Author Topic: BATB 7  (Read 99159 times)

annoyedwithskating

Re: BATB 7
« Reply #870 on: May 25, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
I would rather see a game where people match each other on nolle 360 bigger flips than see a predictable game of standard tricks.

Besides, this Joe matched Shane on a switch big flip, PERFECT at that. He also matched him on a switch bigspin heelflip. He can do it all that's why he won.

I don't see anyone hating on the fact Shane tried a nollie bigspin late flip.

That game was 6 minutes long with insane tricks, if they just did basic tricks it probably would have been a non climatic 20 minute game.

see, this is my point, double flips are basic tricks. A switch inward heel is far more technical and legit than a switch double heel. same goes for switch back 3 and a bunch of other tricks that were ignored in favor of the shit sandwich and im not defending shanes late flip attempt although that also is more interesting and difficult than the double down.

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #871 on: May 25, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »
whoa, that was regular. gonna rewatch it now to see berra denied the handshake

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #872 on: May 25, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
You can tell Cody Cepeda smokes trees and does some gangsta shit everyday.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #873 on: May 25, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »
That's how batb games should look like. I like how crowd went apeshit after every landed trick towards the end of game.

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »
Out of all that crazy shit I think the backside flip shane did was my favorite. He looks like he is gonna fuckin cry when he misses something or doesn't get it perfect. The handshake deny was even better then the backside flip though, Berra pet the back of his hand
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:40:22 PM by Mr. Lono »
Charlie don't skate

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »
That was a fucking crazy. Dude hardly broke a sweat and fairly matched robot boy pound for pound. Best bit is Nugget not shaking Berras hand though. Awkward...

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
Anyone else also find it funny when the joe tried to play off that switch 360 double flip as a land even though like 95 percent of his foot was on the ground? Ahah.
I didn't see it as playing it off, I saw it as acknowledging he missed it.nevermind. I rewatched it and I was thinking of when he put his hands up after the fakie 360 flip, and that was more like he was relieved to land it. It still didn't look to me like he was playing it off, more like he wanted to keep his momentum (literally and figuratively).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:44:43 PM by Pavementi »
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #877 on: May 25, 2014, 03:36:47 PM »
Shane really wanted to pull the circus card about 540 shuv its but he can't. How is anyone still gonna bitch about throwing an extra flip in anywhere especially against Zigram.

Definitely some eye of the beholder shit. I think most anyone would agree a switch 360 double flip is as circus and a 540 shuv... And that's a staple contest trick for Shane. Besides that, I think everyone has a valid point with some of the joes only having wacky Hail Mary tricks, but struggling with the basics. This guy obviously has every stock trick dialed, so him breaking out off the wall flip tricks is less tacky. Kids trying to win.

All the same, it was an awesome game to watch.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #878 on: May 25, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »
Wow that was some of the most insane flat skating I've seen... So many unexpected matched tricks in there. Shane does everything unbelievably proper, even the weird shit, and that Cody dude is seriously talented at flipping the board. Him and Sewa would have an intense final for sure

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #879 on: May 25, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
This cody kid has a serious chance of winning, he has alot of the stock tricks down plus double heelflips and kickflips on lock. I think he'll get by Asta, but i doubt he'll get by Mo. I doubt he has the impossible late flip and late pressure/varial flip on lock.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #880 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:13 PM »
This cody kid has a serious chance of winning, he has alot of the stock tricks down plus double heelflips and kickflips on lock. I think he'll get by Asta, but i doubt he'll get by Mo. I doubt he has the impossible late flip and late pressure/varial flip on lock.

Shane beat Mo and Cody beat Shane. Cody can win this shit.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #881 on: May 25, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »
mind. blown.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #882 on: May 25, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
backing Luan for the win

anyone skating with that much confidence and speed deserves to win over all this slow-ass double flip fuckery

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #883 on: May 25, 2014, 05:29:46 PM »
Expand Quote
I would rather see a game where people match each other on nolle 360 bigger flips than see a predictable game of standard tricks.

Besides, this Joe matched Shane on a switch big flip, PERFECT at that. He also matched him on a switch bigspin heelflip. He can do it all that's why he won.

That game was 6 minutes long with insane tricks, if they just did basic tricks it probably would have been a non climatic 20 minute game.
[close]

see, this is my point, double flips are basic tricks. A switch inward heel is far more technical and legit than a switch double heel. same goes for switch back 3 and a bunch of other tricks that were ignored in favor of the shit sandwich and im not defending shanes late flip attempt although that also is more interesting and difficult than the double down.

I got ya. I just think if this joe matched a switch big flip/switch bigspin heelflip easily, chances are he would match a switch inward heelflip. Why waste the time?

It's just a matter of preference in what kind of games you and I want to see. I am just glad you don't sound like a whiny bitch like the rest of SLAP when they disagree with an opinion. And for that I thank you.

moeron

« Reply #884 on: May 25, 2014, 05:33:06 PM »
Not to mention he matched a nollie inward bigspin heelflip.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #885 on: May 25, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
nollie 360 flip was nuts. It was like flying away then he just lassoes it back in with his foot. Would've liked to see Shane versus Luan in the finals or semis or however the bracket works out.

john2010hill

• Rep: -13
« Reply #886 on: May 25, 2014, 06:11:47 PM »
i honestly think if i listened to every joe's "weigh in" and "after battle talk" speeches at the same time, the words would be perfectly in sync.  it would be a chorus of robotic voices "i appreciate the opportunity to come out here and am stoked i even got (whatever pro) to (whatever letter" or "I'm just gonna go in there and play it safe, but if the said pro does this, then i'm gonna bring out the hard stuff"... i like hearing luan just like "i don't stand a chance" humility then destroying. 

enter the dankness

• Rep: 10
« Reply #887 on: May 25, 2014, 06:21:03 PM »
a large collection of insane tricks were both set and matched in that game

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #888 on: May 25, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »
i just watched it for a second time...  so happy the joe won. 

also, you could almost see shanes robot brain snapping.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #889 on: May 25, 2014, 06:40:03 PM »
i have no problem with people doing any trick in BATB as long as it's proper, i can't see how any trick could be considered a "dick move" especially if it's a joe. it's not a game of skate at the local park, it's a contest.

also...play this song before scrolling down

"god eric...i can't believe everyone saw shane disrespect me like that...it looks even worse on camera!"

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:16:31 PM by Andrew »
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #890 on: May 25, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
backing Luan for the win

anyone skating with that much confidence and speed deserves to win over all this slow-ass double flip fuckery

This.  Luan is not even in the same league as these people.
Actually fuck the whole thing and flatground in general.  Time to move on to the ledge, would be way more fun than freestyle.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #891 on: May 25, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I got ya. I just think if this joe matched a switch big flip/switch bigspin heelflip easily, chances are he would match a switch inward heelflip. Why waste the time?

It's just a matter of preference in what kind of games you and I want to see. I am just glad you don't sound like a whiny bitch like the rest of SLAP when they disagree with an opinion. And for that I thank you.

yeah, i dont know, i agree in the sense that if you want to win you do what you got to do. I guess i just dont relate to the money/fame game of skate. I will never end a game with a trick i know the other guy has never done unless im just trying to be  a dick. but thats just me. at the end of the day who gives a shit.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #892 on: May 25, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, i dont know, i agree in the sense that if you want to win you do what you got to do. I guess i just dont relate to the money/fame game of skate. I will never end a game with a trick i know the other guy has never done unless im just trying to be  a dick. but thats just me. at the end of the day who gives a shit.

You do realize this is a competition and the point of it is to beat your opponents and win, right?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #893 on: May 25, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You do realize this is a competition and the point of it is to beat your opponents and win, right?

ive been playing skate for a while now, so umm, no, thats never really occured to me.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #894 on: May 25, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

ive been playing skate for a while now, so umm, no, thats never really occured to me.
I'd agree with what your saying if money wasn't on the line. 10g's is a lot of money for some of these joes and in some cases the pros. As soon as Berra put up money for this contest i think any etiquette goes out the door. These guys aren't playing a friendly game to get loose at the park, their playing  to create an entertainment product with money rewarding their performance/getting exposure for the brands they are sponsored by.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #895 on: May 25, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I'd agree with what your saying if money wasn't on the line. 10g's is a lot of money for some of these joes and in some cases the pros. As soon as Berra put up money for this contest i think any etiquette goes out the door. These guys aren't playing a friendly game to get loose at the park, their playing  to create an entertainment product with money rewarding their performance/getting exposure for the brands they are sponsored by.

yeah, if i were playing for ten grand i would tanya harding their asses. id win too because no ones got the fumunda from down unda.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #896 on: May 25, 2014, 09:21:47 PM »
Pretty sick game.  However I don't think they should be letting one of the competitor's family, boyfriend, or fanboys read the the rules.  Seems like it could mess with the other dude's focus, which is often what these things come down to.

I do wanna see this joe play sewa (It'll be like lurch vs frankenstein), although a Luan vs Mo final would be the finest display of flatground one could ask for.

moeron

« Reply #897 on: May 25, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »
Pretty sick game.  However I don't think they should be letting one of the competitor's family, boyfriend, or fanboys read the the rules.  Seems like it could mess with the other dude's focus, which is often what these things come down to.

I do wanna see this joe play sewa (It'll be like lurch vs frankenstein), although a Luan vs Mo final would be the finest display of flatground one could ask for.

Haha what? Anyone that gets psyched out by the randoms reading the rules deserves to lose. And I highly doubt that has ever happened.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #898 on: May 25, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
pretty sure that asian kid isnt even his homie just a lurker that gets over excited whenever he gets any camera time. hes been in a few other clips aswell

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #899 on: May 26, 2014, 01:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well Shane has obviously done every trick, and is capable of learning every weird tick in two tries, so I'd say it's completely fair to throw some craze at him. Also I think the last trick can be some trick I don't have, because learning new tricks is a big part of why to play skate