Author Topic: "wigger"  (Read 5863 times)

red curb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "wigger"
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »

The first scene exemplifies my thoughts on this whole subject.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 11:27:33 AM »
"I was born a poor black child" - Navin R. Johnson

shuvit

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 12:35:16 PM »

shuvit

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 12:41:01 PM »
wigga or wigger?

fuckin whoever says that shit? it is always racist white people who say wigger. you know it. nobody else cares. just those KKK types

[

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 02:03:44 PM »
just call then cheazy e's
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Bruce Wayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »
tolerance schmolerance
sometimes the "things" and "friends" you enjoy the most, will hurt you the most, and play an ultimate factor in how you leave this earth.
-sheffledge
half of you probably cant even tre.

skatemore,man

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2006, 03:30:43 PM »
race terms separate- we're all people for fucks sake.
Work with people, white, black, whomever, from whereever, we're all the same. Some folks have had different experiences that have served to form who they are. who gives a shit?

white, black, wigger, nigger, fuck it all. Until i started working with kids from underpriveleged communities on a daily basis i might not have understood this mess, fuck it all. Talk about human separation... how bout "brother, sister, fucktard" jesus christ.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »
Any word covering race is pretty iffy. I don't think wigger is really that offensive, but I feel "turd" or "douchetron 5000" are more than acceptable, maybe even better substitutes.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2006, 05:44:53 PM »
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2006, 08:11:09 PM »
i called a bunch of people wiggers once...got it all wrong..i thought it meant people who like 'wig' out.... seriously....

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
Can you stop posting those stupidass cat pictures?  They are NOT FUNNY.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2006, 09:01:11 PM »

"Lord loves a workin' man, don't trust whitey."

goldenyears

• Rep: 9
  • whoop whoop! im a juggalo
    • cobra swagger avatar image
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2006, 12:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I have always viewed the term "wigger" to hold just as much negativity and hatred as "nigger". I don't think I will ever understand why some people think it is ok to use one term and not the other.
[close]

Have to agree with you on this.

um have to disagree with you on this
Faggot style

goldenyears

• Rep: 9
  • whoop whoop! im a juggalo
    • cobra swagger avatar image
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2006, 12:06:57 AM »
BRILLIANT  AND MIND OPENING TOPIC YOU STUPID FUCKKKS

whoa where did that come from?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:08:45 AM by goldenyears »
Faggot style

fuckingvegan

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2006, 07:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wondering how long it would take for someone to get this, one of the best movies ever.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2006, 08:36:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wondering how long it would take for someone to get this, one of the best movies ever.

Agreed, so so good.

fettsvette

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2006, 11:53:19 AM »
Can you stop posting those stupidass cat pictures?  They are NOT FUNNY.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2006, 02:53:46 PM »
i called a bunch of people wiggers once...got it all wrong..i thought it meant people who like 'wig' out.... seriously....
I suppose that, or people who consistently wear wigs (Like the founding fathers of the U.S.) would be the only non-racist way of using that.
Race exists, but its a social construct and the result of incorrect thinking that different races of people evolved independently in different regions of the world. The idea of race still exists in society though. We are all part of the human race, but when somebody asks you what race you are, you know what they mean.
P.C. is a term people only tend to use when they are intolerant to some degree and are down on others who are for it. The  p.c. term for a p.c. person is "tolerant."
Wigger obviously has racist roots and is a term for a racist state of mind. I'm pretty sure there isn't a set style for black people, that is limited to black people (well, I guess FUBU kind of is). It seems like a term of intolerance that judges black people as lower in some way. To me it seems like somebody might as well say "He acts like such a ni**er (sorry, I really don't like even typing that word)." when they say that.
With that said, I don't think that you necessarily are racist if you use that word. It was popularized by racists for sure, but overtime I think it has been accepted and used by people who don't realize the connotation of what they are saying. Somebody might say a kid in a ghetto gown and a new era hat is a wigger, just because that has been the way people characterize that style. But that is why discussions such as this one are good. When you talk about it, people realize  what they are saying means, and how others feel about it. After that point it does become a conscious decision, and using it becomes racist.

Speaking of etymologies, did you know that the term "cracker" when used on white people does NOT originate from the idea of something that is white and has no flavor? It is actually the shortening of "whip-cracker," a reference to slavery ownership. Seems a little more intense of a thing to say once you know what it means.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

uruquay

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »

Speaking of etymologies, did you know that the term "cracker" when used on white people does NOT originate from the idea of something that is white and has no flavor? It is actually the shortening of "whip-cracker," a reference to slavery ownership. Seems a little more intense of a thing to say once you know what it means.
funny, i was having a discussion about that today and that was what i believed while my friend had heard the first version.  i knew it sounded right but had no idea where i heard it.  glad to know i was right like always. 
love,
kev

your friend

E.l.G

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 02:13:58 AM »
This is rediculous.

uruquay

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 03:09:20 AM »
oh "red", i get it you got probs with indians too.

golgo13

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2006, 09:40:17 AM »
i think homies is more appropriate these days. i remember growing up only the brothers who dressed a certian way, and us honkeys were cheesy and lacking rythym,tucked our shirts in and had big combs sticking out of our back pockets. slowly some white dudes started trying to dress like them, and the term wigger was born. if you think about it, its beyond dated now. its more just being thugged out or ghetto around here. noone i know has even used the word wigger in years. and besides, the urban culture has exploded in the last 10 years. clothing,music,lifestyle. you think lrg and southpole are so big for no reason?whoever said wigger was a redneck term nailed it head on. although i do giggle when i see some skinny little white dude with his hair braided, wearing some velour rocca wear sweatsuit talking all thug like. but times change and as a society we need to realize that its a new day, and everyone has a right to act how they want to,but it doesnt mean we can't chuckle to ourselves about it.

Inside Looking Out

• Rep: 0
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »
Some people take PC overboard here...

fuckingvegan

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2006, 09:57:28 AM »

No such thing as PC, it is a made up term that right wing nut jobs who don't want to respect people different then them use to put down people who want a better more tolerant world.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2006, 10:29:49 AM »
Vegan's comments aside (agreed, btw), I don't think you can really apply the PC paintbrush to the Slap forums (were there truly such a thing).

Too much hilariously wrong shit going on over here.

isaac

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2006, 10:48:16 AM »
whitey has been copying what black folk do for centuries. it's jelousy pure and simple.

Inside Looking Out

• Rep: 0
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2006, 11:56:42 AM »
Well, I mean as far as this discussion goes. Calling someone a wigger isn't calling them a white nigger by today's slang terms, though it may look that way. Wigger has no hateful connotation to it, unless saying someone may look silly is hateful. I can't see where you can think it is just as bad as calling someone a nigger. It is somewhat as ludicrous as someone saying "saying darn or dang instead of damn is just as bad", when obviously both take on different feelings/meanings.

uruquay

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »
i don't know that you're qualified to speak on behalf of all of the people using the term "wigger".  it is derived from the word "nigger".  full blown, slave owning, racists used the term "white nigger" long ago.  it has now been shortened to "wigger".  if you don't like it, stop saying it, you lazy fucks and make up your own word.  or admit you're just a little bit racist.  you're ashamed of these white kids acting like damn niggers.  lazy or racist, either way you look like an idiot.