Author Topic: Antwuan  (Read 16472 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Antwuan
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:54 AM »
I don't get why people want antwaun to come back. He's had his chances and it just seems like he is a shitty human being down to the core. He has no remorse or regrets for the things he's done. The fact that Reynolds and Ellington are backing him is pretty shameful. Especially when baker and Deathwishs general consumer is the youth of skateboarding. You would think since that they are family men themselves the wouldn't want kids to look up to someone like that and think that's the way you should act or that it's cool.

shark tits

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2014, 04:59:54 AM »
I don't get why people want antwaun to come back. He's had his chances and it just seems like he is a shitty human being down to the core. He has no remorse or regrets for the things he's done. The fact that Reynolds and Ellington are backing him is pretty shameful. Especially when baker and Deathwishs general consumer is the youth of skateboarding. You would think since that they are family men themselves the wouldn't want kids to look up to someone like that and think that's the way you should act or that it's cool.
we feed our cats and dogs pieces of other animals and we eat chocolate from slaves so they're prolly just loyal to him and fuck everyone they don't know. everyone's got friends who are out of line a bunch but they're your friends and you're stuck w/ em.
remember steve rocco's racist crackhead fisherman brother?
or maybe he's worth a lot of money and if he gets free they can sell enough of his board to put brayden and lenoce back on?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2014, 05:09:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
we feed our cats and dogs pieces of other animals and we eat chocolate from slaves so they're prolly just loyal to him and fuck everyone they don't know. everyone's got friends who are out of line a bunch but they're your friends and you're stuck w/ em.
or maybe he's worth a lot of money and if he gets free they can sell enough of his board to put brayden and lenoce back on?

I don't know what you're feeding your animals or what type of chocolate you eat man. I don't have any shitty out of line friends. I like to surround myself with respectable quality human beings.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2014, 06:26:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't know what you're feeding your animals or what type of chocolate you eat man. I don't have any shitty out of line friends. I like to surround myself with respectable quality human beings.

So what the fuck are you doing here, replying to a person who sniffs their own butthole?

I am wondering about your definition of 'respectable' and 'quality'?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2014, 07:01:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

So what the fuck are you doing here, replying to a person who sniffs their own butthole?

Because no matter what you're going to talk to and deal with shitty people in your life, doesn't mean you like or respect them but we still converse with them. It's not that hard to be a decent person so I don't get why people always choose to be shit heads. I don't expect someone to be a saint but all you really have to do is 1. Not be a dick to people who don't deserve it and 2. Show respect to people until they you give a reason not to. That's really all I ask out of people.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Because no matter what you're going to talk to and deal with shitty people in your life, doesn't mean you like or respect them but we still converse with them. It's not that hard to be a decent person so I don't get why people always choose to be shit heads. I don't expect someone to be a saint but all you really have to do is 1. Not be a dick to people who don't deserve it and 2. Show respect to people until they you give a reason not to. That's really all I ask out of people.

Are Baker/Deathwish sales really hurting that bad that they need Antwuan boards to bring them money? I feel bringing Antwuan back into their scene will probably ruin the new scene they got going. I personally like the new sobriety after tragedy thing the older pros got going on now, i feel it appeals to me more than say a 12 year old kid and it keep me interested to skate their product.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/04/20/antwuan-dixon-skate-talk-at-the-berrics/
full version. obviously faded but also think that he was kinda put on the spot, i feel i would do no better talking to that dude or to kids saying dumbass shit.
the editing in the short version is definitely edited to make him look bad (not saying this interview was great) but it makes it seem much worse

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

1) Animal food is made from other animals--chicken, beef, etc. Maybe, you don't consider chickens or cows to be animals...
2) Unless it's fair-trade, the cacao beans used, were probably collected using slave labor. If you eat any major brand like Hershey's, you're supporting shitty practices. The same thing applies to most shit on the market.
3) That's just your perception. Other people might consider them to be "shitty out of line" people.

Are Baker/Deathwish sales really hurting that bad that they need Antwuan boards to bring them money? I feel bringing Antwuan back into their scene will probably ruin the new scene they got going. I personally like the new sobriety after tragedy thing the older pros got going on now, i feel it appeals to me more than say a 12 year old kid and it keep me interested to skate their product.
With the cuts for the past year, they don't seem to be doing that great. Most people always want more money, regardless of how well they are doing. Although you like this new image better, that's not what sells to the little kids, who are responsible for the majority of Baker/Deathwish sales.

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
it was kinda crazy to read a couple blurbs about Twuan saying he has reflected on his mistakes made, then going seamlessly into saying he'd beat the shit out of someone who stepped to him. Reminded me of the Chappelle/Rick James, "I didn't put my feet up on his couch..."

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
ALL the big board companies are hurting right now.  ALL OF THEM.  There's been a large movement towards smaller board brands.  Shops are picking up a dozen Welcomes, a dozen boards from TOA (if not more), local brands, shop boards, etc.  Shops that used to take roughly 30 boards from Deluxe, or Girl/Choc or Baker Boys are just NOT getting those numbers anymore.  But those companies still need to keep up the appearance of being the "elite" or they'll lose credibility, etc.  DNA is gone, I SUCK has said come here and said things are NOT GOOD at Black Box.  If people weren't buying Zero boards before, they CERTAINLY aren't now, knowing the company may be gone or sold to Dwindle or who knows what....
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2014, 12:11:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

i was under the impression that the antwuan boards were more of a fund raiser for him when he gets out. dudes not going to have any money, so why not put out a board and give him a cut of the sales? these guys are his friends, so if they can raise a little money for him and not really have to take money from their own pockets to support twuan when he gets out, i think its a decent idea. i didnt get the impression that once he gets out hes back on the pro team and will have boards in all the series deathwish puts out. hes still got to earn that back. i dont think bakerboys is trying to cash in on twuan this time.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »
ALL the big board companies are hurting right now.  ALL OF THEM.  There's been a large movement towards smaller board brands.  Shops are picking up a dozen Welcomes, a dozen boards from TOA (if not more), local brands, shop boards, etc.  Shops that used to take roughly 30 boards from Deluxe, or Girl/Choc or Baker Boys are just NOT getting those numbers anymore.  But those companies still need to keep up the appearance of being the "elite" or they'll lose credibility, etc.  DNA is gone, I SUCK has said come here and said things are NOT GOOD at Black Box.  If people weren't buying Zero boards before, they CERTAINLY aren't now, knowing the company may be gone or sold to Dwindle or who knows what....

All true, so the smart thing to do if you're Baker is go back to promoting someone who had a large following, for reasons unknown, still seems to have one, and promote the shit out of his re-entrance to skateboarding. It will put some cashflow on the table, and in another 6 months, he'll be gone, and everyone will move on to the next up and comer.

southsecond

« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2014, 01:36:54 PM »
I don't get why people want antwaun to come back. He's had his chances and it just seems like he is a shitty human being down to the core and dumb kids can't buy his boards fast enough. He has no remorse or regrets for the things he's done. The fact that Reynolds and Ellington are backing him is pretty shameful. Especially when baker and Deathwishs general consumer is the youth of skateboarding. You would think since that they are family men themselves the wouldn't want kids to look up to someone like that and think that's the way you should act or that it's cool.

Fixed.

Fish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
http://theberrics.com/yoonivision/beagles-skate-tank.html/view:538e5bd1-8e24-43d5-b2db-47b2ac1f1e4f this and two next photos.

All you did with that link was once again remind me how Lenoce got dropped.  Lame.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2014, 12:01:01 PM »
Read the interview. Dude is incredibly lucky to have a support system like he does.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »

... now can I have a scan from someone please ?

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
mail him a drawing of a penis.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
mail him a drawing of a penis.
How about a picture of a doo doo. Maybe he'll get what it means?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
BAKER is so odd. They gave a proboard to Heyl, but didn't put SINNER fully on. Whats happining with Lenoce, Braydon and Spanky?

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
BAKER is so odd. They gave a proboard to Heyl, but didn't put SINNER fully on. Whats happining with Lenoce, Braydon and Spanky?

southsecond

« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well played, sir.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well played, sir.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:17 PM »
I just want to know how in the world Antwuan needs money to "get back on his feet".  He had a board, shoes, and other endorsements before he got locked up.  Surely he's got to have a little cash stored away.  Shit, he was given a Mercedes to ride for Supra.

But then again, this is Antwuan we're talking about here.  Nevermind.  Doo doo doo doo

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2014, 02:43:06 AM »

the big companies are expensive as shit, in europe the cost prize for a girl/choc deck is like 45 - 50 ? so the shops need a retail price like 65 - 70 to make a buck

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »
I just want to know how in the world Antwuan needs money to "get back on his feet".  He had a board, shoes, and other endorsements before he got locked up.  Surely he's got to have a little cash stored away.  Shit, he was given a Mercedes to ride for Supra.

But then again, this is Antwuan we're talking about here.  Nevermind.  Doo doo doo doo

I can't even picture a bizarro Antwuan having the foresight to plan for his future financially. Besides, I'm sure Lawyer fees and court costs have wrecked whatever $ he had left.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook