Author Topic: WEARTESTED: Nike SB Project BA  (Read 2408 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
WEARTESTED: Nike SB Project BA
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:36 AM »
hey guys, we have a new review online, and its about the NikeSB Project BA.

let us know what you think, spread it, or whatever.

thanks guys!

http://www.weartested.com/nike-sb-project-ba/

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: WEARTESTED: Nike SB Project BA
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:55:35 AM »
Thanks, I always enjoy a well prepared review, the only thing I would change is to say they fit slightly larger than true sizing.

Good job.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3334
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:59 PM »
Nice! This is my favorite shoe on the market right now. Good read!

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:53:17 PM »
i just got a 2nd pair. i haven't had any issue with the suede. mine have even gotten soaking wet a few times, and i have yet to get a hole.
but, i dont do a lot of flip tricks. best shoe out for anyone whos feet bother them a lot. imo

Arkady

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »
Thanks, I always enjoy a well prepared review, the only thing I would change is to say they fit slightly larger than true sizing.

Good job.

Yeah, I'd say that they fit half a size bigger.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »
thanks for the input on the sizing, guys, appreciated.

as for durability, we try to basically cover all kinds of skating with our shoes, but since everyone has a different flip and ollie technique, results will vary, of course.

thanks for reading and posting here!

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Good job.
[close]

I disagree on this. I read that on here a while ago and ordered two sizes to see for myself. The half size smaller just felt too tight and, although in length the shoe fit better, the normal sized shoe had a better feel in the arch and in the way that it supported the fooooooot overall. I think the shoe is meant to fit a little larger because of the way that it hugs your foot...my opinion.

also my
favorite shoe on the market right now
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Good job.
[close]

[close]

I disagree on this. I read that on here a while ago and ordered two sizes to see for myself. The half size smaller just felt too tight and, although in length the shoe fit better, the normal sized shoe had a better feel in the arch and in the way that it supported the fooooooot overall. I think the shoe is meant to fit a little larger because of the way that it hugs your foot...my opinion.

also my
Expand Quote
favorite shoe on the market right now
[close]
Everybody's feet are different, but it doesn't really matter with this shoe - they are way too comfortable to pass up

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »
i just got a 2nd pair. i haven't had any issue with the suede. mine have even gotten soaking wet a few times, and i have yet to get a hole.
but, i dont do a lot of flip tricks. best shoe out for anyone whos feet bother them a lot. imo

This is what in hearing. I've been having some weird top of foot/toe issues since I started skating again last summer. I quit skating vulcs and picked up some Gatos but prolly shoulda chose these instead.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
Fuck, I am so torn.  I want to support BA and these shoes look pretty good but I refuse to buy Nike skate-goods.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 05:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is what in hearing. I've been having some weird top of foot/toe issues since I started skating again last summer. I quit skating vulcs and picked up some Gatos but prolly shoulda chose these instead.

im gonna take a wild guess, i bet you have turf toe.. a pain on the top of your foot that seems to be triggered by your big toe?
i have that and some other problems.. but im in my late 30s..

JAesop

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:24 PM »
I think this shoe must not be selling...it seems like its on sale everywhere.

Young Satchel

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »
I think this shoe must not be selling...it seems like its on sale everywhere.

Seems like everywhere that has em on sale is in one or two sizes, and last year colors.  If I find some 11.5s that aren't pink or aqua I might spring for em.

Young Satchel

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

im gonna take a wild guess, i bet you have turf toe.. a pain on the top of your foot that seems to be triggered by your big toe?
i have that and some other problems.. but im in my late 30s.

Yea I've looked into that; may be the case. I may also have tendonitis in the top of my foot, or it's possible I caused a stress fracture to one or more of the small bones up there from impact. My one big toe has been bothering me for a couple years now, but it's unclear to me exactly what that's related to.  If I had health insurance, I might be on my way to answering these questions...  :-/