Author Topic: BATB 7  (Read 99203 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: BATB 7
« Reply #570 on: May 06, 2014, 04:38:50 PM »
since when did sewa look good on a skateboard?

Exposure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #571 on: May 06, 2014, 04:40:18 PM »
Lol ^^. Sewa's always looked great on a board, but talent is often overlooked around here.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #572 on: May 06, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Why are people salty the kid is better than PJ. Oh well.
[close]
Till Joe puts out a part that smashes WHL, I'll disagree because of one game of skate

Expand Quote
whatever, the whole thing is regular. pj could have done any number of tricks to shut the kid down right out of the gate but he didnt. obviously didnt give a shit. I guess that kid can have his moment in the spotlight because thats as far as hell go.
[close]

Pretty much this

PJ never unleashes all the crazy tricks he used to do in his old video parts right out of the gate. I've been wondering for years why PJ never does any of the crazy pivot/late flip tricks he has in these games. He didn't play this game any different. I think it's funny rather than people being psyched someone actually beat PJ they just can't accept that he lost fair and square.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #573 on: May 06, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Till Joe puts out a part that smashes WHL, I'll disagree because of one game of skate

Expand Quote
whatever, the whole thing is regular. pj could have done any number of tricks to shut the kid down right out of the gate but he didnt. obviously didnt give a shit. I guess that kid can have his moment in the spotlight because thats as far as hell go.
[close]

Pretty much this
[close]

PJ never unleashes all the crazy tricks he used to do in his old video parts right out of the gate. I've been wondering for years why PJ never does any of the crazy pivot/late flip tricks he has in these games. He didn't play this game any different. I think it's funny rather than people being psyched someone actually beat PJ they just can't accept that he lost fair and square.

dude if you think PJ "didn't play this game any different" than prior years you are on the autism spectrum.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #574 on: May 06, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »
Lol ^^. Sewa's always looked great on a board, but talent is often overlooked around here.

I do believe he has skill. He has his own crazy predictable tricks on lock but looks so stiff. He needs that house of hamstrings guy to loosen up a bit.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #575 on: May 06, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
Sewa looks like dogshit. His style is stiff as a board, he does the stupid dangle foot on most of his tricks, and neither his hardflip/540 shuv/varial flip or 7.5 inch deck is pleasant to watch. Everyone in this contest is talent, but that doesn't mean they're a pleasure to watch.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #576 on: May 06, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #577 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
PJ's hair is amazing and he lost to a kid with bad style. Don't see why people are complaining, his hair looked great. Going for the throat is about the only way you're going to beat the PJ's and Morgan Smiths in this competition and if you got flown to LA to get your face out there wouldn't you want it to last as long as you could before having to go back to normal life? None of those tricks are beyond PJ, he's done double flip variations in BATB before and his hair looked perticulary flattering. This kid may never be back again and PJ will always be a champion. Did anyone else notice how good PJ's hair looked?
[close]

This gentleman right here seems to be one of the lesser ones that got the whole deal of this game.

also it's pretty funny that this joe gets a lot of hate for his hardflip late fs 180 while ivan drago is cheered upon for pretty much similar tricks.
[close]

Sewa may do a lot of circus tricks but at least he doesn't look like barf on a board doing any of them. Can't even say that about the joe's basics.
[close]
Sewa definitely looks like barf on a skateboard, don't kid yourself.

He doesn't have the best style and isn't one of my favorite skaters by any means but who can make those tricks look better? PJ? Prod? No..
Sewa is solid. Don't front because you don't like it. Who has a better 540 shuv other than maybe Shane O'Neill?
RIP Pimp C

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #578 on: May 06, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
Anyone complaining about that kid doing "cheap" tricks must not have seen PJ's game with Moose last year where he unloaded all the inward heel variations once he realized Moose sucked at them

Or maybe because when PJ does a trick he proceeds to do it in every stance? Kickflip, fakieflip, nollieflip, switchflip and so on?
RIP Pimp C

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #579 on: May 06, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty much this
[close]

Im not saying PJ should have won. Im saying till joe puts out a video part like WHL, PJ is a better skater who *should* have been beaten with someone with style and gimmicks not just gimmicks IMO

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #580 on: May 07, 2014, 02:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone complaining about that kid doing "cheap" tricks must not have seen PJ's game with Moose last year where he unloaded all the inward heel variations once he realized Moose sucked at them
[close]

Or maybe because when PJ does a trick he proceeds to do it in every stance? Kickflip, fakieflip, nollieflip, switchflip and so on?
I think this is the case. PJ doesn't have a strategy other than rattling off tricks and all their variations one after the other until he either wins or misses one. Did he care if he won or lost? Probably not but he didn't let the kid win not did he feel the need to destroy the kid straight out of the gate. All I care about is that his hair is sponsorship worthy in its own right and he seemed genuinely happy to talk to camera in the absence of Reda.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #581 on: May 07, 2014, 03:58:11 AM »
can't accept that he lost fair and square.

[/argument]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #582 on: May 07, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
PJ's hair is amazing and he lost to a kid with bad style. Don't see why people are complaining, his hair looked great. Going for the throat is about the only way you're going to beat the PJ's and Morgan Smiths in this competition and if you got flown to LA to get your face out there wouldn't you want it to last as long as you could before having to go back to normal life? None of those tricks are beyond PJ, he's done double flip variations in BATB before and his hair looked perticulary flattering. This kid may never be back again and PJ will always be a champion. Did anyone else notice how good PJ's hair looked?
[close]

This gentleman right here seems to be one of the lesser ones that got the whole deal of this game.

also it's pretty funny that this joe gets a lot of hate for his hardflip late fs 180 while ivan drago is cheered upon for pretty much similar tricks.
[close]

Sewa may do a lot of circus tricks but at least he doesn't look like barf on a board doing any of them. Can't even say that about the joe's basics.
[close]
Sewa definitely looks like barf on a skateboard, don't kid yourself.
[close]

He doesn't have the best style and isn't one of my favorite skaters by any means but who can make those tricks look better? PJ? Prod? No..
Sewa is solid. Don't front because you don't like it. Who has a better 540 shuv other than maybe Shane O'Neill?

Sewas style is sick and funny and he stomps everything proper as fuck unlike that joe. The Ivan Drago comparison makes it enjoyable to me at least.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #583 on: May 07, 2014, 05:07:23 AM »
since when did sewa look good on a skateboard?

eastenders

• Rep: -115
« Reply #584 on: May 07, 2014, 05:22:44 AM »
Can't we all just agree that they both look like shit?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #585 on: May 07, 2014, 06:01:41 AM »
Who can forget Sean Whitcomb:

Berra's beard looks like the one they have the guy in Team America World Police to disguise him as a middle eastern man. Durka durka.

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #586 on: May 07, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »
Nice excuse from pj that he's been focusing on "street tricks". Didn't the joe win the game with a trick from pj's whl street part.

Hahh his face got all red from embarrassment.

weepee

« Reply #587 on: May 07, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
Nice excuse from pj that he's been focusing on "street tricks". Didn't the joe win the game with a trick from pj's whl street part.

Hahh his face got all red from embarrassment.

No. Pj did hardflip b/s 180, not f/s

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2014, 09:11:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think this is the case. PJ doesn't have a strategy other than rattling off tricks and all their variations one after the other until he either wins or misses one. Did he care if he won or lost? Probably not but he didn't let the kid win not did he feel the need to destroy the kid straight out of the gate. All I care about is that his hair is sponsorship worthy in its own right and he seemed genuinely happy to talk to camera in the absence of Reda.
No argument about his hair Soda, somebody need to put me in contact with dat boy stylist. And as to the game, I was actually remembering it wrong. I remembered him as getting all the letters on Moose at once with inward heels but he actually did a bunch of tricks in between so you guys are probably right. He's a gentleman with the hair of a god.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
No argument about his hair Soda, somebody need to put me in contact with dat boy stylist. And as to the game, I was actually remembering it wrong. I remembered him as getting all the letters on Moose at once with inward heels but he actually did a bunch of tricks in between so you guys are probably right. He's a gentleman with the hair of a god.

Rewatched the game, came here to say this but I see you took the gentlemanly route yourself.  Good show.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

HIHB

« Reply #590 on: May 08, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »
goddammit. get off his nutsack SLAP.
He lost to some kid with good tricks but bad delivery.
Im pretty sure a couple pages back everyone was bitching because the joes werent winning.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #591 on: May 08, 2014, 06:41:09 AM »

PJ fan boys are gnarly. You can't tell them nothing.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #592 on: May 08, 2014, 09:20:49 AM »
The first time I watched this I was pissed, but now I'm getting a so bad it's good vibe from this kid. 

Everyone's lost a game (or lots) to dudes who have lots of flat ground tricks but do them like shit, and constantly make you go "how the fuck did he even land it like that?" 

S.K.A.T.E. pretty much exists to give these kids a little glory, so in a way it would be horrible/hilarious poetic justice for this guy to just keep winning games.  Part of me is hoping that's what happens.  It's especially funny to think about if you take into consideration that this dude hadn't even stepped on a board for the first time when Mike Mo won the first one.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #593 on: May 08, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
lmao y'all niggas STILL mad about that shit? gimme a break dude's style was straight ass but not too many people on this planet can say they beat PJ Ladd in a game of skate. even if he "wasn't trying" its still fairly impressive. A win is a win man, it doesn't have to pretty. its like when a girl tries to stunt on you after y'all break up

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #594 on: May 08, 2014, 11:51:39 PM »
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #595 on: May 09, 2014, 12:14:52 AM »

Howzit_World

• Rep: 0
« Reply #596 on: May 09, 2014, 01:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i might be google regular, but i can't find a street part of moses. does one exist? i can't imagine him not killing it.
[close]
Here's one part of his but the quality is eh, also I believe his real name is actually Gavin.

[close]

5 year old part, but still awesome. i wonder how good of a street part he could put out now. and why do you say his name might actually be gavin? am i missing an obvious joke or is there more to that? either way, skateboarding needs more from this dude for sure.

His name is Gavin Adams, Moses is a nickname, don't know how it came about but people have been calling him that since I first remember him arriving on the scene in Cape Town like 10 years ago.

Here's some more clips. Obviously as he is from my home town I'm going to big him up and say I've seen him skate much better:

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #597 on: May 09, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »
good stuff howzit. this was suggested by youtube from your second link. last trick is nuts!

Howzit_World

• Rep: 0
« Reply #598 on: May 09, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
This too

I should probably learn how to embed videos
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:33:30 PM by Howzit_World »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #599 on: May 09, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
This too

I should probably learn how to embed videos

good shit.

cut out the "https://" from your link and it will embed automatically.