Author Topic: Privilege Test  (Read 8191 times)

shitsandwich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Re: Privilege Test
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 12:17:45 PM »
I got 60 but I tried to keep it more realistic. Like for example when they asked if I've ever been called a racial slur, i put no. I have been called a beaner or other things but only jokingly so it doesn't really count.

I don't think I've ever really experienced legit racism/discrimination to where it affects me, so I'm pretty thankful for that, but maybe its just cus im 20 and live in southern California. 

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 12:34:17 PM »
I got 60 but that's bullshit, I am 100 percent privileged. I grew up on the West Coast of the United States, one of the richest regions on the planet.

shark tits

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
I got 60 but that's bullshit, I am 100 percent privileged. I grew up on the West Coast of the United States, one of the richest regions on the planet.
i didn't think of that but i guess the test is not adjusted for first world bias. we all prolly could've started at 40 or something just for being in america, maybe another 40 if you've got all your limbs. rusty, that story was horrible. sorry you had to go through that, first world or not, things are bad all over. maybe just a lot worse in other places.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »
I got 60 but I tried to keep it more realistic. Like for example when they asked if I've ever been called a racial slur, i put no. I have been called a beaner or other things but only jokingly so it doesn't really count.

I don't think I've ever really experienced legit racism/discrimination to where it affects me, so I'm pretty thankful for that, but maybe its just cus im 20 and live in southern California. 
I don't believe you unless you're white.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
I've got 79/100

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »
 i thought i was a little better off than that, fuck.

Edit:
some of these questions are kinda backwards.
ex 1. am not nervous in airport security lines.
   Is that pushed at race? Because I'm white and I get nervous as shit! "what if they find my drugs, what if someone goes loco up in the air, what if someone starts shooting up the airport"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:07:37 PM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Tay

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »
29 points. I still feel privileged. My hard years are behind me.  :)

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 03:10:01 PM »

Edit:
   Is that pushed at race? Because I'm white and I get nervous as shit! "what if they find my drugs, what if someone goes loco up in the air, what if someone starts shooting up the airport"

That hit me wierd too. I have been pulled aside at every check point since 9/11. I'm white as fuck with dark brown eyebrows btw.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
100/100

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 08:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Edit:

[close]
That hit me wierd too. I have been pulled aside at every check point since 9/11. I'm white as fuck with dark brown eyebrows btw.
What do eyebrows have to do with anything, and who doesn't have dark brown eyebrows?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 02:55:49 AM »
people with cancer

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 03:47:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edit:

[close]
[close]
What do eyebrows have to do with anything, and who doesn't have dark brown eyebrows?

Tay

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 04:41:27 AM »

Edit:

I think it's aimed at whether you feel homogeneous with other Americans or not. People with vilified traits score lower: race, sexual orientation, gender identity / intersexed conditions, sexual harassment, poverty etc.

I dislike the whole check your privilege Tumblr social justice warrior thing though. We have it great. Proof: http://www.globalrichlist.com

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • tiger style
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 05:39:31 AM »
"I've never been told I sound white"

yeah, really objective

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 07:15:26 AM »
Expand Quote
How does it not make sense? Do you need someone to explain to you what privilege is?
[close]
One of them that confused me was something along the lines of buying new clothes every month...does anybody do that? I would imagine there are plenty of people richer than god that don't.

yep. they called fuccbois.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »

yeah, really objective
Have you ever been told you sound white?
Also, you just object to racial privilege as a concept, which means of course you are going to disagree with many of the questions.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • tiger style
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »
No but I've been told I sound like a yank. This survey assumes whites can't be discriminated against which is both wrong and narrow minded

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

shark tits

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »
No but I've been told I sound like a yank. This survey assumes whites can't be discriminated against which is both wrong and narrow minded
ha, i usedta get that in la, but i'd just act puzzled and be like 'nah, i'm a red sock, we hate the yankees' and they'd usually let it go. i've been called 'white boy' a million times growing up too.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »

yeah, really objective
I don't understand what your objection to this is. Surely you can understand the impetus for that particular question. How many times have you seen/heard of a black man being praised for "speaking so well", or not talking like "them", or being one of the "good ones"? On the flip side I can tell you that it is very alienating when people of your own race hold it against you for "talking/acting white". It is a distinct disadvantage to be ostracized from your own community while at the same time having to prove yourself to the majority that you're not truly different and a part of the community at large. Let me tell you something. When I call out ignorant worldstar hip hop modern day minstrel show behavior, or so much as understand it's significance, and I am called a "fake ass nigga" for it, it fucking hurts. When a person that I've known for years, but never had a real conversation finally has a talk with me, and his face changes to one of utter surprise because I can express myself without saying nigga ever other sentence, it fucking hurts. When I was in court because I fought off a man who ended up being an "undercover trolley security officer" attacked my brother and falsified his report of the event to the point of making me sound like a '70s pimp/gangster, it fucking hurt. And after the judge perused the report at the arraignment looked at me and immediately assumed I was guilty and called me a wannabe gangsta thug, it fucking hurt.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »
And no, the survey doesn't assume white people can't be discriminated against. Understanding that being white in a white world is usually an advantage does not suggest in any way that discrimination against whites is not possible.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
sleazy you are a fucking joke.

yeah dude, i'm sure life in australia would have been much easier for you if you were an aboriginal instead of a white american.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
sleazy's world view:

where being told you sound like an american because YOU ARE AMERICAN AND YOU NO DOUBT HAVE AN AMERICAN ACCENT

is the same as being black and being told 'you sound white'

shark tits

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
Expand Quote

yeah, really objective
[close]
I don't understand what your objection to this is. Surely you can understand the impetus for that particular question. How many times have you seen/heard of a black man being praised for "speaking so well", or not talking like "them", or being one of the "good ones"? On the flip side I can tell you that it is very alienating when people of your own race hold it against you for "talking/acting white". It is a distinct disadvantage to be ostracized from your own community while at the same time having to prove yourself to the majority that you're not truly different and a part of the community at large. Let me tell you something. When I call out ignorant worldstar hip hop modern day minstrel show behavior, or so much as understand it's significance, and I am called a "fake ass nigga" for it, it fucking hurts. When a person that I've known for years, but never had a real conversation finally has a talk with me, and his face changes to one of utter surprise because I can express myself without saying nigga ever other sentence, it fucking hurts. When I was in court because I fought off a man who ended up being an "undercover trolley security officer" attacked my brother and falsified his report of the event to the point of making me sound like a '70s pimp/gangster, it fucking hurt. And after the judge perused the report at the arraignment looked at me and immediately assumed I was guilty and called me a wannabe gangsta thug, it fucking hurt.
i think you oughtta say 'nigga' more. nah, but sorry ya had to go through that shit w/ the trolley guy. the nomenclature is different but they character assassinate everyone they're trying to put a case on and my buddy had a judge tell him 'i find it to be a travesty of justice that you have never served time in a state facility' when he's never even been convicted of a felony. i laugh about it and try to say 'travesty of justice' every day as a result but he was wicked upset about it.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »
So we're going to just keep posting scores and not acknowledge the fact that Rusty wuz raped?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »
Expand Quote
So we're going to just keep posting scores and not acknowledge the fact that Rusty wuz raped?
[close]
I didn't want to bring attention to that for a couple reasons. I don't know how trustworthy Rusty's words or persona is, and I don't want to talk about his dreadfully painful event with a bunch of strangers unless he says more about it himself.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:24 PM »
42, but some of the questions were iffy.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »

Edit:

Every time I go to the airport I'm really glad they are checking out the towel heads extra carefully.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote

Edit:
? ? ? Is that pushed at race? Because I'm white and I get nervous as shit! "what if they find my drugs, what if someone goes loco up in the air, what if someone starts shooting up the airport"

[close]

Every time I go to the airport I'm really glad they are checking out the towel heads extra carefully.

focus your account/life
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:37:49 PM by Exposure »
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks