Author Topic: Bianca Chandon  (Read 116467 times)

WeirdBeach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
Re: Bianca Chandon
« Reply #540 on: June 05, 2014, 10:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
if you hate on this, shut the fuck up and go buy a girl logo board like the boring fuck you are
[close]

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #541 on: June 05, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want to back this company because AO is the shit in my opinion but man that last drop is hard to support. The fuck is wth the hat? It looks like the sort of ugly shit you could buy from any nyc dollar store or street vender which I guess is sort of the point but why the fuck would anybody want to pay 80 bucks for it?
[close]

As previously mentioned

[close]

Rickk back in 99 !

tight ur on instagram
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

SlayerKiller

• Rep: -37
« Reply #542 on: June 05, 2014, 01:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
if you hate on this, shut the fuck up and go buy a girl logo board like the boring fuck you are
[close]

What exactly is boring about a company ran by Mike Carrol and Rick Howard? And what does this have to do with Alex Olson's company making shitty shirts and using shitty disco as a soundtrack? To each their own, but hardly worth the hype.  Just because he skated for Girl, doesn't mean Girl should be referenced in terms of this.

I wonder what will be the next overhyped company after this one fizzles. What will the crappy artwork for those overpriced shirts look like?
What dead musical style will be used for it? (Lounge...Polka..NuMetal?) Instead of LBGT community being exploited...the company owner could align themselves with a different sect of society (Down Syndrome, Skinheads, Cosplay?) Then kids will think that's hot shit and get all hyped on weekly drops  :-*

Whatever. I'm just typing to type. I'm gonna get off the internet and go skate. I'll be patiently waiting for some cliche "go buy a girl logo board" response.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:59:00 PM by SlayerKiller »

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #543 on: June 05, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

What exactly is boring about a company ran by Mike Carrol and Rick Howard? And what does this have to do with Alex Olson's company making shitty shirts and using shitty disco as a soundtrack? To each their own, but hardly worth the hype.  Just because he skated for Girl, doesn't mean Girl should be referenced in terms of this.

I wonder what will be the next overhyped company after this one fizzles. What will the crappy artwork for those overpriced shirts look like?
What dead musical style will be used for it? (Lounge...Polka..N? Metal?) Instead of LBGT community being exploited...the company owner could align themselves with a different sect of society (Down Syndrome, Skinheads, Cosplay?) Then kids will think that's hot shit and get all hyped on weekly drops  :-*

Whatever. I'm just typing to type. I'm gonna get off the internet and go skate. I'll be paitieny waiting for some cliche "go buy a girl logo board" response.
listen to less ABBA and more Arthur Russell. second thought?.listen to more ABBA they're sick!

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »
i think you guys have no idea what you're talking about anymore. the OG girl board is a CLASSIC logo. there is no shame in buying one. and what are you even comparing it to ? a line of 6 skateboards compared to 2 catalogs of maybe 30 boards each for each brand each year? crailtap always releases a couple good boards with great shapes every season. they make skateboards for every kind of shop, for every kind of place, for every kind of person. get your heads on straight and put the catalog into context.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:58:30 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

soccer mom

« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2014, 03:12:51 PM »
Bianca Chandon's customer service is on point! Super fast at everything

dillanharp

« Reply #546 on: June 05, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
19 pages of straight up bickering.

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #547 on: June 05, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
Bianca Chandon's customer service is on point! Super fast at everything

Yeah they handle shit

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #548 on: June 05, 2014, 03:56:01 PM »
19 pages of straight up bickering.

Bickering...so HOT right now.

S.E.

« Reply #549 on: June 05, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

What exactly is boring about a company ran by Mike Carrol and Rick Howard? And what does this have to do with Alex Olson's company making shitty shirts and using shitty disco as a soundtrack? To each their own, but hardly worth the hype.� Just because he skated for Girl, doesn't mean Girl should be referenced in terms of this.

What dead musical style will be used for it? (Lounge...Polka..N? Metal?) Instead of LBGT community being exploited...the company owner could align themselves with a different sect of society (Down Syndrome, Skinheads, Cosplay?) Then kids will think that's hot shit and get all hyped on weekly drops� :-*

Whatever. I'm just typing to type. I'm gonna get off the internet and go skate. I'll be paitieny waiting for some cliche "go buy a girl logo board" response.
[close]

You're missing the point.  Lots of people are bummed on Girl because they used to be that company that DID have that flavor.  They often used boards that didn't have the OG logo and sometimes didn't even have the rider's name on it.  Their videos and ad all had a certain feel that made them immediately feel "Girl."  Nowadays they just occasionally do a series of "one-offs" where there is a bit more going on with the graphics, but they mainly stick to the OG logo, the rider's name and then a bunch of different colorways of the same.  It IS boring.  It IS stale.  It's even more frustrating because you see it coming from some people that were pretty much the most creative people in the industry for years and now they're putting out something bland despite probably making more money than ever before (I have no facts to base this claim on.)

So when these guys are saying, "Shut the fuck up and buy a Girl logo board" they're just naysaying the hate that's coming onto someone doing something a bit different.  They could've just as easily said "Plan B" or "Real" or any of the other companies that put little to no thought into their graphics dept.  While I don't think that the decks that Alex has put out are anything special, he's definitely doing his own thing and that's getting some people psyched.

exactly^

yapple dapple

« Reply #550 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »
I just got my House of Bianca 8.26 in the mail today. Now, I don't know if I want to skate it or let it collect dust. This is a piece of art.  I do know I will be sleeping with it in my bed tonight.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: June 05, 2014, 04:20:57 PM »
I just got my House of Bianca 8.26 in the mail today. Now, I don't know if I want to skate it or let it collect dust. This is a piece of art.  I do know I will be sleeping with it in my bed tonight.

Will you be spooning the graphic or the top of the deck?

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #552 on: June 05, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spoon the top and cum on the graphic.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #553 on: June 05, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How appropriate of a response considering your name. lol.

yapple dapple

« Reply #554 on: June 05, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How appropriate of a response considering your name. lol.
[close]
These are all really great ideas. But I think I'll go slow with a bit a 4play then a hot game of rocket air, judo air, and method air. Then see where it goes from there.

Cristiano Ronaldo's Ego

• Rep: 5
  • "I don't like being alone"

biandconfused

• Rep: -1
« Reply #556 on: July 04, 2014, 02:02:59 AM »
I'm just gonna leave these here...

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #557 on: July 04, 2014, 02:26:49 AM »

You do know that Alex Olson isn't the first person to reappropriate in skateboarding right?  I don't see how this is a big deal.

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #558 on: July 04, 2014, 02:51:19 AM »
Cover of Seudes album???
Suede maybe.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #559 on: July 04, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »

Everyone copies shit in clothing. If anything that's kinda rad that hes doing shit from things he like but isn't that well known to the average person. He's really doing his own thing, im backing it.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #560 on: July 04, 2014, 06:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Everyone copies shit in clothing. If anything that's kinda rad that hes doing shit from things he like but isn't that well known to the average person. He's really doing his own thing, im backing it.

;D
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #561 on: July 04, 2014, 07:58:04 AM »
At least theres some thought in it as opposed to blatant copies of cigarette packaging or candy or wahtever

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #562 on: July 04, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

;D

wait, people actually thought all the Bianca designs thus far were all originals? I thought it was understood from the get-go that basically everything design-wise has been lifted from elsewhere? Pretty sure Olson himself has made no assertions that anything released so far HASN'T been a re-approporation of an already existing piece of work. He's also been very very upfront about his influences, to the point of flat-out wearing them on his sleeve (pun intended).

There's a difference between flat out *copying* something, and re-purposing or paying homage / tribute to something.
World Industries did it. Stereo did it. Now Bianca Chandon is doing it. And its fucking RAD. The works he's referencing thru his company's output of clothing, boards etc. has largely gone unnoticed outside of the original niche it was birthed from. So its pretty commendable on Olson's part to take the risk of introducing such foreign concepts/imagery to the skateboard community at large.  Bianca is definitely one of the more transgressive things to come out of skateboarding in YEARS.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: July 04, 2014, 09:58:05 AM »
its fucking RAD.

Bianca is definitely one of the more transgressive things to come out of skateboarding in YEARS.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #564 on: July 04, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »
you misspelled transgender.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #565 on: July 04, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »
I understand that companies are gonna reappropriate some shit sometimes but the fact that this companies been out what, less than a year? And every single thing they've put out so far is from somewhere else? How the hell can you guys say this is original? I mean this might as well be called Tumblr skateboards. It's the poster company for the copy and paste mentality of all these bullshit bloggers that somehow think they're creating something by posting all the shit they like that other people created just because nobody else knows about it. Lame.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #566 on: July 04, 2014, 11:01:55 AM »
the brand is sick and im glad he's doing it (still waiting for a promo of some sort) but it isnt really thaaat big of a risk. like i was kinda saying before theres a lot of articles talking about how michael sam and jason collins were outperforming expectations with their jersey sales. maybe they aren't truly the #1 selling jerseys in all of america but theres CLEARLY enough evidence to say that theres a market for it. the way the NFL and NBA are positioning their gay players is proof enough to me. michael sam is getting his own tv show for christs sakes. everyone loves a good adversity story. its definitely a profitable niche market thats growing and its been like that for a couple years and it goes without saying disco has been getting a LOT of play over the same amount of time. it might be transgressive for skateboarding but in the grand scheme of things it's actually on trend.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #567 on: July 04, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
Since Bianca is like more music inspired I say Olson sampled those logos.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #568 on: July 04, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »
AO wants to be the 4th Beegee so bad...

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #569 on: July 04, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »