Author Topic: What happened to aluminum decks?  (Read 6777 times)

Jared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
What happened to aluminum decks?
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
I remember these we're causing a bit of a stir a couple years ago. I think someone won Tampa am with one. Anyone regularly still skate one?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Rusty_Berrings

Re: What happened to aluminum decks?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
pieces of shit. huge waste of money. can't ollie with em and they bend.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 04:53:33 PM »
What Rusty said, plus they sound like shit when you pop

Justin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »
I remember these we're causing a bit of a stir a couple years ago. I think someone won Tampa am with one. Anyone regularly still skate one?
someone won tampa am with one?! wtf. the thing with alluminium skateboards is that they dont break. they just bend and get warped worse then any wal mart board ever could.

stick to the basics my friend.  ;)

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 04:50:23 PM »
nothing beats a shinner caused by an aluminium razor tail.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 11:22:25 PM »
Schmitt made a bumper board and it didn't chip.....

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000011425/magazine/schmitt-likes-candy/

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 05:40:08 AM »
A friend skated one during highschool, man that was probably 14 years ago now. It was the first and only one I have ever seen. The deck was metal but the nose and tail had replaceable wooden ends you could plug into the metal deck.

It didn't snap or chip but it did bend and dent really badly right from the start. The wooden ends were also prone to falling out. Every time he tried a trick the board made a loud sharp clang, it way louder than a normal board. It was a piece of shit.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
Nobody has brought up that Lars Tetens guy that used to advertise in slap? Cannot find any images of those boards, but they looked terrible.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 03:04:07 PM »
A friend skated one during highschool, man that was probably 14 years ago now. It was the first and only one I have ever seen. The deck was metal but the nose and tail had replaceable wooden ends you could plug into the metal deck.

It didn't snap or chip but it did bend and dent really badly right from the start. The wooden ends were also prone to falling out. Every time he tried a trick the board made a loud sharp clang, it way louder than a normal board. It was a piece of shit.

I also posted this in another thread.

They also had ads in transworld... A dude at our park also had one and it sucked.

I really wonder what the brand was...

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 04:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They also had ads in transworld... A dude at our park also had one and it sucked.

I have a vague memory that it was called Aircraft. Can't totally be sure but it sounds about right for a metal deck.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I have a vague memory that it was called Aircraft. Can't totally be sure but it sounds about right for a metal deck.

You are 100% right LandCow, it's all coming back to me now . . .

Not the exact graphics I could remember but here it is . . .

http://www.besportier.com/archives/suspect-aircraft-billet-alumin.html
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"