Author Topic: Sage and Sean Welcome to CONS  (Read 16725 times)

piece of shit, straight up.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -182
Re: Sage and Sean Welcome to CONS
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Sage's no comply jammer and the last trick were sick.
[close]

No kidding.  Knock them all you want for clothes etc.  I promise you that you made stupid decisions when you were 16-17 as well.  Inevitable, pointless hate.  I'm not crazy about Sean Pablo's skating but Sage's trick selection, technique and pop are pretty great.  That last one looked like it was just asking for someone to get their arms and legs tangled up.

Their clothes are sick, you probably still look stupid.

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »
Sage is cool and the no comply jam was definately sick but I dont really get how sean pablo is sponsored with all the other people out there who deserve it

Were u born yesterday?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:03:04 AM by piece of shit, straight up. »

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »
No comply Jam was sick but I still don't understand why these two are fully on when there are well respected pros on their international teams.

No one likes to see international skaters.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:03:44 AM by piece of shit, straight up. »

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey guys, I haven't bothered to read any of the previous pages, but why would they put someone like Sean Pablo officially on the team but not Aaron Herrington or Pontus?
[close]

sean pablo has a tumblr he updates regularly where he can showcase his 'art', espouse his 'opinions' & showcase his 'taste'
he has 'h8rz' & 'l0vrz'
he gets regrams from relevant instagram accounts
he gets blogged about by relevant internet personalities
he has social media that he updates 'on the regs'
he gets photos/coverage from people desperate to be associated with supreme
he hangs out with the right people
he is part of look books for supreme, one of the most popular companies in skateboarding
he has MULTIPLE fuckyeah_______.tumblr.com 's
he was in the most buzzed about video of 2k14 and exclusively wore cons
hes on one of the most buzzed about companies of 2k13-2k14
on slap he has a 9 page thread that has been Read 19441 times
there are slap accounts based on his name

sean pablo is on converse because the internet centric buzz machine has an easy piece of meat to constantly reblog which converse sees as free advertising
sean pablo is on converse because hes a great brand advocate. he doesn't have to evangelize the product by talking, the social media does that for him

if i do a simple hashtag search there are twice as many #seanpablo photos as #aaronherrington photos which are twice as many opportunities for converses to be seen.

aaron herrington is social media challenged. he doesn't 'get' the internet and in todays sk8world this is a huge detriment.

question: if you did a no comply and nobody blogged it, did it rlly happen?
answer: no it didn't

there is no context to your career without tenured skaters/blogs showing how much they back him. you must achieve buzz to be considered good. sage and sean pablo have buzz. aaron herrington doesn't. if you skated and theres no footy, you didn't skate. sean pablo is a master of self promotion and getting his 'art' to as many people as possible. have you ever read his tumblr? there are kids on there who have visceral reactions to things he says and does positive & negative.

put simply, people care about what sean pablo does. hes a fledgling internet personality.

how could you possibly pass up on putting him on your program?

So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 12:12:54 AM »

Hey guys, I haven't bothered to read any of the previous pages, but why would they put someone like Sean Pablo officially on the team but not Aaron Herrington or Pontus?

Because no one cares about eurotrash you fat fuck.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2014, 12:21:17 AM »
they should of just put Bert Wootten fully on when he was flow for them for like 2 years

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:40 AM »
they should of just put Bert Wootten fully on when he was flow for them for like 2 years
If the guy can't get above flow for his board sponsor, no shoe team is gonna put him fully on. Only exception to this that i can think of is that Aidan Campbell kid who is on etnies but flow for girl.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »
I wonder what Dinos dad thinks of the supreme kids?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2014, 12:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If the guy can't get above flow for his board sponsor, no shoe team is gonna put him fully on. Only exception to this that i can think of is that Aidan Campbell kid who is on etnies but flow for girl.
i agree with that, i guess i forgot hes not fully am for any board even though he killed it last year and came out with a sick part this year and i think hes having another part in some local Florida video

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2014, 12:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
loved the edit.

did bill put this together?
[close]

Richard Quintero

what has he done in the past?

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2014, 01:04:40 AM »
It felt like Cons was trying to make a Supreme commercial, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.
The back to back ollie was cool. It's weird people attribute the vibe to the NYC cool guy thing when its really more of a Cali to NYC transplant perception of cool going on, i admit city people buy into as much as anyone else though...
In all honesty i dont know how i feel about anything anymore probably because i know none of this is geared towards me.

Edit* Isnt the premeditated long crouch before a trick a Jason Dill thing? well atleast in recent memory something he's known for doing
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:10:57 AM by Tarela »

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2014, 01:16:50 AM »
What is this thread about? boxing in everything that you feel is skateboarding and at the same time excommunicating everything else?
Y'all some vatican priests in here.

foureyedjim

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2014, 01:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sage's no comply jammer and the last trick were sick.
[close]

No kidding.  Knock them all you want for clothes etc.  I promise you that you made stupid decisions when you were 16-17 as well.  Inevitable, pointless hate.  I'm not crazy about Sean Pablo's skating but Sage's trick selection, technique and pop are pretty great.  That last one looked like it was just asking for someone to get their arms and legs tangled up.
[close]

Their clothes are sick, you probably still look stupid.

At least Tracer is funny

Everett425

• Rep: -148
  • Nice! Dope! Like it! Wow!
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 02:34:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i agree with that, i guess i forgot hes not fully am for any board even though he killed it last year and came out with a sick part this year and i think hes having another part in some local Florida video
Plus he's banging Erica Yary... That's gotta give him some industry points...

rly

• Rep: 0
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2014, 02:54:28 AM »

question: if you did a no comply and nobody blogged it, did it rlly happen?
answer: no it didn't

:D

poptart

• Rep: -3
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
sage had some pretty sick tricks but sean's stuff was average. i think if this footage was of anyone else way more of you would be hyped though. dunno why pablo doesn't film more stuff like this but then again i think the cons clip is just 2 days

Nacnud

• Rep: 9
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 03:25:16 AM »
It felt like Cons was trying to make a Supreme commercial, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.
The back to back ollie was cool. It's weird people attribute the vibe to the NYC cool guy thing when its really more of a Cali to NYC transplant perception of cool going on, i admit city people buy into as much as anyone else though...
In all honesty i dont know how i feel about anything anymore probably because i know none of this is geared towards me.

Edit* Isnt the premeditated long crouch before a trick a Jason Dill thing? well atleast in recent memory something he's known for doing

No it's called 'taking a shite'
" I just shot him, dying was between him and God"  R L Burnside

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 04:54:57 AM »
Style is part of skating so when you have great style you get hooked up.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 05:44:00 AM »
Expand Quote
No comply Jam was sick but I still don't understand why these two are fully on when there are well respected pros on their international teams.
[close]

No one likes to see international skaters.

This is literally the dumbest sentence I have ever read on slap.
where is home?

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 06:04:07 AM »
sage had some pretty sick tricks but sean's stuff was average. i think if this footage was of anyone else way more of you would be hyped though. dunno why pablo doesn't film more stuff like this but then again i think the cons clip is just 2 days

Yeah his stuff in that part was sick!
i don't really have any strong feelings about either kid, hell, they're better than i am.

lyserg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2014, 07:08:08 AM »
Pappalardos probably bummed

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2014, 07:16:45 AM »
I keep seeing people say "give Sean Pablo a chance." How about we give him a chance, but in the meantime they put dudes we already respect like Aaron Herrington on instead and let that kid grow out of his awkward phase and actually do something that makes him worthy of attention? Because right now, he comes off as a trend hopper who hasn't done shit. Everybody backing him just says "give him a chance" which is telling. They don't have shit to point to when they try to convince people he is worth watching. He may be a nice young boy, but he's not interesting to watch at all.

Sage kills it though, even if the tricks in this were all pretty b-roll. no comply pole jams are beat.

+1
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Damn dude, your ignorance is showing.  What about Lucas Puig, or just about any of the Cliche riders?  The Euros have gone under the radar for a while for sure but I have a feeling that will seriously change in the next few years. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
To whoever said Herrington is social media challenged, obviously you don't like pictures of donuts, kook.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 09:14:27 AM »
It's weird people attribute the vibe to the NYC cool guy thing when its really more of a Cali to NYC transplant perception of cool going on, i admit city people buy into as much as anyone else though...
spot on. stu kirst from the lurknyc crew/vids is another example

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »
that Sage guy is ok in my book... Sean Pablo - not so much. And no, I don't care about the way he dresses... his skating just isn't very impressive in this day and age.

Sums it up perfectly.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 10:15:26 AM »
I was hyped on Sean Pablo before Cherry came out. His footage in the video was pretty disappointing to me. Sage killls it though. Just my two cents...

ihateyouto

• Rep: 26
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 10:31:34 AM »
This 30 second clip of Aaron footage only generated a couple replies http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=67316.0

Meanwhile this 30 second clip went up less than 24 hours ago and has 4 pages and will most likely reach 20 by the end of the week.

Aaron just doesnt bring the hype

He's good at skating though, but why would that matter to Converse?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2014, 10:42:21 AM »
Aaron just doesnt bring the hype

He's good at skating though, but why would that matter to Converse?
I think once more people get to see Static IV this will no longer be an issue

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2014, 10:48:11 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn dude, your ignorance is showing.  What about Lucas Puig, or just about any of the Cliche riders?  The Euros have gone under the radar for a while for sure but I have a feeling that will seriously change in the next few years. 

Like they haven't been saying that forever.