Author Topic: Anyway to remake z-roller trucks????  (Read 14994 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Anyway to remake z-roller trucks????
« on: February 12, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
i have some metal working experience and recently made rails for my skateboards. i'm trying to think there's a way to make a device that would go onto the hangar to simulate what the z-flex "z-roller" trucks would do without having to use gigantic wheels. i'm guessing it can't be done, but does anyone know? or, as a second guess anyone have any z-roller trucks/hangers that they'd kick me down?

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Anyway to remake z-roller trucks????
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
you could maybe even make the roller treaded rubber and put tiny precision bearings in it (which you should do no matter what its made of) and it wouldn't mess up ledges. the tread would maybe even let u roll over skate stoppers.

dillanharp

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 11:43:07 PM »
When you figure it out, be sure to let us know.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »
i done figured it out?. u need to measure ur truck and get the right sized L brackets that aren't going 2 be taller than your wheel, then threaded rod/carriage bolt/etc, fasteners/nuts, tube to go over the threaded rod, and some mounting hardware. then go and grind anything without wax. here's the boardslide version (i want/wanted metal tubes but home depot didn't have em cut to my specifics):

dillanharp

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
I don't know if you're insane or a genius...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:40:22 AM »
Seems to work. I want better parts like precision bearings in the tubes. This'll do for now.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »
THere's another picture in the stoked on thread with em bolted on above some metal reinforcers/rails. I'm looking for a urethane supplier so we can bonk it off skate stoppers if anyone knows I'm down and will start a kickstarter so we can all have this.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 11:03:13 PM »
I think a mannie wheel would be sick....lie a roller you put on your tail so you could just lock into a wheelie....

It might hinder Ollie's though....

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »
I think a mannie wheel would be sick....lie a roller you put on your tail so you could just lock into a wheelie....

It might hinder Ollie's though....

Technically you could do a cut out in ur tail and drill holes for it? I say we make some sort of a crazy shifting manny pad though that moves like a pendulum. Perpetual motion ish.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
So they work good, even though the plastic nylon tubing catches on the threaded rod i'm still able to boardslide the griptape side of another board. Also came up with this mod for primo slides.  I'm planning on making a board that has both on it. will weight a ton.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:23:16 PM by Rusty_Berrings »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »
You are seriously one of the best, Rusty. Your cyberweb persona is a thing of beauty.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 08:04:33 PM »
You are seriously one of the best, Rusty. Your cyberweb persona is a thing of beauty.
ya know?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 12:55:26 PM »
by the way, shinners from this thing could be ruthless. maybe get some shinguards if u end up building one.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 07:37:48 AM »
Me and my friend were talking about how we thought this would function , we were thinkin it might work a little better with a shapelike this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_cnZUON7YJ0aDJZAsPyQ6ZreArSrHK6QtpstshhrYBpCtAQdw6A

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 03:02:20 AM »
I'm guessing they're not as nice as the z-flex though from the look of em?. doesn't look like it's not going to be short run so whatever i'll snatch a set up anyway and hope they don't break.

I wonder if they understand patents from the US are still valid in Canada though... Especially if you're selling them to Americans.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 03:25:48 AM »
Why don't you apply some of that engineering genius to fixing that cracked base plate person

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 03:40:54 AM »
Why don't you apply some of that engineering genius to fixing that cracked base plate person
it's still on the board son

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 03:45:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it's still on the board son
speaking of which, in another thread GAY mentioned that someone could maybe make a truck with a wheel in it where Tensor has the plastic slider to do long ass nose/tailslides. would maybe work for blunts on tranny too. Good looks GAY.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
i done figured it out?. u need to measure ur truck and get the right sized L brackets that aren't going 2 be taller than your wheel, then threaded rod/carriage bolt/etc, fasteners/nuts, tube to go over the threaded rod, and some mounting hardware. then go and grind anything without wax. here's the boardslide version (i want/wanted metal tubes but home depot didn't have em cut to my specifics):

So this works pretty good. It'll boardslide on the griptape side of another board even. Looking forward to getting better parts for it. Seems like you could do the same thing infront of the truck baseplate too.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »
The world needs to see this invention, the primo glider, and the baseplate roller
fuck you bama

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 03:37:36 PM »
The world needs to see this invention, the primo glider, and the baseplate roller
i got it working pretty good in my garage this morning. feels really cool not needing to use much speed to do a boardslide, some of the brackets bent though. will be trying again soon though.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
why am i not surprised you're skating an element?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
why am i not surprised you're skating an element?
i was skating em at the turn of the millenium...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
the primo roller mod appears to work great! i maybe need some washers between the board and the wheel (more wheels might also work).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »
Rusty....what about a board with a set of trucks on both sides so you could do half flips....or 1.5 flips...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 11:08:32 PM »
Rusty....what about a board with a set of trucks on both sides so you could do half flips....or 1.5 flips...
fuck dat. i'm not a weirdo.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 10:02:27 AM »
I think Simon Woodstock did that.

Tay

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 04:34:06 AM »
Attach a bunch of old bearings to your rails. You'll be the king of the trailer park.