Author Topic: Just barely hanging on...  (Read 7523 times)

wildbillhiccup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
Re: Just barely hanging on...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 06:22:06 AM »
thought this would be about favorite landings that are just hanging on........

3:56

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 06:47:32 AM »
Damn Shetler on Vision Street Wear after repping the lame new incarnation of World.

I guess a man has to do what he has to do.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 07:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Who are the dudes that once had legit careers but are now just barely hanging in there, scraping the very bottom of the sponsorship barrel?

Before seeing Anthony Shetler's new VISION STREET WEAR ad, I would have called out Markovich and the entire Elephant team but now there's a new sheriff in town. Sheriff Shetler of Shitty Sponsorships.

Who else?
[close]

Hendrix, Adams, and Berard are killing it still.  Not a huge Mike V fan, but definitely am a fan of the team he's put together, which is pretty much half of the Black Label team 10+ years ago. 

Read my mind with this response. If anyone slept on Berard's lines in Lee Dupont's cinematographer project clip then they need to get a clue. Berard's gnar switch 360 flip on the WSVT big wall is a far cry of 'barely holding on.'

I'm not exactly a Vallely fan either, but the Elephant team is sick. Adding Hendrix was a good move and solidified the team's radness.

Some mentioned Duffy but [in the same Lee Dupont clip] his back lip through the tight corner and front crook over the love seat were both tricks that are impressive by any standards.

Fuck this thread. It's just an excuse to make unfounded judgements about people's lives, when they are out trying to make a living doing what they love while you have nothing better to do than sit around and talk shit about them on the internet. Get a life.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 07:45:07 AM »
Damn Shetler on Vision Street Wear after repping the lame new incarnation of World.

So if this man approached you, asked you to ride for his brand & cut you a check, you would decline?

Note: I don't even know if this guy still owns it or if this is even him, but it illustrates the point at hand.

I bet most of the people talking shit would cream their proverbial jeans to get paid to skate (see the dichotomy here).
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

southsecond

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »
i think it's cool that mike v gives some of the older guys a home, skating needs legends in the game & it's not as if they demand massive salaries, but a chance to still get boards & make a little from royalties is awesome. i'd rather watch markovich over any new jack on darkstar or blind anyday.

shetler on the other hand is still in his prime and officially in the suffering booth reppin' vision street wear.

You know what? You're totally right. Well put.

southsecond

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who are the dudes that once had legit careers but are now just barely hanging in there, scraping the very bottom of the sponsorship barrel?

Before seeing Anthony Shetler's new VISION STREET WEAR ad, I would have called out Markovich and the entire Elephant team but now there's a new sheriff in town. Sheriff Shetler of Shitty Sponsorships.

Who else?
[close]

Hendrix, Adams, and Berard are killing it still.  Not a huge Mike V fan, but definitely am a fan of the team he's put together, which is pretty much half of the Black Label team 10+ years ago. 

[close]

Read my mind with this response. If anyone slept on Berard's lines in Lee Dupont's cinematographer project clip then they need to get a clue. Berard's gnar switch 360 flip on the WSVT big wall is a far cry of 'barely holding on.'

I'm not exactly a Vallely fan either, but the Elephant team is sick. Adding Hendrix was a good move and solidified the team's radness.

Some mentioned Duffy but [in the same Lee Dupont clip] his back lip through the tight corner and front crook over the love seat were both tricks that are impressive by any standards.

Fuck this thread. It's just an excuse to make unfounded judgements about people's lives, when they are out trying to make a living doing what they love while you have nothing better to do than sit around and talk shit about them on the internet. Get a life.

You obviously don't understand what the Slap forum is.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So if this man approached you, asked you to ride for his brand & cut you a check, you would decline?

Note: I don't even know if this guy still owns it or if this is even him, but it illustrates the point at hand.

I bet most of the people talking shit would cream their proverbial jeans to get paid to skate (see the dichotomy here).

Is that Dorfman 2014?
SPB!

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:44 PM »

Not that it matters, but dude has more posts than you. Regardless, that's a stupid response.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »
I was really hoping this was going to be a thread about people landing gnarly tricks and just barely hanging on to them. Or people going for super long grinds and slides and just barely hanging on.

But no, this is Slap, so it has to be about who doesn't deserve to be pro  :(
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

soccer mom

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pat Duffy, Chet Childress, Spanky, Angel Ramirez, Nick Dompierre, Sierra Fellers, Daniel Shimizu, Mike York, Sammy Baptista, The whole airspeed footwear team
[close]

Nike and Heroin is the bottom ?
[close]
[close]

I'd consider Heroin the B squad of Baker and Deathwish. As for Nike, have they ever dropped a rider?
Were you asleep when they cut Peter Hewitt and the internet and industry went nuts talking shit about him getting cut for smoking weed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:28:03 PM by soccer mom »

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pat Duffy, Chet Childress, Spanky, Angel Ramirez, Nick Dompierre, Sierra Fellers, Daniel Shimizu, Mike York, Sammy Baptista, The whole airspeed footwear team
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'd consider Heroin the B squad of Baker and Deathwish. As for Nike, have they ever dropped a rider?
[close]
Were you asleep when they cut Peter Hewitt and the internet and industry went nuts talking shit about him getting cut for smoking weed.
Didn't Nike drop Motta too? or did he leave?
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Man, he got cut for shitting on a dudes face that was covered in saran wrap. If they cut riders for smoking weed they'd lose there latest SOTY, Cory Kennedy and probably other amazing skaters who aren't as obvious with there love for the weed. Not saying they should of kicked Hewitt off, but what they kicked him off for was much more understandable than saying he spent his checks on nug.

southsecond

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2014, 11:43:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not that it matters, but dude has more posts than you. Regardless, that's a stupid response.

You're right, it doesn't matter. Regardless, the guy is complaining about someone "talking shit" on the internet? Has he ever heard of the internet? Nice response from you, though. Well done.

yeahmmm

• Rep: -23
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »
What is the story behind Angel Ramirez? 

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2014, 02:50:43 PM »
What is the story behind Angel Ramirez? 

what I know he didn't had shit for that "WTF" foundation video, he got the boot
and converse... dunno

doublesteveburger

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Didn't Nike drop Motta too? or did he leave?

woah, what? motta's been on nike for ages! proof?

McGooch

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
So whats up with vision footwear? wasn't it a legit company back in the day? and what was so bad about it that the Gonz created Blind because it was the opposite of vision?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
thought this would be about favorite landings that are just hanging on........

3:56

The best barely hangin on landings were always Dollin, particularly the second to last trick here that gnarly crook.