Author Topic: #TRENDWATCH2014  (Read 87740 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: #TRENDWATCH2014
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 07:32:41 AM »
bucket hats are the new fedora

does anyone over the age of 15 wear bucket hats? i just couldnt do it unless it was halloween and i was dressing up as gilligan.

dirtyweemidden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
football casual is the new beardy mink

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 07:59:12 AM »
Syringe socks are the new weed socks. You heard it here first!

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »

Dummbert

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »
also:

yacht club owner style, see lucas.
towels. polos. lacoste. trainer pants. maybe swishy pants.

and regarding bucket hats/grandpa sweaters:

ernie and bert gear will become really hot

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2014, 08:36:25 AM »
also:

http://instagram.com/p/n6iTnoHs7Q/

Dummbert

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »
Expand Quote
also:

towels. polos. lacoste. trainer pants. swishy pants, totally.

[close]

damn, forgot that clip, although i've already seen it. fixed.
lucas, lucien and chewy coming in strong

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »
everyone will be doing hardflip back salads

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2014, 11:34:19 AM »
Expand Quote
overalls
bleached hair
slappy nose slides
painted griptape
plastic rails on decks
sambas
[close]
I'm ahead of the curve on this one.
That's what I was thinking.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
I saw some smug cunt in an Audi this morning and it got me thinking...has it been long enough that people are now wearing white frame sunglasses ironically?

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
overalls
bleached hair
slappy nose slides
painted griptape
plastic rails on decks
sambas
[close]
I'm ahead of the curve on this one.
[close]
That's what I was thinking.
fuck...ive been wearing that trick out lately.(slappy crook too)

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2014, 02:20:17 PM »
Footwork/juke. Roshe SBs.

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2014, 02:23:40 PM »
Expand Quote
The return of shoegoo.
[close]

I found a bottle of shoe goo the other day in my skate related drawer, and decided to go for it since all I can skate in anymore is Vans slip ons. Holy shit! Why did I ever stop using this stuff? My shoes are lasting like three times longer than they should.

Totally backing the shoe goo revival.

fuck i didnt know it went out of style. use that shit on each pair of shoes i got. guess im blowing it on trend watch

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2014, 05:26:56 PM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you saying Burberry is launching a skate line?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2014, 05:38:06 PM »
Expand Quote
The return of shoegoo.
[close]

I found a bottle of shoe goo the other day in my skate related drawer, and decided to go for it since all I can skate in anymore is Vans slip ons. Holy shit! Why did I ever stop using this stuff? My shoes are lasting like three times longer than they should.

Never knew people stopped using shoe goo. Most people I know use it and I put it on all my shoes before any wear even starts. Put a nice layer of shoe goo on some canvas Janoski's and I ended up skating them for 3 months and the upper never wore down to my sock the whole time.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2014, 05:54:47 PM »
palace X vuarnet

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are you saying Burberry is launching a skate line?
insyder  8) ;)

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The return of shoegoo.
[close]

[close]
Never knew people stopped using shoe goo. Most people I know use it and I put it on all my shoes before any wear even starts. Put a nice layer of shoe goo on some canvas Janoski's and I ended up skating them for 3 months and the upper never wore down to my sock the whole time.

I never stopped using it but it seems like lots of people ditched shoe goo and just started buying new shoes all the time. That gets expensive. I also only skate slip ons so shoe goo is a must otherwise they get destroyed in no time.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The return of shoegoo.
[close]

[close]
[close]

I never stopped using it but it seems like lots of people ditched shoe goo and just started buying new shoes all the time. That gets expensive. I also only skate slip ons so shoe goo is a must otherwise they get destroyed in no time.

I mean you can look at it that way from both sides. It's like buying a car, you can just buy a cheap rig & fix it up yourself and make it easier on your wallet in the short-term, but sometimes in the long haul its actually more cost effective to just pay more up front & get a more reliable car that'll hold up on its own without constant care & caution. i honestly dont think ive ever used shoe goo & if i have it was so long ago I dont remember, but all the shoes i buy hold up as good or better than what i would want/expect for what im paying for. if you really put your shoes to work & use them regularly, i feel its worth the investment
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:10:47 PM by W.easley »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Regardless of the shoe it seems ridiculous not to shoe goo it at some point or another. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

@thewilleasley

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
Regardless of the shoe it seems ridiculous not to shoe goo it at some point or another. 

by the time i rip through the toe/ollie area my sole has lost most its grip & is mushy as hell so im probably not gonna feel like skating it past that point anyway. I just go for models with the longest natural lifespan & skate them until they've ran their course. I'll skate em til they rip through all the way to the sock (usually at about 1.5-2 months of near-everyday skating) but im not a fan of the whole "ride em til the wheels fall off" philosophy with shoes just because im often skating gaps or sketchy spots so the last thing i wanna look down at before im about to try something gnarly is some super haggard shoes on life support. Dont get me wrong, It has it's use and im not against it by any means i just dont get the point of regularly buying skate shoes that require coating them with rubber cement just so they can last more than a week.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

by the time i rip through the toe/ollie area my sole has lost most its grip & is mushy as hell so im probably not gonna feel like skating it past that point anyway. I just go for models with the longest natural lifespan & skate them until they've ran their course. I'll skate em til they rip through all the way to the sock (usually at about 1.5-2 months of near-everyday skating) but im not a fan of the whole "ride em til the wheels fall off" philosophy with shoes just because im often skating gaps or sketchy spots so the last thing i wanna look down at before im about to try something gnarly is some super haggard shoes on life support. Dont get me wrong, It has it's use and im not against it by any means i just dont get the point of regularly buying skate shoes that require coating them with rubber cement just so they can last more than a week.

That's the most disheartening feeling while pushing.  I totally agree with you about staying away from shoes of lesser quality, but I have a skate schedule pretty similar to yours and even the Janoskis, Trapasso's or Gilbert's I've skated have been dead in 1-2 weeks depending on the shoe. What kind of shoes are you skating?

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2014, 10:32:11 PM »
bum bags for sure. lad lucas looks.

skating in airmaxs.

actually clearing the hydrant your trying your trick over. 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2014, 10:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's the most disheartening feeling while pushing.  I totally agree with you about staying away from shoes of lesser quality, but I have a skate schedule pretty similar to yours and even the Janoskis, Trapasso's or Gilbert's I've skated have been dead in 1-2 weeks depending on the shoe. What kind of shoes are you skating?

Been skating the Prod 7's since they came out. I did quickshoe reviews for both the NB Stratford & Project BA's but other than that, ive just been skating those. I did a full-length shoe review with pictures on here somewhere, ill try to find it. But Ive skated through about 5-6 pairs since they came out and since i grew to like them so much i just stocked up thru cheap sales online & currently have a rotation of 4 pairs (2 hi's, 2 low's) that should last til fall at least. I honestly dont have any complaints they pretty much perform as much as id want them to so i figure why switch it up if im already comfortable ya know? ima ride the wave until something new really catches my eye.

Before 7's came out tho I skated 3 straight pairs of the reynolds which last about the same although that seam on the edge of the toecap is kinda in the ollie area so it blows out just a little earlier, but thats a super durable shoe too, if a bit bulkier. Those NB's & BA's have about average durability at best in case you were wondering, with the BA's having a thinner upper

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »
skatepark kids faking style on their landings even more than in 2013

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2014, 01:24:51 AM »
Expand Quote
also:

[close]

The funnest part about this post is the long live southbank clip that instagram footage is from has blondey mccoy doing a wall ride back three line at 6:32 wearing short shorts and a pink sweater tied around his shoulders like a guy named chet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OapHFU1OJVo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:02:40 PM by vancanman »

Bobbydoof

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2014, 07:30:39 AM »
hoodies wrapped around the waist
white socks
pretty much looking like what TLC would describe as a "scrub"

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2014, 10:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
also:

[close]

[close]
The funnest part about this post is the long live southbank clip that instagram footage is from has blondey mccoy doing a wall ride back three line at 6:32 wearing short shorts and a pink sweater tied around his shoulders like a guy named chet.

guys named chet rool

hardly art, hardly starving