when all the flow dudes came to so-cal, he was super cool and ripped. Masse told me he did product testing for those dudes and i thought That has to be a fucking sick ass job, testing adidas! Sucks he got let go.

SR Junky

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2006, 12:49:04 PM »
I saw Jesse at #rd and Army awhile back and he took a photo of my friends shirt because ezekial was ripping off the adidas logo, he seemed like he cared about the company.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
don't be

GAMBLE=TRASH
[close]

[close]

Now you are backpedaling.  Man up- you made the German = Nazi reference out of ignorance and got called out.  Falling back on a Seinfeld reference is a weak deflection.

sorry swamp ass,, those fuckers are nazis! i bet the three stripes is like a reference to the third reich, i bet hitler is still alive and secretly runing the company.

and once again obviously addidas is not a racist nazi regime, its just a fucking shoe company for christ sakes! who cares about your detective work on my posts swamp butt. its pointless

kuark

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »
it's adidas.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2006, 04:16:52 PM »
it's adidas.

i know, i always fuck that up.