Author Topic: RHCP hate  (Read 6100 times)

tehmizzark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: RHCP hate
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 05:50:07 PM »
i like sublime but cant stand rhcp's trash

joke account

biggums mcgee

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 07:36:05 PM »
I don't know exactly what to think about the song 'Havana Affair'...

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 10:47:37 PM »
for those in california. or intedning on going to disneyland, space moutain now features music by your favorite band.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

toobr00tal

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 07:42:44 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I used to like bands like this (RHCP, 311, Sublime)  a lot when I was younger, but now I can't fucking stand them (Sublime is good for nostalgia).  I think the reason I can't deal with them anymore is the fact that everyone I know that is still all about 'em is into all that jam band, take off your shoes and talk about making a difference garbage.  I would much rather listen to Bob Seeger.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »
there's music that sounds wack and music that sounds chauncy (which is almost worse).  rhcp, sublime, 311 fall under the chauncy category.  also most underground hip hop (like heiruspecs) is chauncy, and same with most of the music my friends make.  (OHHH)

skatemore,man

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »
man is 311 bad. a girl i was talking to asked to go see them, so i went. I remembered them being a fun show back in junior high you know, but shit, it was the worst show i've seen in years, worse than when i was dragged to godsmack.

sublime fans and jamband fans can fall in line together cause smoking pot and boogying to tunes is always a blast. i'm not really into the tour thing anymore, but travelling around catching shows, skating new spots, finding hot women, doing drugs, in one fell swoop....if you can't enjoy that, i don't know where you're head is at.

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2007, 08:40:14 PM »
right on skatemore,man, right on.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »
"smoking pot and boogying to tunes" is definitely a "blast"

damian

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 10:19:23 PM »
sublime disgusts me.

Mackattack

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 10:37:40 PM »
ready anthonys autobiography, then tell me all his retardation isn't justified

give me and example of retardation justification on his part

Elementality

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 09:45:07 AM »
the chilis are better than most of that hip hop shit nowadays.

• Rep: 48
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »
Don't blame the weed.  I used to smoke the hell out, but once my friends put in sublime or dave matthews or widespread panic or any other jam band bullshit, I'd make any excuse to live.  This shit harshes the mellow.  RHCP is like the Rolling Stones.  Their early shit was so much better when they were drugged out all the time.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

SR Junky

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 08:46:54 PM »
the chilis are better than most of that hip hop shit nowadays.

thats coming from someone who probably thinks BAM had the best part in your namesake.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2007, 08:35:18 AM »
Expand Quote
ready anthonys autobiography, then tell me all his retardation isn't justified
[close]

give me and example of retardation justification on his part

"According to his memoir, his father introduced him to drugs at an early age (7). He also lost his virginity to his father's 18 year old girlfriend, Kimberly, at the age of 11."

thats gonna fuck you up a little

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2007, 08:59:31 AM »
That's Cali for ya!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

hair_this_raw

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »
They where a really good band in the mid 80's but have not made a decent album in over 15 years. They should of called it quits many years ago.

i bet their bank accounts agree

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007, 08:55:37 AM »
They where a really good band in the mid 80's but have not made a decent album in over 15 years. They should of called it quits many years ago.
Freaky Styley was one of the best albums ever... that was mid/late 80's I think? Anyway, that was the last Chili Peppers album that I loved as a whole... I really dug on a numbr of individual songs they've done since, but as an album, FS was  really really good.

BUCKTOWN

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »
I'm reading anthony's autobiography right now (only at the part where he is just forming RHCP) and its really been getting me going.  yeaghh dudeeee.  you were so rock and roll, shooing up speedballs, going on crazy binges with flea in LA,  nailing everything,  starting a funk rock n roll band to express their crazy lives through music and doing it souly for the love;not to get sighned (because he was anti-everything including making money he claims), fighting (but never loosing a fight), and of coarse skateboarding ditches/banks because thats what u do when ur anti everything man.
"It was all about skateboarding and smoking pot.  Some days we could get pot, and some days we couldn't.  But we could always skateboard.  Up to that point, all of my skateboarding had just been street skating for transportation, and jumping of curbs, basically getting where I had to go WITH A MODICUM OF STYLE IN THE WAY I RODE; really, it was as functional as it was anything else.  In the early 70's, the sport started to elevate, and people were riding in drainage ditches and along banks and in emptied-out swimming pools.  It was about the same time that the DOG POUND skaters in Santa Monica were taking skateboarding to a new, higher semiprofessional level.  John and I were doing it for fun and challenge."
-Scar Tissue
  Just wanted to hear, from the people that actually read the book, if you think hes comes of a bit too much of a glory hound with all the wild stories in his book.   He seems to be a bit to heavy on his own nuts.  All the details on his youth seem way over aggerated.
Now who don't believe that cash must rule.
I don't eat beef, I slap blood out of purdue
-ghostface

supermoonunit

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2007, 11:21:06 AM »
anthony clitoris is a grown man and hes up there going "skeep bop addicted to the shindig" and hes serious about it, its embarassing.

man i seriously loled on this one...i can picture his stupid face skat-singing in my head right now. 

also,   i hate sublime.  ive never liked them and all the 420 lifestyle kids just dont understand...i once had to sit through a story that went something like this  "we were  totally kicking back and smoking a jay in my garage when my neighbor whos a retired cop starts yelling telling us were wasting our brains and shit dude,  so after we finish we grab something to eat and get in my car and blast 'i want to kill a cop' by sublime right outside his house,  it was fuckin sick"

defiantnate

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2007, 11:23:24 AM »
RHCP fucking suck, worst ever, but I do like some Sublime shit.

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »
Ahh man I hate sublime with a passion, yesterday at school I was doing some reading outside and this stupid dickface dressed in a cow costume and an acoustic guitar started playing sublime. for the first time in a long time I wanted some steak.

wbzskate311

• Rep: -21
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »
I don't get why people would hate the Chili Peppers so much.  I love their music (not all of it), but they've put out some pretty good albums.  By The Way was good.  You ever gotten stoned and listened to Porcelain?  If not you're missing out.  Soul to Squeeze and Under the Bridge can't be beat either.  Read Anthony Kiedis' autobiography and the songs will make a lot more sense.  Under The Bridge is about his heroin addictions.  I also love Sublime and 311, but I guess that's because I smoke weed.

damian

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »
I don't get why people would hate the Chili Peppers so much.  I love their music (not all of it), but they've put out some pretty good albums.  By The Way was good.  You ever gotten stoned and listened to Porcelain?  If not you're missing out.  Soul to Squeeze and Under the Bridge can't be beat either.  Read Anthony Kiedis' autobiography and the songs will make a lot more sense.  Under The Bridge is about his heroin addictions.  I also love Sublime and 311, but I guess that's because I smoke weed.

the tidal wave is gonna hit your shores so hard, man.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 12:32:38 AM »

any man whose lyrics are intentionally bling bow bong bong bing bing, can not be taken seriously nor should be allowed to make music.

exception wesley willis.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »

lol newsig