Author Topic: BATB 7  (Read 99148 times)

annoyedwithskating

Re: BATB 7
« Reply #540 on: May 05, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love the subtle jabs from PJ. "this was not a gentlemans game." "gotta pull out the bigspin hardflips." Then the kid admitted that he couldnt beat him fairly so he had to use tactics. Pretty funny shit. Everybody has tricks other people cant do. pretty cornball shit. I'm sure PJ not too concerned at this point. Probably has more incentive to film for shoes and the Plannever B video.
[close]

it seemed to me that pj was more psyched to lose than to win. it didn't seem to me that those were jabs. i mean, he's fuckin' pj ladd, he doesn't need to stoop to the level of pulling verbal cheap shots at some unknown"joe". plus, i think using "tactics" is all part of the game. it's not a sport, so it's not just "ok guys, kickflip is first, then heelflip, then tre, make sure you do everything in an officially established progressive order. go team!" strategy is part of the game. hence why i think most pros who are known to have crazy tricks like to go through pretty much all the basics first: wear your opponent down with tricks you know you aren't going to fuck up, then go for the kill for the last two letters or so.

sorry for the drunken rant, but that my 2 cents.
[close]

youre kind of missing the point. when you play skate, of course you want to win but if the only point of playing was to win you just do a bunch of dumb tricks that you know the other person cant do, e.g., that crappy kid. Playing skate has more to do with doing tricks consistently because it is fun and challenging not because there is some sort of team mentality. in fact the opposite is true, the other guy has the shitty attitude. playing to win instead of having fun. "i know how to beat this guy" yeah, shits lame.
[close]

i don't think i'm missing the point at all. in fact, as much as i hate the 'jock' mentality, there really is only one purpose of contests: to win. strategy is a big part of it. but my point was that i don't think pj gave a shit about winning again (similarly to how cole obviously gives halfassed attempts to these latter batb jammies). and maybe he just didn't want to take it three times in a row. possibly out of modesty, possibly because he didn't want to be known as the batb champ of batb champs, or some shit. it may be your attitude with your friends to use the friendly games of skate that you play to focus on consistency, but contests are about wins, nothing more.

thats your opinion. if you watch pretty much all of the games up to this point you will notice that 95% of the people playing never were cut throat but played normal games of skate. even people who ended up winning the whole thing rarely resorted to tactics like throwing out a bunch of shitty tricks all in a row. they always play by doing normal/difficult tricks. kids a kook.

Exposure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #541 on: May 05, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
^its not just an opinion that the point of BATB is to win games of skate. This isn't some game of skate with your buddy during a warm up session. There's cash on the line here and people are in it to win it, welcome to the competitive side of skateboarding. Kids got awful style but to call him a kook for throwing out crazy tricks and successfully beating the reigning champion is just dumb.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #542 on: May 05, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
^its not just an opinion that the point of BATB is to win games of skate. This isn't some game of skate with your buddy during a warm up session. There's cash on the line here and people are in it to win it, welcome to the competitive side of skateboarding. Kids got awful style but to call him a kook for throwing out crazy tricks and successfully beating the reigning champion is just dumb.

its dumb if you think everyone who played in these games actually thought they were going to win and did everything they could to win. skateboarding doesnt work that way. if you go into something as a kook, it is really easy to get black balled in skateboarding. maybe you guys never play skate or something but there is an ediquette, even if there is money on the line. Thats why PJ made the comments he did. He might be nice, but he called that kid out in a nice way. I really dont think he gave a shit either way but in the moment he obviously thought the kid was lame. also, the kid is a kook. hardflip late full 180 revert, that shit is wack. Thats why pj was annoyed that he got a redo, because its not a real trick to begin with.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #543 on: May 05, 2014, 10:54:49 PM »
I still remember when CK1 just came out with fucked up tricks against Ramondetta and caught alot of hate. Personally I enjoyed it. I feel like Berra told Cory not to do that again and since then he doesn't give a fuck to the point of showing up drunk for his match vs Billy Marks in BATB 6.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #544 on: May 05, 2014, 11:16:24 PM »
I still remember when CK1 just came out with fucked up tricks against Ramondetta and caught alot of hate. Personally I enjoyed it. I feel like Berra told Cory not to do that again and since then he doesn't give a fuck to the point of showing up drunk for his match vs Billy Marks in BATB 6.
ck1 always did shit proper tho. even tho ramondettad nollie inward heel 360 thing was probably the best that trick will ever be done
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #545 on: May 05, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its dumb if you think everyone who played in these games actually thought they were going to win and did everything they could to win. skateboarding doesnt work that way. if you go into something as a kook, it is really easy to get black balled in skateboarding. maybe you guys never play skate or something but there is an ediquette, even if there is money on the line. Thats why PJ made the comments he did. He might be nice, but he called that kid out in a nice way. I really dont think he gave a shit either way but in the moment he obviously thought the kid was lame. also, the kid is a kook. hardflip late full 180 revert, that shit is wack. Thats why pj was annoyed that he got a redo, because its not a real trick to begin with.

Nah. Other than the rules previously set for these games there are no rules. Fuck etiquette.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #546 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ck1 always did shit proper tho. even tho ramondettad nollie inward heel 360 thing was probably the best that trick will ever be done
Oh, i agree, i was talking about the etiquette part. Sometimes i'd rather see a battle of fucked up tricks but done clean. That kid who beat PJ i hope gets smoked by Morgan next round, his style was ugly as hell.

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #547 on: May 05, 2014, 11:39:39 PM »

actually he probably just did that cause dude is a borderline alcoholic

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #548 on: May 06, 2014, 01:09:16 AM »
People complain that too many joes are losing too easily.

Joe beats the best flat ground pro in the game, Pj Ladd, and people are complaining.

SLAP, right?

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #549 on: May 06, 2014, 03:07:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah. Other than the rules previously set for these games there are no rules. Fuck etiquette.

Indeed. If you can't do the trick the other guy can then tough shit. That's the game. There's no fair play trophy here. The Joes should go for the throat with all the fucked up tricks they can, it's why they are there and lets face it they don't seem cut out for the stamina game.

moeron

« Reply #550 on: May 06, 2014, 03:44:12 AM »
I like how someone said hardflip late 180 is whack meanwhile in Pj Ladd's WHL he does a hardflip revert and a switch varial heelflip revert in the same run. Pj used to be the king of pivot tricks, late flips, shifty flips and everything else SLAP could consider whack. Plus this joe did a bigger flip and Pj did a cabelarial bigger flip in wonderful horrible life.

This is what Pj gets for sticking to basic flat ground tricks in these games. I wish he still did all of his shifty and revert tricks that made him stand out in the first place. He holds back.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:49:20 AM by moeron »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #551 on: May 06, 2014, 04:17:30 AM »
yeah, you guys are reading a bit too much into it no?
he won fair and square! hell he was even pretty good on defense in the beginning.
if you were in that game and PJ missed a trick, would you continue to do easy/ basic tricks? of course not! PJ would murder you if you did that.
it's not a style contest, it's a game of SKATE ffs.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #552 on: May 06, 2014, 08:13:25 AM »
My mind is still blown that that kid beat p.j. Such a gross style.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #553 on: May 06, 2014, 08:19:02 AM »
PJ's hair is amazing and he lost to a kid with bad style. Don't see why people are complaining, his hair looked great. Going for the throat is about the only way you're going to beat the PJ's and Morgan Smiths in this competition and if you got flown to LA to get your face out there wouldn't you want it to last as long as you could before having to go back to normal life? None of those tricks are beyond PJ, he's done double flip variations in BATB before and his hair looked perticulary flattering. This kid may never be back again and PJ will always be a champion. Did anyone else notice how good PJ's hair looked?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #554 on: May 06, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
Are people seriously complaining that the kid beat PJ unfairly by doing tricks PJ couldn't land? You guys DO realize that is the EXACT POINT in skate right? There is no other goal besides doing tricks your opponents can't. If you have a problem with PJ losing, go cry in the corner. The kid won fairly, whether you like the outcome or not. Fucking crybabies.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

moeron

« Reply #555 on: May 06, 2014, 12:09:06 PM »
Are people seriously complaining that the kid beat PJ unfairly by doing tricks PJ couldn't land? You guys DO realize that is the EXACT POINT in skate right? There is no other goal besides doing tricks your opponents can't. If you have a problem with PJ losing, go cry in the corner. The kid won fairly, whether you like the outcome or not. Fucking crybabies.

Agreed.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #556 on: May 06, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
I am gonna disagree with the style moot point, i've watched all of the BATB last weekend, and most of the tricks were done proper. I mean I dont play competitive sports nor do I play games of skate, i like to watch them provided i get to see cool flat-ground tricks...seriously who wants to tune into these games just to see someone win, I mean just look at most of those judges, they dont look stoked. Also, if that was the case there would have been less BATB IMO, who wants to just see people win with no style, its like watching the ninja turtles fight shredder

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #557 on: May 06, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
Who can forget Sean Whitcomb:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

weepee

« Reply #558 on: May 06, 2014, 01:10:13 PM »
pj did not give a shit and let him win people, thats all there is to it. That joe isn't gonna last

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #559 on: May 06, 2014, 01:15:29 PM »
Who can forget Sean Whitcomb:

He's more enjoyable to watch than the last Joe
RIP Pimp C

moeron

« Reply #560 on: May 06, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
pj did not give a shit and let him win people, thats all there is to it. That joe isn't gonna last

Nah, the Chris Cole game is debatable whether he let the joe win, PJ flat out lost.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #561 on: May 06, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »
whatever, the whole thing is regular. pj could have done any number of tricks to shut the kid down right out of the gate but he didnt. obviously didnt give a shit. I guess that kid can have his moment in the spotlight because thats as far as hell go.

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #562 on: May 06, 2014, 03:12:52 PM »
PJ's hair is amazing and he lost to a kid with bad style. Don't see why people are complaining, his hair looked great. Going for the throat is about the only way you're going to beat the PJ's and Morgan Smiths in this competition and if you got flown to LA to get your face out there wouldn't you want it to last as long as you could before having to go back to normal life? None of those tricks are beyond PJ, he's done double flip variations in BATB before and his hair looked perticulary flattering. This kid may never be back again and PJ will always be a champion. Did anyone else notice how good PJ's hair looked?

This gentleman right here seems to be one of the lesser ones that got the whole deal of this game.

also it's pretty funny that this joe gets a lot of hate for his hardflip late fs 180 while ivan drago is cheered upon for pretty much similar tricks.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #563 on: May 06, 2014, 03:19:41 PM »
Why are people salty the kid is better than PJ. Oh well.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #564 on: May 06, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »
Why are people salty the kid is better than PJ. Oh well.
Till Joe puts out a part that smashes WHL, I'll disagree because of one game of skate

whatever, the whole thing is regular. pj could have done any number of tricks to shut the kid down right out of the gate but he didnt. obviously didnt give a shit. I guess that kid can have his moment in the spotlight because thats as far as hell go.

Pretty much this

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #565 on: May 06, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This gentleman right here seems to be one of the lesser ones that got the whole deal of this game.

also it's pretty funny that this joe gets a lot of hate for his hardflip late fs 180 while ivan drago is cheered upon for pretty much similar tricks.

Sewa may do a lot of circus tricks but at least he doesn't look like barf on a board doing any of them. Can't even say that about the joe's basics.
RIP Pimp C

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #566 on: May 06, 2014, 03:28:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #567 on: May 06, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »
Anyone complaining about that kid doing "cheap" tricks must not have seen PJ's game with Moose last year where he unloaded all the inward heel variations once he realized Moose sucked at them

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #568 on: May 06, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
dam slap be groping PJs scrotum up in this shit

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #569 on: May 06, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sewa may do a lot of circus tricks but at least he doesn't look like barf on a board doing any of them. Can't even say that about the joe's basics.
Sewa definitely looks like barf on a skateboard, don't kid yourself.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.