Author Topic: BATB 7  (Read 99122 times)

moeron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
Re: BATB 7
« Reply #1050 on: June 08, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
Kid has a great nollie double flip. I'm not even being sarcastic. They look legit. I hope he wins!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1051 on: June 08, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Man I was so wrong about a Joe ending up in finals...but after seeing Cody the last 2 weekends in a row, he has got me believing that he could take it.

Liking the line up for finals night for sure
[close]

I would love to see him win, but once you pull out your f/s and s/w f/s flips it is gonna be a hard one for Cody. Everybody has his weekness, even Cody. I am still shocked how easy he has all those doubles variations ... good look to Cody.
Yea f/s flips variations aren't typical, most people arent fucking with that trick

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1052 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
isnt this kid flowed by dgk? hardflip back revert? god damn. i think its weird that all these dudes have double flips. man, he went straight for the throat on that one. 10 grand is a lot of cash, id like him to win for that reason but i want koston to take him out with late flips just because.

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1053 on: June 08, 2014, 10:17:22 AM »
He didn't go for the throat immediately. He did plenty of basics.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1054 on: June 08, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
He didn't go for the throat immediately. He did plenty of basics.

how are double flips not basic? its 2014 people, stop calling switch tres basics and nollie double heals something else. The only reason these guys miss them is because only little skatepark kids are going to waste their time learning switch double heels.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1055 on: June 08, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
At BATB level of skating switch 360 flips are basics.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1056 on: June 08, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
The lineup for the finals is looking pretty good. Stoked on Cody; good style, decent pop.
At this point it could be anyones game. Cody seems to have every trick, and his double flip variations on lock in every stance; Sewa has those five or six tricks that hes gone to for every game so that almost every gets letters on; I could see it going either way really.
How awesome would it be if Koston ended up winning it all? People always forget that he has a pretty big bag of tricks. All those pressure flips and weird early 90s tricks, I feel like if he really wanted to he could take the whole thing.

Nacnud

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1057 on: June 08, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
A half cab nollie double flip....???? ???
Both get a letter for saying that!!!
" I just shot him, dying was between him and God"  R L Burnside

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1058 on: June 08, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
I hope Cody wins the whole thing. Since is the Berrics, it can really help him go further in skateboarding, and he seems like a nice dude. His skating is amazing. Benny Fairfax turned pro because of BATB, so I hope Cody will go hard on these pros.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1059 on: June 08, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »
So apparently Cody is on Aaron Kyro's company now...
Scientology makin moves in the skate game yet again

4wheels

« Reply #1060 on: June 08, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »
berra lookin rough rider

weepee

« Reply #1061 on: June 08, 2014, 12:31:20 PM »
A half cab nollie double flip....???? ???
Both get a letter for saying that!!!

hahaha

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1062 on: June 08, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »
People always forget that he has a pretty big bag of tricks.

Literally no one in skateboarding has ever forgotten Koston has a big bag of tricks.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1063 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »
The lineup for the finals is looking pretty good. Stoked on Cody; good style, decent pop.
At this point it could be anyones game. Cody seems to have every trick, and his double flip variations on lock in every stance; Sewa has those five or six tricks that hes gone to for every game so that almost every gets letters on; I could see it going either way really.
How awesome would it be if Koston ended up winning it all? People always forget that he has a pretty big bag of tricks. All those pressure flips and weird early 90s tricks, I feel like if he really wanted to he could take the whole thing.
I'd love to see Koston win with a bunch of kooky early 90's tricks. Going into this i was hoping to see more circus/really hard tricks that we haven't seen. Like a lazer double flip, 360 inward heel variations, 360 hardflip variations or even more impressive some one bust out the Storm Flip.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #1064 on: June 08, 2014, 04:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd love to see Koston win with a bunch of kooky early 90's tricks. Going into this i was hoping to see more circus/really hard tricks that we haven't seen. Like a lazer double flip, 360 inward heel variations, 360 hardflip variations or even more impressive some one bust out the Storm Flip.

1:35 ... I wonder if Jerry still has them  ???

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1065 on: June 08, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »
should just let mullen in this thing and shut it down, even with his fucked up leg he cant lose.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1066 on: June 08, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »
All these terrible pro's who don't practice double flips.

Double flips are lame as fuck. Seems like kids tricks

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1067 on: June 08, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
there are tricks everyone can do. There are tricks that most people can do and some people cant, e.g., hardflips, etc... then there are hard tricks, switch bigflip, nollie inward heel that most people can still do but often miss. Then there are tricks that are specific to certain people (either they come natural to them or they learned them screwing around and just kept doing them) e.g., pressure flips, late flips, dolphin etc.... then there are tricks that most people dont seem to give a shit about that really arent that hard, theyre just lame so no need to waste your time unless you are fucking around, e.g., double flips, 540 shove its, late kickflips.
so when playing skate, most people tend to do the tricks that they know the other guy should be able to do and if he is feeling good he will try a difficult trick. yes, skate is a game of consistency, not sudden death.
if you are at T and the other guy only has a couple letters no one gives a shit if you throw out a wild card (tricks that you know the other guy most likely does not have for whatever reason).
These kids are playing to win, we have established that, if i was in there I would only do my fucked up tricks because i want that money. so, the criticism isnt necessarily on the babies, its on Berra and Koston for setting up this bullshit in the first place. Making skateboarding about beating the other guy is simply takes the fun out of it (as evidenced by koston who probably regrets this horrible idea).
some of you have said that you like it this way because it was getting boring, well, maybe it was getting boring to you, but to people who like to play skate, you understand that it isnt always instant gratification, sometimes you have to wait for a game like cole v busenitz.
Normal contests are different because its still about the individual going on the course and just doing their own thing. But this, this is kill or be killed, nothing fun about it, cut throat, dirty shit that has no place in skateboarding except when youre drinking beers with your homies and feel like being a dickhead.
but i guess we can keep defending the berrics because this is obviously what skateboarding is about now.

I agree, these circus tricks nobody sees in a normal session in a square with friends, the majority are children who want to thrill but have no style or consistency. Forget POP style and speed. It would be very ugly to see a Appleyard giving a Double Flip, Ianucci too. Antwuan already given in Baker video, but definitely are for idiots with no style maneuvers.

poptart

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1068 on: June 08, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
why's everybody acting like cody just does circus tricks? first game against trent mcclung they literally did like 30 normal or 'basic' tricks as you would say. He's just damn good and has pretty much every trick locked

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1069 on: June 08, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »
complaining about people's s.k.a.t.e. strategies in a friggin competition = maximum kookery.

also, the man is known for being able to perform well under pressure. it would be interesting, but i think cody got this one.

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2014, 06:45:35 PM »
If you're gonna double flip at least try and make it look good.

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »
If you're gonna double flip at least try and make it look good.

ya hes purposefully trying to make it look bad.....

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -599
  • who knows
« Reply #1072 on: June 08, 2014, 08:24:26 PM »
geoff you need to go outside
where is home?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1073 on: June 08, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
should just let mullen in this thing and shut it down, even with his fucked up leg he cant lose.
He'd kill it everytime he won the ro sham bo, but i dunno if he has the switch tricks down to survive on defense.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1074 on: June 08, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
geoff you need to go outside

i know, i get bored.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1075 on: June 08, 2014, 08:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He'd kill it everytime he won the ro sham bo, but i dunno if he has the switch tricks down to survive on defense.

fuuuuuck can't imagine what a BATB final would of looked like back in '98 with Song VS Mullen.

towerofcheeseandpotatoes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1076 on: June 08, 2014, 11:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

fuuuuuck can't imagine what a BATB final would of looked like back in '98 with Song VS Mullen.

I bet mullen has the switch doubles.  but thats confusing because I remember reading an interview where he says that he has switched his stance.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1077 on: June 09, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »

the Mutt no longer has a 'stance'

THERE IS NO SWITCH

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1078 on: June 09, 2014, 01:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Pretty damn sure Mullen would take out everyone.  Not even trying.

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #1079 on: June 09, 2014, 02:36:09 AM »
Mullen ain't doing no switch f/s 540 shuvits on command, c'mon. The Mutt glory days for most of us consisted of him doing tricks that even Shane Heyl has on lock.

Cepeda does not fit into Mo's double flip formula. Cepeda looks like he's asleep when does single-flip basics. I hope he pulls out the switch 540 lazer during the finals...

There's been a shit ton of arguing in this thread regarding the 'circus' tricks. What if somebody threw out a heelflip body varial, kickflip pretzel or switch casper? I'm just saying this shit could be waaaaaaay more ignorant. Everyone's just prisoners of their own mind these days, man.

Cepeda vs Luan final game with Cepeda winning (even tho I'm rooting for Luan. Sorry Luan).