Author Topic: How to Differentiate Between a Real Skater and a Poser Skater  (Read 19794 times)

MostlyLurkin'

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
Re: How to Differentiate Between a Real Skater and a Poser Skater
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 03:06:42 AM »
"Real skateboarders don't even wear brand tees every day. They tend to shop specific brands, too, such as DC, Element, Hurley, and Volcom."

Yeah, you just know people supporting those brands are real as fuck. Especially Hurley.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
hahahaha.

in a related/unrelated comment, half of the cool kids in skateboarding right now are posers. the only thing that makes a true skateboarder is having fun

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »
The word poser brings me back to 2001, and the most accurate description is a skater who hasn't taken 2 serious slams. Slams that take you out of skating for a while. My cousin told me that when we were playing THPS bail videos on PS1

If you can't watch this video without thinking; " some of these aren't even that bad" then you are a poser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULanOgeFXRo

shark tits

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
real skaters listen to G' n R. posers listen to poison. i think it's spelled poseur.

Fugga

• Rep: -4
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »
They never go outside. Well how the heck can you skate if you never go outside?!

truth

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
You cant fake the way you step onto a board. If your a real skater you cant tell

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »
Real skaters do hard drugs, so all you posers should get your health insurance game up so you can fail outpatient and qualify for a bed in an inpatient facility before your friends find out how big.of a pussy you are.

If you ever quit the drugs, you've earned the right to be a seasoned vet. This affords you the ability to sit on the ledge and smoke a pack and a half while telling all the posers how shitty skating has become, and make sure to throw some back in thebday shit so they know you really know what's up. Ex. John montesi never fit in with the rest of those curb bonking tail draggers on new deal, you ever heard of all that? I thought not.....

#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »
this is what ya foo's really need
http://www.wikihow.com/Impress-a-Girl-With-a-Skateboard

I've used this same technique on the fellas and it has hooked me so much cock it would make your head swim.

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »
did some research and im glad to say im not a poser anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmeu_fm-fOA

not sure which one was borknasty, or if they were posers, but that was pretty tight
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Look at the girl and point to her while you do the trick, make sure you can land the trick! "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!

Land a trick and a bitch at the same time.  The swag wars is about the hit critical mass soon...

Poisson Random Variable

• Rep: -21
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »
I usually ask something along the lines of whether or not every solution of Ax=b is a least-squares solution when b is in the column space of A.
Mixed results

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:26 PM »
I usually ask something along the lines of whether or not every solution of Ax=b is a least-squares solution when b is in the column space of A.
Mixed results

I know this is stupid cuz you can be a true skater without staying in touch with topical skate media. BUT, just by asking someone who their top 5 favorite skaters are, or what their favorite tricks in videos or in real life, can GUARANTEE your answer. if they say jaws,shane oneill,andrew reynolds,prod, and koston....theyre most likely a skate life- lingerer as i like to call them. i mean theres lots of people who are obsessed with sports and dont play. i plan to be the same way about skating even when i cant anymore....but thats beside the point sorry for goin slight OT
try to remember, forget

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 11:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've used this same technique on the fellas and it has hooked me so much cock it would make your head swim.

The handstand or the old school tricks that have no name?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

• Rep: -42
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 12:27:32 AM »
Only in high school did I meet the types of people this article addresses.  Dudes who wore skate brand clothes but barely skated, or didn't skate at all.  I would assume it was mainly to get chicks.

I'm almost 25 years of age now.  Posers don't exist at this age.  It's either you skate, or you don't...and even if they did exist, they would only be cheating themselves, because skateboarding from around 20 on gets progressively uncool to society.  Plus all the chicks who liked sk8r bois in high school have probably moved on to trying to fuck rich lawyers.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 06:15:57 AM »
Real skateboarders don't wear brand tees. They were blank ones, Mickey Mouse ones, Simpsons ones, and own every black sabbath t-shirt, and also that one generic slayer t-shirt.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 07:53:29 AM »
Only in high school did I meet the types of people this article addresses.  Dudes who wore skate brand clothes but barely skated, or didn't skate at all.  I would assume it was mainly to get chicks.

I'm almost 25 years of age now.  Posers don't exist at this age.  It's either you skate, or you don't...and even if they did exist, they would only be cheating themselves, because skateboarding from around 20 on gets progressively uncool to society.  Plus all the chicks who liked sk8r bois in high school have probably moved on to trying to fuck rich lawyers.

Do chicks want to fuck security guards that skate?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »
real skaters start conversations with other skaters "back in my day"

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
Expand Quote
"if the person you are interrogating only knows who Tony Hawk, Bam, and Ryan Sheckler are, then they're hopeless. If they mention Arto Saari, Geoff Rowley, Chris Borkoski, Ali Boulala, or any other skater other than Hawk, Bam, and Sheckler, then good!"

Aww, man, I must be a poser. I don't even know who Chris Borkoski is.....
[close]

I thought i was the only one, i was like ummmm who???
Guy named Chris B. used to work at the law firm my mom worked at....

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The handstand or the old school tricks that have no name?

Those work great. Or I'll use the line, "Hey there. My name's Daniel. I put the 'bone' in 'boneless'." And then I wink at 'em.

olden intheway

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »
Dress like a skater to get chicks? Fuck me!
 Back in the day (see what I did there) a skateboard was bona-fide chick repellent

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 05:07:51 AM »
Real skateboarders don't wear brand tees. They were blank ones, Mickey Mouse ones, Simpsons ones, and own every black sabbath t-shirt, and also that one generic slayer t-shirt.

Wow... pretty much!!

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Look at the girl and point to her while you do the trick, make sure you can land the trick! "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!

Couldn't get more than a few sentences in to the first article. Obviously, if you're worried about someone else being a "poser" then you're either 12 years old and just stoked out on the movie Thrashin' for the first time, or you're a raging scene imposter yourself.

The second article is far more interesting, but I found myself confused about some things. Like this dismount method:
"Getting off: The most stylish dismount is to slow down to a comfortable speed then with your front foot, step off the front of the board and with your back foot,step on the nose making the board pop up (as in a nollie). catch the board as it becomes vertical behind you and continue to walk with a swagger."
The accompanying drawing just showed a dude setting up for a frontside nollie heel, then he was carrying his board. Magical.

Lastly, this is something that every skater has down and perfected:
Act like you aren't trying to impress anyone, and that you do this casually.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!
[close]

Couldn't get more than a few sentences in to the first article. Obviously, if you're worried about someone else being a "poser" then you're either 12 years old and just stoked out on the movie Thrashin' for the first time, or you're a raging scene imposter yourself.

The second article is far more interesting, but I found myself confused about some things. Like this dismount method:
"Getting off: The most stylish dismount is to slow down to a comfortable speed then with your front foot, step off the front of the board and with your back foot,step on the nose making the board pop up (as in a nollie). catch the board as it becomes vertical behind you and continue to walk with a swagger."

I've been working on this trick for weeks. I got the motion down but walking with swagger is really hard

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

yapple dapple

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Me too.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
"if the person you are interrogating only knows who Tony Hawk, Bam, and Ryan Sheckler are, then they're hopeless. If they mention Arto Saari, Geoff Rowley, Chris Borkoski, Ali Boulala, or any other skater other than Hawk, Bam, and Sheckler, then good!"

thats exactly what I thought

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2014, 09:48:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
thats exactly what I thought
the man, the myth, the legend
https://www.facebook.com/chris.borkoski.7?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 10:01:06 AM »
real skaters start conversations with other skaters "back in my day"

I feel like thats how every conversation starts with an "I used to skate" person...

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
So I know who brokowski but I'm still not stopping skating in parking lots. Gotta stick to ur roots- Rodney Mullen
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!
[close]

[close]

I've been working on this trick for weeks. I got the motion down but walking with swagger is really hard

Try to step of in a backside motion and then snap the nose with your back foot while your in the motion. Might look even more stupid, but feels like swag.
I did that for a few years, until someone told and showed me how stupid it looks.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!
[close]

[close]

[close]

Try to step of in a backside motion and then snap the nose with your back foot while your in the motion. Might look even more stupid, but feels like swag.
I did that for a few years, until someone told and showed me how stupid it looks.

Exactly how I feel about public erections.