Author Topic: BATB 7  (Read 99213 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: BATB 7
« Reply #900 on: May 26, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
I'm bored as fuck so I watched the pre-game thing, they filmed this game pretty much immediately after cepeda's first game. That makes this way more impressive to me. How the fuck was he not sweating?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #901 on: May 26, 2014, 10:17:46 AM »
I'm bored as fuck so I watched the pre-game thing, they filmed this game pretty much immediately after cepeda's first game. That makes this way more impressive to me. How the fuck was he not sweating?

Because he barely even bends down or moves much and somehow the board does a switch 540 shuv it. Dude is good!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #902 on: May 26, 2014, 11:05:15 AM »
Geoff- your beef with these games seems to be that you want them to be more boring. To you, every game should jsut be pros go through the basics that we can all do and have all probably seen literally hundreds of thousands of times before. The circusy shit is what makes it fun to watch. A dude does a wild trick first try under pressure, and if the other guy can copy it, its awesome. And don't use your fake logic that I would be bummed to see Koston do his goofy tricks- no, I wouldn't. That too would make things interesting, especially if they can be matched.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #903 on: May 26, 2014, 11:18:20 AM »
That was probably the best game yet this year, that Cepeda dude is good.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #904 on: May 26, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »
Geoff- your beef with these games seems to be that you want them to be more boring. To you, every game should jsut be pros go through the basics that we can all do and have all probably seen literally hundreds of thousands of times before. The circusy shit is what makes it fun to watch. A dude does a wild trick first try under pressure, and if the other guy can copy it, its awesome. And don't use your fake logic that I would be bummed to see Koston do his goofy tricks- no, I wouldn't. That too would make things interesting, especially if they can be matched.

i do not want them to be boring. I cited switch inward heal and switch back 3, are those boring tricks that you can do? i dont think so. fake logic? thats cute. Anyway, maybe you wouldnt be bummed on koston doing those tricks but if you have been paying attention to these boards you would realize that many people here talk shit about koston and him doing pressure flips in these games has been a criticism. if you look at my points all I really complained about was the excessive use of double flips which in my opinion are just basic tricks hucked harder. They are not interesting. A good game of skate takes a while, it does not involved one dude getting shut down by some moron doing the donkey flip. There are a number of really hard tricks that dont suck and should be done first. I think the major problem here is that we are being exposed to too many of these games. its become a sideshow and have become boring by default. I agreed that if there was a chance that I could win 10 grand too I would play dirty. That's why I think the money involved makes it lame.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #905 on: May 26, 2014, 12:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i do not want them to be boring. I cited switch inward heal and switch back 3, are those boring tricks that you can do? i dont think so. fake logic? thats cute. Anyway, maybe you wouldnt be bummed on koston doing those tricks but if you have been paying attention to these boards you would realize that many people here talk shit about koston and him doing pressure flips in these games has been a criticism. if you look at my points all I really complained about was the excessive use of double flips which in my opinion are just basic tricks hucked harder. They are not interesting. A good game of skate takes a while, it does not involved one dude getting shut down by some moron doing the donkey flip. There are a number of really hard tricks that dont suck and should be done first. I think the major problem here is that we are being exposed to too many of these games. its become a sideshow and have become boring by default. I agreed that if there was a chance that I could win 10 grand too I would play dirty. That's why I think the money involved makes it lame.
so yeah, you just want basic tricks. Go to your local skatepark and watch the teenagers there

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #906 on: May 26, 2014, 12:18:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
so yeah, you just want basic tricks. Go to your local skatepark and watch the teenagers there

god, youre such a kook.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #907 on: May 26, 2014, 12:19:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

god, youre such a kook.
as long as you are done arguing your stupid point.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #908 on: May 26, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

god, youre such a kook.
[close]
as long as you are done arguing your stupid point.

heres the deal moron. You obviously are not very good at skating so you can not differentiate the nuance between a double flip and a switch back 3. In terms you can understand, its like when you tell youre students that Abraham Lincoln did not free the slaves but the 13th amendment did and they in turn talk to each other about how their teacher thinks hes a cool guy because he rides a skateboard and in reality is a totally tool and is completely unaware of their lack of respect for him. so go on thinking you are important and that you actually are an intellectual instead of a mediocre, moderately intelligent jackass.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:32:38 PM by geoff »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #909 on: May 26, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »
hahaha, your tearing, blistering response calls me moderately intelligent.

You should realize that absolutely nobody is on your side, making your personal attacks pointless, unless you can prove every single person who has disagreed with you is wrong because they are an asshole.

The kid matched nollie inward bigspin heelflip, do you really think a switch inward heel would matter? Or a switch backside 360? dude, stop crying.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2014, 02:10:55 PM »
Watching the skaters go through the basic line up, kickflip. pop shuv, etc, would be just as boring as having to sit through the fucking rules every time.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #911 on: May 26, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »

You should realize that absolutely nobody is on your side, making your personal attacks pointless, unless you can prove every single person who has disagreed with you is wrong because they are an asshole.

The kid matched nollie inward bigspin heelflip, do you really think a switch inward heel would matter? Or a switch backside 360? dude, stop crying.

God, all  I said was that I hate double flips, jesus christ. It really doesn't matter to me if anyone is, "on my side" this is a message board, not real life. The thing I dont get about is that even though you might not agree with my opinion, you dont have to come out being a dick, it just shows that you are genuinly not a cool person. You get sanctimonious and act like you're smarter than everyone, which is pretty funny actually, but at the heart you just seem like a dick. I can not like certain kinds of tricks, thats ok. You dont have to agree, I just see why youre always such an asshole. I guarantee if we were to skate together somewhere you would be cool to me, so does that mean youre just a phony? do you even think about shit like that?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:46:53 PM by geoff »

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #912 on: May 26, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
pretty sure that asian kid isnt even his homie just a lurker that gets over excited whenever he gets any camera time. hes been in a few other clips aswell

whenever i see the gif in your signature i have to watch it at least 20 times. who is that and what is it from?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #913 on: May 26, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »
Geoff's hell is gonna be watching Billy Marks games of skate on repeat. The guys passionate about removing the double flip.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #914 on: May 26, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
pretty sure that asian kid isnt even his homie just a lurker that gets over excited whenever he gets any camera time. hes been in a few other clips aswell
[close]

whenever i see the gif in your signature i have to watch it at least 20 times. who is that and what is it from?
name is Dylan Moore and its from this vid:
i had no idea either til another member filled me in cause a bunch of people were asking
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:02:16 PM by germy rogirs »

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #915 on: May 26, 2014, 05:06:12 PM »
Geoff's hell is gonna be watching Billy Marks games of skate on repeat. The guys passionate about removing the double flip.

yeah, im in trouble. I think i can narrow it down to double heals, or maybe you should only be allowed one double flip per game. They can limit types of tricks, one pressure flip, one 540 trick, etc... or it can be based on an algorythm, one fucked up trick per every generally approved awesome trick. also, chicks in bikinis.

Stevie Storm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #916 on: May 26, 2014, 11:24:38 PM »
Yeah double flips aren't the best at all but at least the dude didnt pull them out till after 25 other tricks had gone down. Shane had some pretty circusy tricks in there like a fakie biggerspin early in the game. Looks like its some kind of plan to do a few basics then pull out something wack.
Gape city

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »
finally caught up on all this, pretty entertaining i guess but nothing makes me wanna skate some flat more than this game from way back

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #918 on: May 28, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
I think it'd actually be fun to see just a casual game of skate where each skater tries the hardest tricks ever out the gate. That's kind of when it gets fun anyways. No one wants to see someone fall on a kickflip or what not. It's just fun to see people attempt the crazy tricks and land or get close to matching the trick. I do hate when someone exposes someones skating and know then can't land say the double flips. The he just rifles out like double flip, double heel, nollie double, and so on.

I really wanted to see Shane and Luan play a game. Maybe after all this bracket shit gets old, the Berrics can just line up some pros to do some games just to watch. That'd be kind of dope, but then it'd be like a boxing match or something.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #919 on: May 28, 2014, 02:54:11 PM »
finally caught up on all this, pretty entertaining i guess but nothing makes me wanna skate some flat more than this game from way back

that video and its recommended links makes me realize just how much the lineup for these things has changed. Trapasso vs Dgar? Heath vs Lizard? Janoski vs Ramondetta? Crokett vs Getz? so many rad styles, and the games are comically relaxed. This shit has really turned into BattleBots.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that video and its recommended links makes me realize just how much the lineup for these things has changed. Trapasso vs Dgar? Heath vs Lizard? Janoski vs Ramondetta? Crokett vs Getz? so many rad styles, and the games are comically relaxed. This shit has really turned into BattleBots.

buesnitz even brought his dog

for me the appeal of batb wasnt who could throw the best flat tricks, it was just watching some of my favorite pros play a game of flatground

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #921 on: May 28, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

God, all  I said was that I hate double flips, jesus christ. It really doesn't matter to me if anyone is, "on my side" this is a message board, not real life. The thing I dont get about is that even though you might not agree with my opinion, you dont have to come out being a dick, it just shows that you are genuinly not a cool person. You get sanctimonious and act like you're smarter than everyone, which is pretty funny actually, but at the heart you just seem like a dick. I can not like certain kinds of tricks, thats ok. You dont have to agree, I just see why youre always such an asshole. I guarantee if we were to skate together somewhere you would be cool to me, so does that mean youre just a phony? do you even think about shit like that?
What makes you think I'd be cool to you in real life?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #922 on: May 29, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
I heard today, from a dude associated with the crail camp, that Cody Cepeda beat McClung and Shane in the same afternoon. 

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #923 on: May 29, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
I heard today, from a dude associated with the crail camp, that Cody Cepeda beat McClung and Shane in the same afternoon. 

if you watch the "weigh in" before the game, he says they gave him the option of playing Shane the same day or waiting until tomorrow. dude seems to have a pretty good attitude about the whole thing, it'd be tight to see him go all the way! next time he plays Tom Asta, I think that should be easier after mcclung and shane

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #924 on: May 29, 2014, 07:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you watch the "weigh in" before the game, he says they gave him the option of playing Shane the same day or waiting until tomorrow. dude seems to have a pretty good attitude about the whole thing, it'd be tight to see him go all the way! next time he plays Tom Asta, I think that should be easier after mcclung and shane

That's what I get for just watching the games I guess.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #925 on: May 31, 2014, 04:21:33 AM »
Fucking can't wait for this game. Ie watching Luan skate.

I'm just hoping that zit doesn't throw him off his game...

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #926 on: May 31, 2014, 06:28:23 AM »
Don't worry, he has the mustache.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #927 on: May 31, 2014, 06:33:50 AM »
I'm literally excited to watch luan just do flat ground tricks.  Give him a SOTY
where is home?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #928 on: May 31, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »
Wack he won on a combination of varial flips, but the fact he did everything at warp speed and waist high more than balances out. I hope Luan wins it all, he does it all so proper.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #929 on: May 31, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
Really doesn't matter what happens because Luan already won the tournament.