Author Topic: Sage and Sean Welcome to CONS  (Read 16718 times)

OttoMaddox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sage and Sean Welcome to CONS
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »
straight no-complys lost their novelty appeal a while ago

BraveUlysses

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »
Sean pablo's footy was shit especially the no comply which was extra trash ass.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »
The thing that really blows my mind is how anyone skates in fucking Chuck Taylors.  I get the whole thin shoe/more board control argument but they look like one flip trick will have you looking at your sock through the toe.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

grebneergxam

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 04:32:11 PM »
Sage is cool and the no comply jam was definately sick but I dont really get how sean pablo is sponsored with all the other people out there who deserve it

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I've never dressed dumb in my life ever. Sean Pablo is awful.
[close]

your name makes me think of some emo kid with skinny jeans and a fat pair of DCs and riding a black zero board with pink trucks
Um hmm, that's me.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »
Sage's sick. Good style huge pop. The most impressive thing sean did was support his body weight with his spindly arms while he hopped the subway gate.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
if derek zoolander and hansel skated thats what it would look like. niggas are famous cuz of they fuckboy fashion style

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 05:08:47 PM »
No comply Jam was sick but I still don't understand why these two are fully on when there are well respected pros on their international teams.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
that thing he did at 1:10 was just for slap :)

goosey

• Rep: 4
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 05:35:52 PM »
No comply Jam was sick but I still don't understand why these two are fully on when there are well respected pros on their international teams.

surely you understand

Guwop

• Rep: 76
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »
Sage is sick but Sean hasn't done anything at all.... But I guess it's would be cool to get hooked up for how you dress.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »
Aside from the no comply pole jam all of this was pretty meh. Also them crouching way before popping was really bugging me. It doesn't look good and it doesn't seem beneficial in any way either. But whatever, they're the ones with sponsors and not me.
Other than allowing them to get comfortable before they pop? Not everyone skates the same way. Also, that beanplant bluntslide was meh? How so?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »
The thing that really blows my mind is how anyone skates in fucking Chuck Taylors.  I get the whole thin shoe/more board control argument but they look like one flip trick will have you looking at your sock through the toe.
leather chucks are where its at. been skating a par for a few months now no problems with wear.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 06:51:22 PM »
if derek zoolander and hansel skated thats what it would look like. niggas are famous cuz of they fuckboy fashion style
Nuff' said, I can't wait for NYC skateboarding/supreme/no complies/wallies/bleached haired fuckboy trend to die out

And Cherry sucked...

shit_for_brains

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
I crouch way down way early and always have. Maybe now the local youths will stop giving me shit about it.

I didn't like this video but not because I hate these kids.

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Sage's no comply jammer and the last trick were sick.
[close]

No kidding.  Knock them all you want for clothes etc.  I promise you that you made stupid decisions when you were 16-17 as well.  Inevitable, pointless hate.  I'm not crazy about Sean Pablo's skating but Sage's trick selection, technique and pop are pretty great.  That last one looked like it was just asking for someone to get their arms and legs tangled up.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 06:59:27 PM »
Aside from the no comply pole jam all of this was pretty meh. Also them crouching way before popping was really bugging me. It doesn't look good and it doesn't seem beneficial in any way either. But whatever, they're the ones with sponsors and not me.
I was thinking these exact same thoughts...
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 12
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »
I'd rather see Aidan Mackey get all of the love that Sean Pablo gets - it's a shame he only had a few tricks in Cherry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFgKEMDUaWE#t=3m15s

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
Sean Pablo probably won't be around for long.  Cocaine is a helluva drug..   Sage is one of the more promising young dudes out, but his trick selection reminds me too much of 90's Chris Pastras which isn't really a bad thing...  Why doesn't Aidan Mackey get as much recognition?  That dude shouldn't have to be working at whatever Jamba Juice or some shit. 

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
Converse will finally have an image, which will be raw street skating, probably catering to the NYC skating and whatever Jake Johnson has to offer, which will be incredible without a doubt.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
makes me feel like if i change my clothing and stop flipping my board, i could be on cons
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

soccer mom

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2014, 08:58:29 PM »
I like watching both these guys skate. Does Sean Pablo just get SLAP hate because he use to post in here?
Oh yea, I predict this is no less than a 5 page post, could be 25 with they way people want to talk about these guys.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:00:07 PM by soccer mom »

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 09:22:47 PM »
Sage's no comply jammer and the last trick were sick.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:38 PM »
The thing that really blows my mind is how anyone skates in fucking Chuck Taylors. �I get the whole thin shoe/more board control argument but they look like one flip trick will have you looking at your sock through the toe.
the soles really aren't that thin and you only get a couple spots with holes. just cut up a piece of suede from an old shoe or whatever and patch them up using shoe goo then they're good till the soles wear out

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2014, 09:33:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've never dressed dumb in my life ever. Sean Pablo is awful.
[close]

your name makes me think of some emo kid with skinny jeans and a fat pair of DCs and riding a black zero board with pink trucks
[close]
Um hmm, that's me.

l33t in the cut.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 09:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
The thing that really blows my mind is how anyone skates in fucking Chuck Taylors. ?I get the whole thin shoe/more board control argument but they look like one flip trick will have you looking at your sock through the toe.
[close]
the soles really aren't that thin and you only get a couple spots with holes. just cut up a piece of suede from an old shoe or whatever and patch them up using shoe goo then they're good till the soles wear out

aint nobody got time for that.

anyway... in the grand scheme of things this clip is better than 72.8% of shit that’s out at the moment.
i liked it. ? 

the only thing that is weird is the double pump from sage.

and sean in general.

4wheels

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2014, 09:51:18 PM »
i kinda like the way sean skates. it looks funny but its different.

The thing that really blows my mind is how anyone skates in fucking Chuck Taylors. ?I get the whole thin shoe/more board control argument but they look like one flip trick will have you looking at your sock through the toe.
ive been skating in some leather chucks and they're much more durable. plus if your skating the canvas ones and you know where they will wear down you can just put a dab of superglue over that part and they last much longer

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
You gotta hate street league and you gotta hate NY Supreme kids.

Just make sure you are normal and boring and do plenty of frontside flips over plenty of stairs and you are alllllllllllright.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »
I keep seeing people say "give Sean Pablo a chance." How about we give him a chance, but in the meantime they put dudes we already respect like Aaron Herrington on instead and let that kid grow out of his awkward phase and actually do something that makes him worthy of attention? Because right now, he comes off as a trend hopper who hasn't done shit. Everybody backing him just says "give him a chance" which is telling. They don't have shit to point to when they try to convince people he is worth watching. He may be a nice young boy, but he's not interesting to watch at all.

Sage kills it though, even if the tricks in this were all pretty b-roll. no comply pole jams are beat.

Oh, and converse's whole new thing is "sneakers are cool" with hip people on subway ads. They are moving to try to capture the streetwear douches.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Nosesalad

• Rep: 5
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »
You gotta hate street league and you gotta hate NY Supreme kids.

Just make sure you are normal and boring and do plenty of frontside flips over plenty of stairs and you are alllllllllllright.

False dilemma fallacy right here. You're allowed to dislike both street league and this clip. There's still plenty of skating to enjoy. Most of the comments are saying sage is sick anyway. People just aren't into Sean.

That being said I don't hate him. He can be fun to watch skate.