Author Topic: Indy stage 10  (Read 8328 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Indy stage 10
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
Apparently indy is making the stage 10's again. I found em on socalskateshop.com
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
Re: Indy stage 10
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:43:37 AM »
Probably old stock.They went to stage 11 for a reason.A bunch of local places have both.Just couldn't move the 10's before the 11's came out

b.v.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »
We found a distro blowing out a bunch of hollow axle 139s so we bought a bunch, they are out there still.
I haven't seen nhs advertise them being back though.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
We found a distro blowing out a bunch of hollow axle 139s so we bought a bunch, they are out there still.
I haven't seen nhs advertise them being back though.

Yea, i got a little excited, i guess socal just has a bunch leftover.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
Why excited? Were they better? How?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
Socal tends too have a huge inventory, thats probably all old stock, but if you like them over stage 11. stock up man

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »

I may be one of the only people on Earth that thinks this, but I LOVED the 10's.  They had that Indy flow and grind but also felt controllable.  The ride height on the 11's just felt so tall and unstable it was hard for me to get a consistent turn.  I switched to some Thunders that are almost worn out now with and will likely stock up on some of these 10's.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I may be one of the only people on Earth that thinks this, but I LOVED the 10's.  They had that Indy flow and grind but also felt controllable.  The ride height on the 11's just felt so tall and unstable it was hard for me to get a consistent turn.  I switched to some Thunders that are almost worn out now with and will likely stock up on some of these 10's.

Exactly this, i loved the stage 10's, but then tried the 11's, and like dude said above me, too tall, and unstable, real heavy too, even for indys. I would stock up on stage 10's from socal, but they only have hollows, and i fucking hate any truck with hollow kingpins.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I may be one of the only people on Earth that thinks this, but I LOVED the 10's.  They had that Indy flow and grind but also felt controllable.  The ride height on the 11's just felt so tall and unstable it was hard for me to get a consistent turn.  I switched to some Thunders that are almost worn out now with and will likely stock up on some of these 10's.
[close]

Exactly this, i loved the stage 10's, but then tried the 11's, and like dude said above me, too tall, and unstable, real heavy too, even for indys. I would stock up on stage 10's from socal, but they only have hollows, and i fucking hate any truck with hollow kingpins.
nhs says they're only  2-8g heavier depending on size

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 12:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I may be one of the only people on Earth that thinks this, but I LOVED the 10's.  They had that Indy flow and grind but also felt controllable.  The ride height on the 11's just felt so tall and unstable it was hard for me to get a consistent turn.  I switched to some Thunders that are almost worn out now with and will likely stock up on some of these 10's.
[close]

Yea, its not a big difference, like i said, the main reason i couldnt get down with the 11's, is cause the way they turn.
[close]
nhs says they're only  2-8g heavier depending on size

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
I will stick with ACE, Indy can't make up it's mind!

b.v.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have a few friends and customers say the same thing. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought them back with a new name.

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »
You can still get the 10.5 forged.They recently came out with a few new color combo's.I have a set and I'm a fan.They grind the same way a set of regular stage 10's.Just lighter.

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »
You can still get the 10.5 forged.They recently came out with a few new color combo's.I have a set and I'm a fan.They grind the same way a set of regular stage 10's.Just lighter.

A Stage 10.5 is really a Stage 11 where it counts, it uses Stage 11 hangers on a Stage 10 forged baseplate: http://independenttrucks.com/stage11faq/

The hanger geometry changed from 10 to 11 but the baseplate did not, it just got a circle around the Indy logo.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »
had a few sets of 10s with bones bushings and they were perfect, never had any problems with bushings or anything but ever since switching to 10.5 ive been going through bushings like crazy. ripped 3 bottom bushings already and its only been a few months
anyone else has the same problem?
Been using Bones mediums for years now and ride them medium-loose and never had any problems till switching

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »
How can you identify the 10.5s? I'm not sure if I have those or 10s. I've never been crazy about them either way...

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
How can you identify the 10.5s? I'm not sure if I have those or 10s. I've never been crazy about them either way...

The manufacturing barcode on the bottom of the truck will say it's 10.5, if it's still on there.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »
I just wish they would bring back the Stage VIII 146. That was the last Indy I really liked, even though they were heavy and the axle slip was atrocious.

Seriously, just dust off that mold and make some trucks that perfectly fit an 8.25 board.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 12:12:47 PM »
had a few sets of 10s with bones bushings and they were perfect, never had any problems with bushings or anything but ever since switching to 10.5 ive been going through bushings like crazy. ripped 3 bottom bushings already and its only been a few months
anyone else has the same problem?
Been using Bones mediums for years now and ride them medium-loose and never had any problems till switching

Yeah holy shit, remember when a set of Bones was a no brainer? One set would last the duration of the trucks, easily. I've had two sets of the 11's now (worst shit ever) and currently now a set of the 10.5. While the 10.5 is SLIGHTLY better because it isn't skyscraper tall, it still has a few of the other big drawbacks. For one it really seems like the 11/10.5 pivot nub is way skinnier than before, but the pivot cup area is exactly the same as before. When the trucks sit at the proper geometry, (stock bushings, after market Indy ones..) the pivot piece shakes all crazy and they flat out feel like shit. People were claiming this was due to faulty pivot cups, but that isn't true. Bones eliminates this problem a bit, because it forces them a little lower, but you fuck bottom bushings up quick. They really seem to have been designed with the Indy 10 geometry in mind. My 10.5s feel alright currently, but they're kind of like an old chevy nova or something where you know you're going to constantly have to be fixing little things. I actually just grabbed two sets of 10's that were old stock, so at least my next two pairs will be okay.

edit: fucking with a man's trucks is a cruel, cruel thing to do. I don't know how they wouldn't have the foresight to see the pivot area problem.. w/e
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:17:03 PM by dirtjers »

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »
yeah they do feel like the pivot piece part of the truck is really not stable, you can really feel how it gives you little to no support and feels shaky loose when you manual.
hope they fix it because its by far the shittiest pair of indys ive ever had..

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »
I went back to Indy (stage 11) from Ace and thought maybe it was just me but reading this and that their geometry is sitting higher gives me hope. I'm gonna search out some stage 10's and see if they feel better.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »
sounds like i'm in the minority for liking my stage 11s. i have the reynolds ones on both my setups with bones meds and they feel great.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 08:38:32 AM »
sounds like i'm in the minority for liking my stage 11s. i have the reynolds ones on both my setups with bones meds and they feel great.
I don't hate them but they're not the Indy I remember before trying Ace.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
I went back to Indy (stage 11) from Ace and thought maybe it was just me but reading this and that their geometry is sitting higher gives me hope. I'm gonna search out some stage 10's and see if they feel better.

Ok, so I decided to give this a try.  Although I wasn't feeling any real noticeable problems with my stage 11s, I did every once and a while get a "weird turn" especially when hauling around in transition...so, I decided to frankenstein a set of stage 10 Reynolds hollow hangers together with some stage 10 Koston forged baseplates (effectively recreating the Kostons).  Anyways, that "weird turn" has been eliminated and my board does feel better.   

This is one of those threads where you were fine before you knew about it...but once you did, you cant go back and start to notice problems.   

Ok, back to life as usual
hardly art, hardly starving

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 02:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok, so I decided to give this a try.  Although I wasn't feeling any real noticeable problems with my stage 11s, I did every once and a while get a "weird turn" especially when hauling around in transition...so, I decided to frankenstein a set of stage 10 Reynolds hollow hangers together with some stage 10 Koston forged baseplates (effectively recreating the Kostons).  Anyways, that "weird turn" has been eliminated and my board does feel better.   

This is one of those threads where you were fine before you knew about it...but once you did, you cant go back and start to notice problems.   

Ok, back to life as usual

Yeah I think you may be right about life being easier without having known about this thread. I've got some stage 9 and maybe even some stage 7 lurking somewhere in the loft so I might try something similar and see how it feels. Skate nerd shit for sure but who cares.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 06:22:13 AM »
anyone know what stage Indy was at in 1995?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 06:31:21 AM »
anyone know what stage Indy was at in 1995?
No idea but if you can track down a buyers guide or warehouse catalogue from the era it will tell you or you're probably best to ask an old mans forum like middleaged shred or the pool riders ones, I think there is one called blue tile dreaming or something like that. Those guys know their Indys.

b.v.

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 07:19:37 AM »
Pretty sure stage 7.
The ones rowley skates maybe?

N.L.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »
I don't understand the Stage 11 hate. If you like turning they are a return to form for Indy with way more KP clearance and aluminum to grind. If they are too high, get the forged baseplates.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »
Pretty sure stage 7.
The ones rowley skates maybe?

yeah, that's what I've surmised as well.  I just have found memories of skating a pair of indys then that lasted 3 years before they were ground down to oblivion.  I remember them dying right before I went to college and being so bummed I was going to move to a new town/scene and have to skate on new trucks.