Author Topic: BATB 7  (Read 99208 times)

Patey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: BATB 7
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »
easy win for mikemo. sucks sometimes when the joes lose the ro sham bo, would have been nice to see that dude set a trick

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »
yo mikemo looked serious...poor joe wasn't ready for that.

FutureAccident

• Rep: 3
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
All these "joes" just don't have the experience skating in front of people and just lock up. This has been one of the most boring BATB's ever so far. Which sucks, because in theory I really like the idea of unknown skaters going up against the big dogs.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2014, 08:56:45 AM »
easy win for mikemo. sucks sometimes when the joes lose the ro sham bo, would have been nice to see that dude set a trick

Pretty much this. The game was over before it even begun, Joe looked hella disappointed. Shame he hadn't had a chance to shine.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
The Joes second switch big flip attempt says it all...

Global Moderator

« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
Look I get why this shit kinda sucks but for 1, I actually always enjoy these and look forward to them when they're happening and 2, it's the best thing to show your friends who don't skate to try to give them an idea of why you care.

This one has been pretty interesting. Yeah the Berrics is for kooks but I am pretty happy that it's BATB season.

I agree with you 98%, but I don't believe the Berrics is for kooks, just not the average over 18 year old skater.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2014, 09:33:02 AM »
Mike mo aint fuckin around this year, even practiced Roshambo

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2014, 09:55:16 AM »
Mike mo's switch bs flip was absurd
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty much this. The game was over before it even begun, Joe looked hella disappointed. Shame he hadn't had a chance to shine.

Harsh reality of skateboarding, a balance of luck, timing, skill, and consistency.  But, the fact that he didnt get a letter on Mo doesn't make him shameless IMO, just unlucky, he got to be on the game and has fotage on the berrics i think that's pretty good when it comes to 'shining'

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Harsh reality of skateboarding, a balance of luck, timing, skill, and consistency.  But, the fact that he didnt get a letter on Mo doesn't make him shameless IMO, just unlucky, he got to be on the game and has fotage on the berrics i think that's pretty good when it comes to 'shining'

Shine in the sense of throwing out some wizard tricks he has been practicing for weeks. And we all know he has them on lock. That was what I meant.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Shine in the sense of throwing out some wizard tricks he has been practicing for weeks. And we all know he has them on lock. That was what I meant.

Yeah was sorta hoping to see some of the crazy weird tricks a lot of these joes are pulling, and seeing if mike mo could match that.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
That dude did really well....and still got skunked.  Basically anyone against mike mo has a possibility of losing
where is home?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
Fuck Mike Mo is amazing at flatground, that Impossible was absurd.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2014, 12:18:02 PM »
Shining is when a gnarly dude brings his a-game and you beat him, not doing circusy tricks. Wasn't this Joe on Roger or something at some point?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »
mike mo does tricks exactly how i want to do them. pop, speed, stomped.

his switch heel is always amazing

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
 joes should set for the first round of the batb... after that then get a roshabo going forward

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »

eatshitbum

• Rep: 9
« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »
mike mo looking real good that game, i liked that nollie 360 kickflip as well as the impossible/bs flip. i feel like mike mo hasn't gotten a bunch of coverage since pretty sweet (and even though his part was great, I still found it a little disappointing compared to his fully flared part/the rest of pretty sweet) so it's good to see him kicking ass on board

liked the post-game interview too. mike mo downplayed the skunking without coming off as an asshole. we've seen so many games already where a 4-letter lead disappears as quickly as it came. joe did a good job describing the nerves/skating shittily without coming off as a whiner.

joe skated well but i think this is the sort of battle we saw from the outset. the "pro" (consistent/has all the "standard" tricks) vs the "joe" (not as consistent/has a ton of "circus" tricks). if the joe has the consistency to match a pro and get to set some of their own tricks, they'll do some damage (see that tall goon who beat the mcclung cunt and chris chann vs chris cole). but it really comes down to one trick in a bunch of these games (morgan, prod, luan etc)... been some exciting games so far. hope some of these joes stick around but the pros have been doing a good job holdin it down IMO. fuck this is like fuckin ESPN sportscenter, dyrdek would be proud

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »
like i said earlier. the joes should be given the first set automatically. sort of like you might just have a once chance to beat the pros. that would be a lot better

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »
Visitors should bat first.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2014, 04:09:19 PM »
Yeah and all loosers should play each others.

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2014, 04:38:13 PM »
was that the first impossible in a game? i don't think i even saw any impossibles in any of the joes submission videos. Nobody's practicing that shit. mike mo's impossible variations are gonna end fools. guess they aren't as popular as 'cherry' might make one think.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
Proper wrapped impossible for sure.

I just wanna see Mo Vs Luan.  Super speed/pop game... I know PJ can do everything but I'd rather watch those kinda skaters play.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
Joes are dropping like flies. So if there are none left this whole concept is for naught.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2014, 12:45:18 AM »
Yeah, in a "Pro's vs. Joe's" contest its kinda dumb that they even ro sham bo.  Lets the non professionals have a chance.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2014, 01:10:47 AM »
My only complain is that we only get 2 battles per week... I don't even remember that the first guys looked like. At this rate this shit will be over in September.

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, in a "Pro's vs. Joe's" contest its kinda dumb that they even ro sham bo.  Lets the non professionals have a chance.

Then when the Joe's beat the pros with circus tricks without the pros getting a chance for rebuttal you guys would bitch about that too.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2014, 08:37:06 AM »
Seems like Nyjah just keeps getting better and better. Poor Joe.

shark tits

« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »
there is no joy in mudville, mighty casey struck out
i want to see a Masshole take it, preferably PJ but if it's a joe that would be fine too.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »
Nyjah's style has certainly improved
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks