Author Topic: Collecting/wall hanging question  (Read 1496 times)

dillanharp

Collecting/wall hanging question
« on: March 23, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »
I have a few new boards for the collection that are still in plastic, that once we move are going up on the wall.  What are some thoughts on leaving them in the plastic vs. taking them out? The seal will obviously be broken when I hang them.  Other boards I have hanging are still in plastic, some are not, but I'm not really concerned about it with them as much as these new ones. Thanks.

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Collecting/wall hanging question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
shrimk wrap or not means nothing. people might get old boards shrink wraped before they sell it, so i'd say as long as the graphic looks good a potential buyer wouldn't care about shrin wrap.

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »
Out of 18 boards on my wall currently,only 5 are in shrink wrap.I usually remove it.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
i would take it out of the plastic. you want to be able to see the board for all it is.

you wouldnt hang a painting on the wall with shrink wrap over it, right?

if you ever decide to sell it:

shrimk wrap or not means nothing. people might get old boards shrink wraped before they sell it, so i'd say as long as the graphic looks good a potential buyer wouldn't care about shrin wrap.

plankskate

• Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
Some heat transfers will actually be damaged by being left in the shrink.  The shrink will stick to the deck and leave marks on it.   It's best to take them out of shrink and let them breath.   Old screen printed decks seem to be fine left in shrink.  I recently took the shrink off a 23 year old deck and there were no issues.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
I wouldn't want to look at shrink wrap. If anything I would be more concerned about humidity and direct sunlight. Ultimately who gives a shit, though.

Dead Art Collective

• Rep: -6
    • Dead Artist Collective avatar image
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »
Take it out of the shrink wrap and get a normal picture hanger and run a shoe lace of the same color through the top two holes thats the best way I have had mine up like that for 3 years now and they look good as new
Wasting my life writing a blog for no one about everything
www.deadartistcollective.com