Author Topic: epically templetits  (Read 43672 times)

LambShank

Re: epically templetits
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm really hoping this will be on the level of the Cardiel episode (80+ minutes long, dvd release) and if it came out on dvd I'd definitely purchase it. It would be even sicker if it came with a little photobook or something but that's far fetched wishful thinking. It's been said before but this is shaping up to be legendary and I don't think they'll disappoint.

Hopefully he tells the story about meeting Deanna in the next one too, talk about a skateboarding power couple.
[close]

what?? I bought the first EL DVD's a few years back and of course the Cardiel episodes aren't on there.....
so they made other DVD's after that?

about Templeton: just straight dope. can't wait for the whole thing. Never knew about the Templeton/J Lee thing by the way.

I'm near positive that it came out around 2011 but I could be wrong. It may have been around the time it became a four part show on vice instead of the original one with 8-10 parts. I'll look it up right now though.

edit: The DVD was only given away at skateshops that carried his shoe back in 2008, sorry for the confusion. Just checked ebay and there isnt one for sale at the moment. There was an article that mentioned it on the vans website but for some reason I'm having trouble pasting the link.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:35:48 AM by LambShank »

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »
They were given away to Slap pals by Robin at Vans back in 08...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2014, 09:26:23 AM »
thanks for the info....that stuff really deserves to come out on DVD, hope they do it some day!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
ya it was p awesome really, she just sent the video to basically anyone that wanted it. and the flipbook is super cool. the only thing i've gotten from slap ands its one of my favorite skate things i own. ya blew it frenchie
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2014, 03:37:26 PM »
I think he just said it was the 1st *ad* with a 5050. I'm pretty sure the first actual photo was the one of Natas grinding the federal rail with copers  - that's definitely the first one I remember seeing. I'm not positive of the chronology there tho...

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »
Hopefully he tells the story about meeting Deanna in the next one too, talk about a skateboarding power couple.

Ed met Deanna through Mike Vallely. Deanna and Anne 'Vallely's wife' are/were friends.

LambShank

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ed met Deanna through Mike Vallely. Deanna and Anne 'Vallely's wife' are/were friends.

Isn't there a funny story behind it though? I saw an interview somewhere, maybe in Beautiful Losers, where they told some story about meeting in which Deanna was wearing some genie pants or something and she bought Ed a soda that his friend subsequently stole and chugged. It just stood out to me as a random, funny story that I hope they bring up.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
pretty epic....

i remember wearing out the new deal promo, useless wooden toys, and 1281 vhs tapes. it was kool to hear about the hb history and it was unkool to hear about what happen to paul schmitt (one of my first real pro boards was a Lucero). funny shit is that i remember living that era in the pico union area of los angeles so we were always a little behind the times since we would get hand-me-down mags and we would be hitting up kenter elementary(wheels on fire), venice high(streets on fire), and wilshire blvd (public domain). can't wait for more episodes, big ups to patrick o'dell.

in honor of ed's statutory rape:

The Smiths - Asleep

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Isn't there a funny story behind it though? I saw an interview somewhere, maybe in Beautiful Losers, where they told some story about meeting in which Deanna was wearing some genie pants or something and she bought Ed a soda that his friend subsequently stole and chugged. It just stood out to me as a random, funny story that I hope they bring up.

In Beautiful Losers, Deanna just explains it as she bought Ed a water and one of his teammates grabbed it out of his hand and drank the whole thing, and she thought he was cute so they went on a date. I hope she was wearing genie pants, that would make the story cooler

dougDfresh

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2014, 12:19:20 PM »
...more like

The Smiths - This night has opened my eyes

-perverted otaku, thematically i agree with you, however, ed said that "louder than bombs" was playing when he had  this experience with an "artsy" girl who changed his life. in other words, had this not happened, maybe ed would have not been so heavy on art and maybe his work would have not inspired generations of skateboarders who did their own pro-model art work. therefore, i think this track is perhaps a better fit.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
...more like

The Smiths - This night has opened my eyes

-perverted otaku, thematically i agree with you, however, ed said that "louder than bombs" was playing when he had  this experience with an "artsy" girl who changed his life. in other words, had this not happened, maybe ed would have not been so heavy on art and maybe his work would have not inspired generations of skateboarders who did their own pro-model art work. therefore, i think this track is perhaps a better fit.

Isn't that song about abortion?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
I think he just said it was the 1st *ad* with a 5050. I'm pretty sure the first actual photo was the one of Natas grinding the federal rail with copers  - that's definitely the first one I remember seeing. I'm not positive of the chronology there tho...
I'm pretty sure he specified ad, not photo. This also came out in '89, though I originally thought earlier:
Gonzo Goes to New York
Who knows which came out first...
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2014, 04:42:22 PM »
Was that GAY in the "Lurker" shirt?
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

dougDfresh

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »

Isn't that song about abortion?
[/quote]

i wouldn't say this song is about abortion, per se, more then it is about abandonment, loss of innocence, and loss of childhood. the song says the baby is born, "immerse the baby's head / wrap her up in the news of the world" and that the baby is given up, "dump her on a doorstep, girl." i thought the song was fitting since ed says he lost his childhood to a 20-something-year-old girl when he was 16. anyhow, that's just my take.

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
Re: Templetits part 2
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
Shaping up to be one of the best Epicly Later'ds I think. Probably because Ed Templeton is actually an interesting person unlike a lot of skaters. Early New Deal board graphics are sick!
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2014, 09:58:33 AM »
post that shit vice, I don't wanna have to see your cooler than thou militant radical feminist bullshit anymore than I have too! especially when there is no sweet templetits pay off!  >:(

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »
cooler than thou militant radical feminist bullshit

What the fuck are you talking about?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

vice! maybe could have replaced "bullshit" with the word "articles" but still

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2014, 11:21:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well because I couldn't find the new Templeton episode I accidentally discovered Chris Nieratko's 4 episode Skinema with Belladonna.  There were so many scenes with her fully naked and him just completely awkward.  He even throws her a towel to clean herself off after a scene and she asks, "What, you aren't going to wipe me off?", and the ensuing 2 second clip was too good.  I figured this was on topic for a Templeton thread.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well because I couldn't find the new Templeton episode I accidentally discovered Chris Nieratko's 4 episode Skinema with Belladonna.  There were so many scenes with her fully naked and him just completely awkward.  He even throws her a towel to clean herself off after a scene and she asks, "What, you aren't going to wipe me off?", and the ensuing 2 second clip was too good.  I figured this was on topic for a Templeton thread.

Sounds like militant radical feminist bullshit to me!

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774

shark tits

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
ed should've done the damn boardslide w/ a boner, we'd still be talking about that cover today. mike v stole jason lee's girl, bully. no offense to mike v but if that were my lady i'd be tearin that ass up! i love what a wholesome guy ed is, photos of skaters peeing notwithstanding. it's funny how he says dressen's skating was rudimentary but doesn't mention vallely's regressive tricks.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well because I couldn't find the new Templeton episode I accidentally discovered Chris Nieratko's 4 episode Skinema with Belladonna.� There were so many scenes with her fully naked and him just completely awkward.� He even throws her a towel to clean herself off after a scene and she asks, "What, you aren't going to wipe me off?", and the ensuing 2 second clip was too good.� I figured this was on topic for a Templeton thread.
[close]

Sounds like militant radical feminist bullshit to me!
Alright to each their own I guess, I'm just glad they have the whole separate news channel now, which is what I live about what they do.

Holy fuck that episode was awesome   :D  

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »

What a great episode.
I'm loving these beyond reason.
And Deanna steals the show.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
Damn Ed....nice house. And Dune looking super young in that video.

And speaking of Ed's wife:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »
damn mike had so much style and power in those clips

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »
I hope this goes like 6-7 episodes. This one seems on part with the other great ones. I am learning so much about Ed that I didn't even know. Even if they end it on his whole leg getting messed up, it just seems poetic in what kind of career he had. Good job Patrick! We needed this since even Weekend Buzz is gone for now.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2014, 01:23:44 PM »
that was the shortest 12 minutes ive ever sat through. cant wait for the next episode!

its such a shocker that hes never had a cover besides those two in 89 and 90.