Author Topic: Interaction  (Read 3211 times)

ThrillOfItAll

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
Interaction
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:37:47 AM »
Does Personal Interaction between you and a brand/sk8errr effect your product purchases?

I was cursing the web for my next deck, not that i could find anything i was into hardly, but i rolled past a Romar Blind deck.
Yeah Blind, what ever etc, but Romar Thanked me for following him on Instagram a while back, and i stuck with me, i started thinking, this guy showed appreciation to his fans/follwers etc, Id rather give this dude some money than some kook who's too cool to say cheers.

As a pro, you have the coolest job in the world, i think you should be great full that people are paying you to skate.

People like Getz, Beebs and JT have always stoked me out on interacting on social media.

Im not into the, check me out, Nordburger liked my pic on instagram or what ever, but i think it goes along way.

The moral of the story, i wouldn't of picked a blind board in the past, but that little "thanks" made me remember him and buy his board on the basis he was rad to people who showed interest in him and his skating. I think too many pros think they are above this and need to get off their Ego's and stop expecting people to buy pro models just because they are 'IN'.

Time To Play The Game

Butterz

• Rep: -6
    • http://instagram.com/swanfuck_inc avatar image
Re: Interaction
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:41:49 AM »
Daewon Song is really good and appreciates his fans, he always comments on photos thanking people for whatever reason

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:59:11 AM »
For me if i put it at a shop perspective, I have two main skate shops in my city.
One is the classic try to get a sale at all cost (giving shitty advice that you should buy stuff you don't need or isn't good), verses the one that has all the older local dudes on the team, will ask you how you have been, and will let you browse and choose without haggling you.
I think the best way to sell product is to let the consumer choose instead of trying to choose for them.
In terms of big brand stuff, I usually choose based on what i see on the shelf the day I buy it.

Daewon Song is really good and appreciates his fans, he always comments on photos thanking people for whatever reason
Mikey Taylor is also really good at that stuff too. I met him at a DC demo and he was actually taking the time to sit and talk to fans unlike some other big name pros like Koston (met at a fourstar demo) who just seemed to skim between photos and autographs without communicating with his fans.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:40 AM »
Absolutely. If you're a dick I'm not going to willingly put money in your pocket.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
I have supported Expedition since it started and really have bought nothing but kayo wood  in the past four years. Great product and people that work at their online store. Also met a couple of Expedition riders that stopped by Maryland from Woodward East about 2 years ago, and everyone was friendly and easy going

ericw

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »
What you're talking about has been proven. Being 'social' on 'social media' is a good business move. http://www.convertwithcontent.com/100-facts-twitter-small-business/?utm_content=buffer4af66&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 02:43:19 PM »
I don't care how much you suck dick on instagram, if the product looks like shit I ain't buying it.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 04:20:27 PM »
When I had a shop, this was a big factor.  If you were cool to me or the kids at a demo, and really working hard to put on a good show, there would always be one of your boards for sale.  Even if I didn't care for you or your style, in my opinion you deserved a spot on the wall.

So why were there three BA's on the wall and no Koston's, personal interactions.  Who's Ben Gilley and Omar Salazar?  They are guys that deserves your two dollars, look'em up.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

@thewilleasley

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
Im sure any positive experience with a pro whether it be in person or even just on somewhere on the web is gonna make you want to support them at least on some level. Even Reynolds pointed out the fact that Theotis Beasley selling the most boards on Baker made him take all the social media stuff more seriously for his own career.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
I spoke to Heath Kirchart one time at Stoner, he did not however return my conversational volley.  Ignoring me just makes me want you more Heath.  :-*
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 08:59:38 PM »
I met Muska during his comeback stage at boarderline in west chester. He not only skated the demo, but asked kids to skate it with him, then proceeded to come outside and talk to me and my friend for 10 mins during the demo. I went out and bought skytops just because of how rad he was. needless to say i regretted the shoes but MUSKA IS THE FUCKIN MAN

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
I spoke to Heath Kirchart one time at Stoner, he did not however return my conversational volley.  Ignoring me just makes me want you more Heath.  :-*
Heath knows game. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »
If there's a question between buying name pro gear or pro gear, I'll take the pro every time. It feels like I'm supporting the cause more, athough its 1 board

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 11:27:19 PM »
If there's a question between buying name pro gear or pro gear, I'll take the pro every time. It feels like I'm supporting the cause more, athough its 1 board
That made no sense at all. Please stay in school Tracer.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 12:58:16 AM »
I make all my decisions on products based on the amount of blood that rushes to my penis.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
More like take your meds.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 10:27:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
More like take all of your meds at once.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
Nope, I buy my boards by shape and width.

An insight to the psyche of SHARPSHOOTER

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 02:29:10 PM »
I met brian anderson.  he's was mad cool, but i haven't gotten around to buying 3D yet.  I will eventually, but I had to buy a Hopps instead. 

Sorry Brian, I'll get you next time!!!

Also met Rick Howard.  Fuck that guy. 

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote

I was cursing the web

[close]
That's the only fuck up you noticed in his post? Are you even paying attention? If ThrillOfItAll is a native English speaker, then he is regular. If he's not, then he's actually doing pretty well.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 05:49:13 AM »
I blame Apple's amazing predictive text, typing at mach 10 in-between work and just not having a care in the world. I guess you are one of the handful of guys still picking up on this shit, hows 2001 treating you? This is a skateboard forum, nobody cares.  ::)
Time To Play The Game

Yu Dum

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 08:06:12 AM »
Honestly, yeah. If you're going to be distant when someone who helps line your pockets with money is trying to just say "hey" then they're probably going to stop buying your shit. That kid is going to remember that shit for the rest of his life.
Why do you think no one buys any Nick Merlino products?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 08:25:18 AM »
I met brian anderson.  he's was mad cool, but i haven't gotten around to buying 3D yet.  I will eventually, but I had to buy a Hopps instead. 

Sorry Brian, I'll get you next time!!!

Also met Rick Howard.  Fuck that guy. 
Why?

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:20 AM »
Honestly, yeah. If you're going to be distant when someone who helps line your pockets with money is trying to just say "hey" then they're probably going to stop buying your shit. That kid is going to remember that shit for the rest of his life.
Because no one buys foundation in general. Merlino is a dick though.

Yu Dum

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Because no one buys foundation in general. Merlino is a dick though.
Yeah. Bad example. My bad.