Author Topic: Loose Trucks  (Read 3365 times)

Sanka Coffie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
Loose Trucks
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:13:02 AM »
I like my skateboarding like i like my women, fast and loose.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
Re: Loose Trucks
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »

Been doing this lately, it's a lot of fun. I like to try out different ways to get the trucks looser, Daewon style and gluing the barley on (with both washers) seem to be the best. No washers is good, but the wheel bite is really bad. I'd love to see other people trucks on here.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
When I started skating I rode super tight.
Then a few years down the road I started riding really loose, and did that for the longest time. I was cutting bushings down, taking the washers off, all that jazz. It had it's advantages and disadvantages, but it just made skating so much more fun. I hated how it made flip tricks harder to pull, but I loved the surfy feel it gave, and how it made riding out of certain tricks easier.
These days I prefer a bit more stability (and plus I'm a bit heavier now too) so I've settled for a more medium-tight feel. Flip tricks come easier and more consistently.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »
I used to take my bushings to a table belt sander to shave them down a little. the same desired effect could probably be achieved via sandpaper. I got the idea from Matt Rodriguez saying he used to cut his bushings in half with razor blades.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »
I tried sanding down my bushings on my front truck and skating this week has been so much better. Still have my back truck tighter for more stability but i really get a kick out of seeing my front truck wobble. I'll post a photo when I get a chance.