Author Topic: Magenta Winter 2014  (Read 2964 times)

HATE!

Magenta Winter 2014
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:34:22 AM »

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Magenta Winter 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 08:37:52 AM »
TENGU BOARD.

Tony

• Rep: 7
    • Sleep Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »
love this series.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:59 AM »
Best series they've done in a while. The previous two have been rather lackluster.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 09:53:39 AM »
This is a beautiful series.

And the one off 'Painter' board is outstanding.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Best series they've done in a while. The previous two have been rather lackluster.
[close]

Interestingly enough the last two didn't have Soy's art on them.

My point exactly. His art is what sets them apart from everything else.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:07:38 AM »
wow, everythings amazing. im definitely gonna grab that galipienso one-off

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
These are all incredible, that Hovin Wang guest board in 8.4 will be mine.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »
ha diggin the carlos young guest board. for some reason i had a odd dream that danny fuenzalida was on magenta....
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »
TENGU BOARD.

This and guest artists really stand out to me, but everything is awesome.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
Every board is great. Can't wait to get that Leo trumpet graphic.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »
I don't understand why everyone on here has a hard on for this company, the whole vibe is just missing something, didn't like the shape of the boards when I saw em at the shop either.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

oofnik

• Rep: 4
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Backing Carlos heavy  ;D

andoruu

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 08:33:11 PM »
Beautiful series

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »
Backing Carlos heavy  ;D

I never seen this part before. Damn. I can't say I am a true fan of this dude but that part is so different from any other footage I have seen of him.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

colin

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »
Backing Carlos heavy  ;D

I don't know if a guest board counts or not, but did you see the comment below this video from four months ago:

DaCeLeRyMaN  4 months ago

Magenta should pick this guy and and turn him pro..

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 07:06:49 AM »
I don't understand why everyone on here has a hard on for this company, the whole vibe is just missing something, didn't like the shape of the boards when I saw em at the shop either.

Not sure I follow the 'missing vibe' bit. Did you even read the accompanying text? This series tells a story of how music relates to what they're doing through skateboarding and each instrument on the graphic represents what that particular rider brings to the team. If anything, it's a very well thought out concept and beautifully executed.

It's not meant to appeal to everyone I guess. Maybe something like Life Extension is more up your alley? And I have no earthly idea what you're talking about with regard to the shapes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:06:22 AM by heritage »

b.v.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 07:41:06 AM »
The great part about skating is that there is something out there for everyone. If you want to see mind numbing tech lines or death defying stunts, it's out there. Cheap blank decks or generic sport logo rip off series? Also easy to find. Funny how when something like magenta comes along people feel the need to complain about a small brand filling a niche that caters to the smallest demographic in skating and how it's not like everything else out there.
I don't like zero or plan b or dgk but they have there own market and I don't expect to like what they put out but I respect the skating. It's like complaining about music choices for video parts, personal preference. I may not like everything out there, but I'll find a small amount that I do.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:42:41 AM by b.v. »

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18:58 AM »
Painter graphic is clean!

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:55 AM »
The great part about skating is that there is something out there for everyone. If you want to see mind numbing tech lines or death defying stunts, it's out there. Cheap blank decks or generic sport logo rip off series? Also easy to find. Funny how when something like magenta comes along people feel the need to complain about a small brand filling a niche that caters to the smallest demographic in skating and how it's not like everything else out there.
I don't like zero or plan b or dgk but they have there own market and I don't expect to like what they put out but I respect the skating. It's like complaining about music choices for video parts, personal preference. I may not like everything out there, but I'll find a small amount that I do.

this.  if anything, everyone should be psyched on just how wide the spectrum of skating is these days. 

...and remember, and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, that just because you support one company, it doesn't mean that all the others are the enemies.  i.e. you may skate independent shaped decks, but that doesnt mean Girl/Choco (insert other large skater owned brand here) is the antithesis to your being a "true skateboarder"

hardly art, hardly starving

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »
if anything, everyone should be psyched on just how wide the spectrum of skating is these days. 

...and remember, and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, that just because you support one company, it doesn't mean that all the others are the enemies.  i.e. you may skate independent shaped decks, but that doesnt mean Girl/Choco (insert other large skater owned brand here) is the antithesis to your being a "true skateboarder"

Great post Art. 100% in lock step and couldn't agree more. As always.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »
I love what Magenta does for skateboarding, and I think they put out great content.  But for some reason I never find that the graphics quite click for me.  They represent the company well, and they're "good", but I never like them enough to buy one for myself. 

That said this set of one-offs is easily my favorite, and might be the series to change that.  Tengu board is great, as are the Hovin Wang board, and the Carlos Young guest joint. Carlos is sick on a board and great to watch.  might gotta support that.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 11:05:06 PM »
I love what Magenta does for skateboarding, and I think they put out great content.  But for some reason I never find that the graphics quite click for me.  They represent the company well, and they're "good", but I never like them enough to buy one for myself. 

That said this set of one-offs is easily my favorite, and might be the series to change that.  Tengu board is great, as are the Hovin Wang board, and the Carlos Young guest joint. Carlos is sick on a board and great to watch.  might gotta support that.

That's exactly what I mean, the graphics just don't "click" every series looks the same.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 11:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure I follow the 'missing vibe' bit. Did you even read the accompanying text? This series tells a story of how music relates to what they're doing through skateboarding and each instrument on the graphic represents what that particular rider brings to the team. If anything, it's a very well thought out concept and beautifully executed.

It's not meant to appeal to everyone I guess. Maybe something like Life Extension is more up your alley? And I have no earthly idea what you're talking about with regard to the shapes.

I'm not gonna lie, I like LE's team, not crazy about the art direction, had an LE board though, wasn't the best, wasn't the worst.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »
Nice enough but a bit of a Euro Girl/Choco type vibe. Good but a bit bland.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Chris

• Rep: -15
  • bouncin' checks
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »
i have never been a fan of magenta, and have gotten plenty of shit for it here on slap. the graphics are boring as hell, and every series looks the same to me. not into ollie and power slide videos either. i'm not "hating", it just isn't for me. cool they are doing their own thing, and i respect how they started as a small indy company, and have grown so big.