Author Topic: 2014 MLB thread.  (Read 22161 times)

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: 2014 MLB thread.
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 05:40:12 PM »

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:07 AM »
Red Sox opening day. Let's goooooooooooooooo.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
way 2 go ny mutts
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

dillanharp

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »
Stoked on Tim Hudson.

How do you guys like the new sweatshirts? Not feeling it.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »
looks mad generic with any logo^
and in other news
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »
looks mad generic with any logo^
and in other news

F da A's

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
Met's might win 20 games this year - there's always next year...seems extra bleak this year. People already feel like it's August 3 games in.

In other news - get ready to be nauseated by the farewell Jeter bullshit.

Even the shitty Astro's sold shirts in their store with his name on it:

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Dude was one of the faces of baseball for damn near 20 years. I don't care for Jeter either, but that's just showing respect. And this is coming from an Astros fan...

Pretty sure they sold Rivera gear as well.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
Baseball is all about the semantics. I wonder if guys like Braun and Melky will get similar treatment later on?

It's NY nostalgia, I'm sick of baseball sucking NY's cock

dillanharp

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 01:58:49 AM »
Baseball is all about the semantics. I wonder if guys like Braun and Melky will get similar treatment later on?

It's NY nostalgia, I'm sick of baseball sucking NY's cock

They should be banned, straight up, and that's coming from a life long Giants fan.  Free Pete Rose.

Dude was one of the faces of baseball for damn near 20 years. I don't care for Jeter either, but that's just showing respect. And this is coming from an Astros fan...

Pretty sure they sold Rivera gear as well.
What he said. He's been an ambassador to the game when there really was none. 

dillanharp

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
Went to the Giants game today. Got hammered. It went 10.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 12:48:27 AM »
Hell yeah, Crawford's walk off homer into the cove was a thing of beauty, super stoked I got tickets to the Giants Dodger game Thursday.

dillanharp

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2014, 10:41:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hell yeah, Crawford's walk off homer into the cove was a thing of beauty, super stoked I got tickets to the Giants Dodger game Thursday.
We were in left field 10 rows up, some ass hat in Tulowitski jersey was down at the rail talking shit while it happened, as soon as that ball made contact we all knew and the place went nuts.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:16 PM »
Detroit looking to punch Oakland out. Sucks to trade away your best hitter and choke away your playoff chances.

Kansas City though? Who saw that coming? They have a good team maybe they can challenge LA or Milwaukee

dillanharp

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »
Did you see what the Giants did to the Brewers over the weekend? One of the weakest hitting teams in the league put up 31 in 3 days on that pitching staff. Please, that team's fucking trash.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2014, 03:41:40 AM »
Go Dodgers

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:28 AM »
I'm a big tigers fan. Seeing how miggy did yesterday off of a great pitcher like kluber really is some good news. Hope he is starting to get his swing back

dillanharp

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »

Tracer

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »
Did you see what the Giants did to the Brewers over the weekend? One of the weakest hitting teams in the league put up 31 in 3 days on that pitching staff. Please, that team's fucking trash.

SF always turns it up this time of year. They are always contenders to win it

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

idk man, if lincecum can't figure it out idk how well they'll do. but bumgarner and hudson are still gonna help their cause

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

idk man, if lincecum can't figure it out idk how well they'll do. but bumgarner and hudson are still gonna help their cause

Lincecum hasn't had his stuff in like 3 years now.. including 2012.  Back in those days the pitching had to be sharp as fuck cause the offense could only scrape 2 to 3 runs a game.  This year is different.

Bumgarner has stepped up and is this years 2010-Lincecum or 2012-Cain.  Peavy has been a great addition.
The pitching just has to be decent as long as they are hitting like they have been, we should be in there.

I generally try to keep quiet and not make predictions at this point in the season, don't wanna jynx anything.  Still amazing that they are still hanging in there... they fell off so hard I thought we were gonna end up behind Arizona.

Expand Quote
Go Dodgers
[close]
Go fuck yourself.

Please, fuck the Dodgers.  They have that big ass payroll and all those stars and they don't even WANT to win the division.  As bad as the Giants have been and they're only 2 games up?? Underachievers is an understatement (I like Kershaw though, guy is a beast).

bongggblue

• Rep: 3
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
Hunter Pence can't parallel park!

Let's Go Mets 2016!!

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Lincecum hasn't had his stuff in like 3 years now.. including 2012.  Back in those days the pitching had to be sharp as fuck cause the offense could only scrape 2 to 3 runs a game.  This year is different.

Bumgarner has stepped up and is this years 2010-Lincecum or 2012-Cain.  Peavy has been a great addition.
The pitching just has to be decent as long as they are hitting like they have been, we should be in there.

I generally try to keep quiet and not make predictions at this point in the season, don't wanna jynx anything.  Still amazing that they are still hanging in there... they fell off so hard I thought we were gonna end up behind Arizona.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Go Dodgers
[close]
Go fuck yourself.
[close]

Please, fuck the Dodgers.  They have that big ass payroll and all those stars and they don't even WANT to win the division.  As bad as the Giants have been and they're only 2 games up?? Underachievers is an understatement (I like Kershaw though, guy is a beast).

true. posey has definitely been on a tear recently, can't wait to see how the next series against the tigers goes. hoping cabrera is getting his swing back haha (tigers fan)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
I'm a big tigers fan. Seeing how miggy did yesterday off of a great pitcher like kluber really is some good news. Hope he is starting to get his swing back
Not man enough to admit you like the Reds like the rest of us shmucks?

Tracer

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2014, 07:20:28 PM »
f clowns Lincecum threw 2 no hitters in 2 years. he gets it done when it counts

dillanharp

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
f clowns Lincecum threw 2 no hitters in 2 years. he gets it done when it counts
He's so unpredictable it's scary. I love the kid but damn if he can't figure out his head. He lost his fastball it's been fucking with him for the last 3 years.

I think we'll be ok though, depending how this LA series coming up goes...

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
Lincecum's going to end up as a permanent long reliever the way he's regressing and with his velocity decreasing.

Tracer

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »
Anyone see Stanton get drilled in the face? He swung and was called out. Baseball justice even for the MVP

I'm going to go ahead and say StLuis wins the WS, they have all the pedigree to beat LA or Washington Expos.

dillanharp

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »
The umps in that game fucking blew it.
http://deadspin.com/giancarlo-stanton-removed-on-stretcher-after-fastball-t-1633816961

That pitch to Stanton was HARSH, probably one of the hardest 'hit in the face' pitches i remember seeing since Chris Brown in like '87 got his jaw broken.

I guess I can see how Stanton 'swung', but what the fuck was up with the next "strikeout"?  that wasn't a strikeout any way you looked at it... a horribly blown call.  The pitcher was losing it too.. I can see how he would be distraught after something like that, but when he started yelling at the Marlins bench a brawl was bound to happen. 

Giants/Dodgers this weekend, huge series.  Giants are white hot.  I'm not gonna say anything... nope.

I have absolutely zero idea who can take the WS... usually the more dominant teams like the Angels are the first teams out. I'm gonna stick with my Giants "every other year" theory. I'm very happy to have a post season without the Red Sox or the Yankees.  What the fuck is Joe Buck going to talk about??????