Author Topic: bobby worrest interview on vice  (Read 3542 times)

Exposure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: bobby worrest interview on vice
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Dude, getting charged with assault on a police officer because the cop chasing after you broke his ankle is fucked. I bet the cops over there in D.C. Are such assholes to skaters.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 05:35:28 PM »
that is pretty bad. in california if you and your friend do a felony and a cop shoots your friend you get charged w/ murder. cops are bad everywhere. i think the trick to pulaski is skate when it's crowded. the old 'you don't have to outrun the bear you just have to outrun your friends' thing.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »
me and a couple homies got chased some years ago from air & space museum ledges by a park cop on a horse about 6 blocks before we got caught and she said we assaulted her by running away...which made our tickets $75..hahaha

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »
Hey Chris Nieratko - pulaski always being a "complete and total bust" guess you weren't there from 93-~97 and some pockets in between that it was a free for all paradise. heads guzzling 40's and puffing L's w/o fear, MLK cool disco dan era. understandable romanticism but not true.

Yu Dum

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »
Dude, getting charged with assault on a police officer because the cop chasing after you broke his ankle is fucked. I bet the cops over there in D.C. Are such assholes to skaters.
You're right about cops being assholes to skaters. The one time that I've been there, I almost had my board impounded and almost got a ticket.

Sheffledge

• Rep: -109
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Hey Chris Nieratko - pulaski always being a "complete and total bust" guess you weren't there from 93-~97 and some pockets in between that it was a free for all paradise. heads guzzling 40's and puffing L's w/o fear, MLK cool disco dan era. understandable romanticism but not true.

Ron B

• Rep: 9
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 07:15:34 PM »
I like how the shout out for Kalis & Stevie turned into bum sex talk.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 01:53:39 AM »
Wait Chima ollie the wall at Pulaski too?

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:15:40 AM »
ender
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

silkyjohnson

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:39:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ender

Rad! but kinda jacked he took out what would've been a heavy trick for JLAY in the vans video for an internet clip.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 03:21:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
ender

[close]
Rad! but kinda jacked he took out what would've been a heavy trick for JLAY in the vans video for an internet clip.
especially since they're both in the vans vid
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 08:34:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
ender

[close]
[close]

And what was with the filming there? Following him like he was doing a line but there's no other tricks, and you couldn't even see how big the gap is at that angle. If you're gonna film someone ollieing that thing at least get an angle that does it some justice.

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 10:21:56 AM »
When I lived in RVA and made constant trips up to DC to skate I saw some ridiculous stuff done by the park police. The chasing skaters down the street thing has already been mentioned, but I've seen cops go in reverse down a one way street and fender check skaters as they're skating or running away. I've seen cops confiscate bags that were left at freedom under the guise of "9/11 and terrorism concerns." A tactic I've seen a lot was, in order to ticket skaters that would park their cars on the side of freedom (where parking is allowed) was to peer through the window and write a B.S. parking ticket if there were any skateboards in the car.

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
ender

[close]
[close]
[close]

And what was with the filming there? Following him like he was doing a line but there's no other tricks, and you couldn't even see how big the gap is at that angle. If you're gonna film someone ollieing that thing at least get an angle that does it some justice.

yeah the filming for Chima's was terrible, even the photo of Jlay's made it look so much gnarlier.. isn't there an interview with one of them where they discuss the both of them doing it?? I bet Jlay's will be in the intro to the Vans video now, maybe intro ender or somethin like that, i'm sure his is way more powerful looking.. chima soared that shit, still dope as fuck but is it jus me or did he look like his tail hit or somethin

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 11:24:32 AM »
Sick bobby interview though, he's been one of my favorites for years now.. such a skaters skater. Stoked to see whatever he comes out with next, would be hyped to see some more sw bs tails on handrails! plaza skating is by far the best and most enjoyable to watch in footage anyways, in my opinion

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 06:07:02 AM »
Bummed got bumped to the 2nd page before i even knew it existed, but also kinda glad the Bianca Chandon thread got bumped too though...I agree with that last line in the interview its definitely great knowing where the homies will be skating on a saturday morning/afternoon when your younger because everyone knows the spot.. it goes unsaid, i miss that.

djtraceman610

• Rep: 38
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 06:20:09 AM »
That shout out was on point. when the weather's nice you know all the homies will be at the spot. I'm always excited rolling up and seeing people skating, filming, chillin, drinking a beer or whatever. Getting up on saturday morning and not having to hit anybody up to see where they're skating because you already know. one of the best things about having a local plaza