Author Topic: Jason Ellis is a douche?  (Read 14012 times)

ChronicBluntSlider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Jason Ellis is a douche?
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:05:29 AM »
Was listening to Opie and Anthony last night and they start talking about some radio guy named Jason Ellis who they helped out years ago and who went on some radio show the other day talking shit on them. The name sounded familiar and Anthony said something about how the guy's super old but thinks he's all extreme, and something about how his gray hair is falling out on his skateboard, and I'm like, oh shit, I vaguely remember that guy. So basically Jason Ellis has a radio show and sounds like a douche.

Begin at 5:40

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Jason Ellis is a douche?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 05:33:47 AM »
I grew up close to where  Jason came from and would say that he is a riddle wrapped in an enigma. At times he could be the biggest douche and at other times he was an affable human being. Many people have their own version of him and there are a lot of stories that would contribute to their reasoning. I had my run ins with him but for the most part I can say that I don't hold anything against him and think that everyone has a right to their opinion.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »
Was listening to Opie and Anthony last night and they start talking about some radio guy named Jason Ellis who they helped out years ago and who went on some radio show the other day talking shit on them. The name sounded familiar and Anthony said something about how the guy's super old but thinks he's all extreme, and something about how his gray hair is falling out on his skateboard, and I'm like, oh shit, I vaguely remember that guy. So basically Jason Ellis has a radio show and sounds like a douche.

Begin at 5:40

They basically backed the dude and gave him a platform for his shitty show when he started, then he said he was better than them or whatever. They had him in studio a few years ago and he's fucking awful. His whole "EXTREME!!" shtick with his metal mulisha MMA bullshit is embarrassing. His show is awful and he claims he's "just starting and already has a huge audience" yet he's had a show for like 10 years.
whatever, dude's a kook

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:16:32 AM »
I grew up close to where? ? Jason came from and would say that he is a riddle wrapped in an enigma. At times he could be the biggest douche and at other times he was an affable human being. Many people have their own version of him and there are a lot of stories that would contribute to their reasoning. I had my run ins with him but for the most part I can say that I don't hold anything against him and think that everyone has a right to their opinion.

I had a couple of pissed up nights out with him in Germany in the nineties, he was funny, and undoubtedly quite the douche but then everyone was then.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:20:11 AM by Ollie Ringwald »

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:00:17 AM »
Jason Ellis is most definitely a douche. But I do like his radio show. He can be super funny and his show is interesting, you just have to get past the douchiness and understand his humor and style.

His radio show is on the SiriusXM Faction channel, and I used to hate him because I wanted to listen to the music rather than a radio show on my drive home. But after a while I started liking him. And I'll tune into him whenever he's on. He's on like 4-5 hours in the middle of the day every day so its kind of hard to miss.

Yes, he's a douche in a lot of cases. But I'm down with Ellis.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 07:02:03 AM »
a little bit

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:55:12 AM »

This guy? Noooooo

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2519
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:32:37 AM »
I don't know why anyone would listen to his horrible fucking show when you could listen to Howard Stern instead.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:11 AM »
I don't know why anyone would listen to his horrible fucking show when you could listen to Howard Stern instead.

That's right! Love Howard.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 09:03:50 AM »
He ate the heart of a shark.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »
I don't know why anyone would listen to his horrible fucking show when you could listen to Howard Stern O&A instead.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »
holy shit that book cover....."get fit, get laid"??
I never, ever thought we'd have guys like that coming out of skating. Pure jock. then again he's Australian so...
(no offense to Ozzies, but in my experience they're the most sport-orientated people I've ever seen)

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »
Howard Stern is so much better but when he's not on I'll listen to Ellis

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »

this was radio gold, i almost fell out of my seat laughing. but yea this guy is a mega douche and O&A are terrible.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 10:06:24 AM »
I've got to catch his show a few times before in other peoples cars and its not all bad from what I heard. I really liked Opie and Anthony like ten years ago when they were on FM. I know they were real close and always had Louis Ck, Patrice O'Neil and Jim Norton on the show. But for as much as Jason Ellis seems like a douch, I've bet he has an equally awesome side to him. I don't know how much he lays it on while on-air, but he does seem like he is always down to do fun shit.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »
I've listened to his show a couple times and it was entertaining. I don't have satellite radio, but the ones I listened to were pretty funny and filled with some rad old skate trip stories of touring with Tony Hawk and Cab and all those guys, which I found pretty interesting. He is definitely a pretty chongo guy, and is always talking about RDS and Red Dragon, but I think he kinda plays up the douche for his role on the radio.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »

Expand Quote
He ate the heart of a shark.
[close]

That video is hilarious in the fact that the flyer right above it is sponsored by PETA

trebb

• Rep: -7
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »
Im an O&A fan, cool to see them come up on slap. Ellis is lame.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
ellis got his issues honestly. by his dad making him suck his dick.

So, though he may be a douche in fact, it's tough for me to hate on him. if anything i think of how rad he could've been if he grew up without being sexually abused as a child. that shit is no laughing matter and i feel like going through that type of shit and not killing yourself or others is pretty much a pass to kook it as hard as you want without reprimand. douche on you crazy diamond.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3421
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »
I would have gloryhole sex with him, but it's something I'd be quite embarrassed of later...and to clarify, I'd be embarrassed that it was with him, not that it was through a gloryhole.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »

So, though he may be a douche in fact, it's tough for me to hate on him. if anything i think of how rad he could've been if he grew up without being sexually abused as a child. that shit is no laughing matter and i feel like going through that type of shit and not killing yourself or others is pretty much a pass to kook it as hard as you want without reprimand. douche on you crazy diamond.

K
Is this in his book? I heard crazy stories when I was younger but never directly from Ellis.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »
That video is hilarious in the fact that the flyer right above it is sponsored by PETA
I'm pretty sure that was the joke.

Every tuesday I listen to Tony Hawk's Demolition Radio at 7pm which comes on immediately after Jason Ellis's show. Well sometimes Jason's show runs a little late, like until 7:05 or whatever. Well let me tell you, those 5 minutes I have to listen to Jason's shitty show can be infuriating.
ableSkateMag.com

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote

K
[close]
Is this in his book? I heard crazy stories when I was younger but never directly from Ellis.

it was either his book or in some crazy interview. maybe the stern one? it was a few years ago, but he definitely directly stated that that was why he grew up so fucked in the head. i felt so sorry for him and then kind of admired him for dealing with it by being as awesome as he could (which sometimes wasn't so much, but you get my drift).

edit: it was stern. here ya go: @ 3:00

K
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:07:32 PM by kamltoe »

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

K
[close]
[close]

it was either his book or in some crazy interview. maybe the stern one? it was a few years ago, but he definitely directly stated that that was why he grew up so fucked in the head. i felt so sorry for him and then kind of admired him for dealing with it by being as awesome as he could (which sometimes wasn't so much, but you get my drift).

edit: it was stern. here ya go: @ 3:00

K
Ok, so this goes a long way to explaining some of the stories I heard. Gnarly shit.

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 01:54:30 PM »
O&A fans on Slap unite!!!

a side note - i have zero respect for someone who murders animals for amusement, ellis is a fucking faggot - I don't care what happened it him as a kid. that washed up vert jock deserves nothing.

A.J.K.

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »
O&A are terrible.

They really are.  Opie is a bore and Anthony is just an asshole, but in the least funny or endearing way.