Author Topic: Ishod's double tail shape!  (Read 3633 times)

soccer mom

Ishod's double tail shape!
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »
Has anyone tried these out. Deluxe finally put his custom shape in the line up. It is an 8.3 (not to be confused with their 8.38) and the nose/tail are exactly the same. I have had 3 so far and I love them. Deluxe has super good wood, and I think real R1's are better  glue than the rest of the deluxe brands standard lay up. I mention this only because were in a moment where people are super stoked on different shapes which is cool, but it's nice to have a solid board under your feet. I highly recommend going out and getting your hands on one of these. Anyone else have any feedback?
http://www.dlxsf.com/spring14/rs/index.php
Sorry, I don't know how to post an image

Rasmus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
Re: Ishod's double tail shape!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:57:24 PM »
these type of boards are something that my mind has boggled (you can say that right?) with numerous times.

At first I thought it was sort of weird, that there was a difference between a nose and a tail, but I feel way more comfortable popping with my "switch/nollie foot" when it's on the nose than the tail... so I guess I kind of like to have the difference.

soccer mom

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Sorry, usually won't answer my own post, but I just wanted to say I know the feeling of liking to have a difference in the nose and the tail to I was like that .here is something mentally freeing to know that no matter which way you land you can be straight to business, no shuffling around or having to adjust for the trick. Anyway once your use to it it rules skating lines that you just keep going and going no matter which end.

kiefersutherland

• Rep: -24
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
When I was younger I used to skate my board backwards

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »
this doesn't matter to me because I ride my front truck really loose and my back truck tighter, so regardless riding with them flipped around not skating switch is weird

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »
I rode one of the mystery 'symetry' boards,  they were essentially boards with two noses, didn't like it much. After that, I skated one of the Creature Evil LivE boards which were setup to have neither a nose or a tail size but something in between, much better; essentially the kicks were longer than standard tails and shorter than standard noses.

I couldn't find the model you speak of on the DLX site.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »
riding it right now, really like it. didnt realize it was a twin-tail shape at first, i was simply stoked to finally see a real graphic that wasnt totally hideous.

JAesop

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
I rode one of the mystery 'symetry' boards,  they were essentially boards with two noses, didn't like it much. After that, I skated one of the Creature Evil LivE boards which were setup to have neither a nose or a tail size but something in between, much better; essentially the kicks were longer than standard tails and shorter than standard noses.

I couldn't find the model you speak of on the DLX site.

It's right next to the Ramondetta Lotteria deck. 6.6 nose and tail

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »
If it was thinner I'd buy 10 of them right now.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
stood on one in the shop and couldnt get down with it. i need a board with a real big schnoz that overshadows the tail.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 06:00:53 PM »
those are the best kind of shapes.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »
I like this idea of a double kick shape.

I asked Pontus about getting these in the U.S. and he said it can't happen. Which I find strange, since they get all the other shaped boards over here.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »
Always been curious to skate a mirrored shape, but I think it would drive me mental.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
Anyone got tips for boards with low noses? I still want my nose to be bigger, just with a mellower kick

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »

I asked Pontus about getting these in the U.S. and he said it can't happen. Which I find strange, since they get all the other shaped boards over here.

looks like the OG mike vallely double kick. but with some updated specs.. the mike v board had pretty stubby tail/nose. so it was pretty short.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 07:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

looks like the OG mike vallely double kick. but with some updated specs.. the mike v board had pretty stubby tail/nose. so it was pretty short.
Yeah, I like how it's an updated or throwback to that shape. Also the nose is a bit longer than the tail, so there is a little distinction between them.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 04:51:42 AM »
I've skated that Polar P2 8.375 on the right.  the nose definitely felt longer and much more square than the tail, so it didn't really feel that symmetrical at all (i realize that the specs are not symmetrical anyway, but it seemed much less so than that pic makes it look).  I would like to try that 8.6 tho. 

is this also the Ishod symmetrical shape? http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Real_Wair_Flower_Oval_Deck/descpage-RLWFODK.html

b.v.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 07:30:32 AM »
Anyone got tips for boards with low noses? I still want my nose to be bigger, just with a mellower kick
I take my time measuring the kick of the nose from laying on a flat surface.
PS stix usually have the steepest nose and flattest tail, generator can vary but ive found the flattest noses on reals mellow concave boards.
Anything thats 2 1//4 kick for a nose is mellow, most deluxe boards are 2 3/8 - 2 1/2, tails range from 1 7/8 - 2 1/4
It sounds wacky but worth the time.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 07:38:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
PS stix usually have the steepest nose and flattest tail, generator can vary but ive found the flattest noses on reals mellow concave boards.
Anything thats 2 1//4 kick for a nose is mellow, most deluxe boards are 2 3/8 - 2 1/2, tails range from 1 7/8 - 2 1/4
Is the kick on the tail actually more mellow, or just shorter?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I actually just looked up the mellowthefukout mini site and ordered one from our dist a couple of days ago, but the nose still looked kind of steep when i got it...

Toy Machine seem kind of flat, but I've always heard that their usa made decks are awesome but the chinese ones suck, and even all the pro decks I've seen lately has a "made in china" sticker on the top

weepee

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I actually just looked up the mellowthefukout mini site and ordered one from our dist a couple of days ago, but the nose still looked kind of steep when i got it...

Toy Machine seem kind of flat, but I've always heard that their usa made decks are awesome but the chinese ones suck, and even all the pro decks I've seen lately has a "made in china" sticker on the top

toy machine pro decks made in china?? no way, they are made in mexico

soccer mom

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »
I've skated that Polar P2 8.375 on the right.  the nose definitely felt longer and much more square than the tail, so it didn't really feel that symmetrical at all (i realize that the specs are not symmetrical anyway, but it seemed much less so than that pic makes it look).  I would like to try that 8.6 tho. 

is this also the Ishod symmetrical shape? http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Real_Wair_Flower_Oval_Deck/descpage-RLWFODK.html
Yes sir that's the one. there is also one with a rolling rock beer rip off graphic. Try one out you'll love it

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 11:59:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

toy machine pro decks made in china?? no way, they are made in mexico
maybe it's for the international market or something, but the pro decks we've had in sweden has have a made in china sticker on the plastic at the nose

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 12:57:01 AM »
same for austria with the recent shipment. major bummer.