Author Topic: "Flick"  (Read 1614 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
"Flick"
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
Is this even a real thing?

Every shoe review I read now sings the praises of that particular model's great "flick". This is usually a trait associated with pointy toes, except of course when the toe is not pointy but that particular shoe still has "great flick".

This really seems like a gimmick. Hell, the last time I had kickflips on lock I was probably wearing Cab 5s and there are any number of mid 2000's moon shoes that people were able to flick just fine. Daewon did ok in his first 10 models...
I think the skinnier toes look better but that is about it.

What do you think? Do you have trouble flipping with a rounded toe?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "Flick"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »
It's one of those things that is subjective, like most aspects of art, it means different things to different people. In my experience with shoes that I noticed didn't "flick" well were models that had either a) very wide toe-box, or b) were leather.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 04:14:12 AM »
I feel the same way about boardfeel. People were fine skating in the late 90s and early 2000s in fuckin moonboots and D3s. Es had some of the most insane shoes ever in that era, and guys like TX and Ronnie were doing flip in flip out shit no problem.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:36:43 AM »
It's one of those things that is subjective, like most aspects of art, it means different things to different people. In my experience with shoes that I noticed didn't "flick" well were models that had either a) very wide toe-box, or b) were leather.

Damn straight. Suede = flick.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 05:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn straight. Suede = flick.
Soooo you are not a vegan?

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:56 AM »
Uh, synthetic nubuck = flick...? I'm not, I just like the way those two word sound together.  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:34:15 AM by AsianVegan »