Author Topic: epically templetits  (Read 43792 times)

Jared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
Re: epically templetits
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014, 02:02:08 PM »
It seems Ed is still good friends with Paul Schmitt, Why are toy boards that crappy watson wood? I would definitely skate them more if they were ps stix...

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »
This is great, amazing detail and history. We are just about to start part 4 and haven't even started the history of Toy Machine. I hope Isuck, Muska, BA and DGKalis got interviewed for the early history of Toy Machine.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »

Deanna, Ann and Geoff.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »
It seems Ed is still good friends with Paul Schmitt, Why are toy boards that crappy watson wood? I would definitely skate them more if they were ps stix...
Tum Yeto owns Watson,
and idk maybe i got a bad one, but i got a Plan B board 6 months ago and that thing was heavy as fuck.

shark tits

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2014, 02:08:34 PM »

Deanna, Ann and Geoff.
ed prolly took the picture but mike v is prolly so bummed. or maybe behind his blustery facade, he likes to see ann go down on other pros or at least cup the balls while deanna does it. either way, wish i was friends w/ ed and deanna.

weepee

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »

most of the boards are by bareback now

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2014, 02:34:01 PM »
It is not that surprising that Ed never had another cover after '90. Skateboarding quickly changed again and he was never into jumping down huge stairs or riding long rails.

What was Ed's last full part anyway?

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2014, 02:52:08 PM »
for some reason vice won't open, maybe it's blocked on my internet now. anyone want to embed the player or alternative link?

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
Part 3 was absolutely fantastic. One of the best I've ever seen. The interviews are perfect, the old footage is great and it's really informative all at the same time.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »
It is not that surprising that Ed never had another cover after '90. Skateboarding quickly changed again and he was never into jumping down huge stairs or riding long rails.

Good Vs Evil? I always liked his Emerica - This is Skateboarding part.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

shark tits

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 03:04:52 PM »

he did say that was his peak but i thought he was riding long rails when he welcomed us to hell.

Hatechild

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »

Ed is the original hipster. Half of skateboarding looks/skates like him in now. 1995

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 03:18:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ed is the original hipster. Half of skateboarding looks/skates like him in now. 1995

Haha, no doubt. Looks like he is wearing the new white Huf Dylan shoe in that clip.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »
some really good episodes so far. :)

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

anyone got a gif of that one foot fs lip?
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2548
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »
I hope this goes like 6-7 episodes.

Same here. If it continues at the current pace it might even be longer. Fingers crossed!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

trannies and mannies

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »
lipslid an 18 in TIS doe

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2014, 04:56:55 PM »
super good like everyone says, that nosegrind poster is amazing.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
sooo good. can't wait until they start talking about toy machine. didn't it get rebuilt like 3 times? remember when Caswell was on for a second?  I'm excited  :o I know the whole relationship with Rowley and Arto has been discussed, but I hope they talk about it some more

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
This series has been so good.

Preck.

• Rep: -20
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »
Super Refreshing, haven't even been watching anything skateboard related lately but these have been great.
Especially liked the Euro contest footage and all the big brother stuff. It would have been awesome if he did a handrail with a boner but naked is a little much.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »
epic! looking forward to more of this history. most shocking thing to me, though, was seeing homophobic mike vallely wearing a morrissey "kill uncle shirt." i know mike doesn't eat meat, but morrissey does (at least metaphorically he does).

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
epic! looking forward to more of this history. most shocking thing to me, though, was seeing homophobic mike vallely wearing a morrissey "kill uncle shirt." i know mike doesn't eat meat, but morrissey does (at least metaphorically he does).

Mike V's homophobic?

shark tits

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »
mike v fell off the veggie train a while ago but i see him as a sort of henry rollins and that guy hates morrissey. he [rollins] made claims he wanted to tie morrissey up and force him to learn all the lines from caddyshack amongst other things [prolly putting some meat in his mouth].

dougDfresh

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike V's homophobic?

right now i don't remember the photographer/interviewer who went to interview mike a while ago. the photographer/interviewer is gay and mike let it be known to him that he hated gays. the article ended with mike making the dude shovel snow in order to get a photograph of mike skating the front of his house. i'm sure someone out there might know the article or the person's name.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
Mike V got me into the Smiths.....

Funny how everyone is shocked Ed never had another cover.....shit changed in the 90's real fast....

A.J.K.

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike V's homophobic?
[close]

right now i don't remember the photographer/interviewer who went to interview mike a while ago. the photographer/interviewer is gay and mike let it be known to him that he hated gays. the article ended with mike making the dude shovel snow in order to get a photograph of mike skating the front of his house. i'm sure someone out there might know the article or the person's name.
I remember reading that article as a kid, but don't remember any mention of Mike V hating gay people.  The dialogue was more that he thought the photog was soft for not skating in the winter.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2014, 07:42:24 PM »

Why is no one reacting to this picture? It's amazing!

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »
i Want Eds Kitchen.  "Shout out to my stove...What up stove!"
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

dougDfresh

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike V's homophobic?
[close]

[close]
I remember reading that article as a kid, but don't remember any mention of Mike V hating gay people.  The dialogue was more that he thought the photog was soft for not skating in the winter.

a.j.k.,

maybe you're right and i got it twisted. i wasn't that young when i read the article but for some reason i remember walking away thinking that he was homophobic. i'm sure he is probably hugging and high-fiving homosexuals with no prob. i guess his persona left me this impression since i've seen him act all alpha male at my local skate spot when i was younger. when i saw his jockish, preaching, and opinionated personality i knew i wasn't a fan. but then again, maybe his new black flag album will turn me into a fan, lol. or maybe not.

on another note, i had heard stories of ed and deanna templeton way back in the day. and next thing you know ed is photographing deanna's mouth on geoff pecker