Author Topic: Before skating  (Read 7675 times)

supermoonunit

Re: Before skating
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
i started skateboarding the first day of sixth grade
before that it was mostly BMXing around the neighborhood and playing with action figures....and building dams in ditches around my house

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »
Expand Quote
BMX (dirt jumping and racing)
[close]
forgot about that one. i had some pretty sick bmxers. its a shame i quit when i did because shortly after i moved to a town with a sick track and an even sicker secret track in the woods

we also used to do a lot of pond jumping. I have to say that pond jumping is definitely one of the funnest things I did when I was younger. Beats the shit out of a diving board.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
pitched for rep baseball and played alot of street hockey. keep in mind i started skating when i was nine and havent watched a baseball or hockey game since.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
forgot about that one. i had some pretty sick bmxers. its a shame i quit when i did because shortly after i moved to a town with a sick track and an even sicker secret track in the woods
We had a sick secret track in the woods by me. I never was into bmx seriously, but I did have a bike and it was nearby, so I used to ride off the jumps just for fun.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

fuckingvegan

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
We had a sick secret track in the woods by me. I never was into bmx seriously, but I did have a bike and it was nearby, so I used to ride off the jumps just for fun.

I think ever town back in the day had a good secret track or dirt jumps. We had a sick spot in Ohio when I was younger.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »
we built a few by burying barrels but they always sucked ass. we built some good wood jumps though.

wghpChris

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »
I've always been scared to see what I would've gotten into if it wouldn't have been skating.

I shudder when I think about it. In elementary school I was fucking clueless socially, so had I not been skating I would've been fucked once middle school rolled around....I got so lucky there; skating taught me alot.

mungojerry

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 03:33:45 PM »
Pete and Pete, Videogames, Classic rock like Jimi Hendrix, The Who, I Played drums and guitar. I cant really remember Any without My skateboard.

reaganomics

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 04:48:28 PM »
gi joes and video games

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »
intellivision....

mikefork

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 06:48:53 PM »
we built a few by burying barrels but they always sucked ass. we built some good wood jumps though.
i built a good one up to a fence. my dad told me if i could jump it he would give me $20 so i built a jump and basically cheated to get my $20
the secret jumps near me are pretty intense. theres a fifteen footer over a rock pit that leads into a ten footer and a lot of other gnarly shit. a kid who used to live in my town was a sponsored bmxer and he built the craziest stuff. the town recently tore down his vert wall-the thing was no joke twenty feet high and after a few feet it was straight vert and he built it along with a spine, quarterpipe, some banks, and some kickers. all the regular ramps were skateable and he didn't mind kids skating there. the kid now owns a lumberjacking company

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 06:58:53 PM »
dancing and legos?  i don't know.  skateboarding didn't change my life that much.  now it's probably the one activity i do the least.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »
i rode bikes with the kids, played with cap guns, one time we started digging out my garndmas back yard, got about waist deep. blayed basket ball baseball and tried tae kwon do. made it to blue belt with something stripes.  got picked on a lot. at school all my friends were girls. but when i was at home i was the block king.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 08:45:48 PM »
Video games, baseball, bike riding; just the usual stuff kids did.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 09:17:51 PM »
street hockey....

dude56

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »
Uhh I don't know, I've been into skating since I was 6 and saw some older kids skating around.

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
exlporing around the woods

everyday man!

;D

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »
nothing tbh, stuck with skating and always will. I love skateboarding

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
lucky for me the kid that moved across the street from me in 6th grade skated too. he had some strange world industries camoflage griptape at the time..been best friends ever since.
twisted metal, old powell & thrasher videos, stone protectors, bb guns, rockos modern life,  x-men..

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
Hip hop and basketball in 5th grade. I hung out with the only other minority kids in my elementary school. But I got skateboard from big 5 over the summer for my birthday and in 6th grade met some kids that let me borrow Ramone's Mania and Black Sabbath's We Sould our Soul for Rock n' Roll. got some vans from Mervyn's that were a size too small but on sale for school that year and upgraded to a world industries complete. After learning to cruise I upgraded to a Toy Machine deck and learned how to ollie after downloading good and evil and being super stoked on it. yep. Still suck at skating though.

nothing's been the since same

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 12:46:27 AM »
just playing sports with all the kids in my neighborhood. there were like 8 kids on my street roughly around the same age, so during football season, it would be football, baseball season, it was baseball etc. also, manhunt, bmx, videogames... basic kid shit. so glad i grew up being active... it always blows my mind when you meet someone your age who cant throw a baseball or look like they can barely ride a bike.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
I thought this is going to be about masturbating. to answer my question: used to, but now I got no time for it before skating.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 01:41:06 AM »
I was a very talented soccer player with a bright future. I tried combining both soccer and skateboarding, and it worked out fine when I was a little kid, but as a grew older I had to train more and play more matches, so I didnt get to skate as much as I wanted to. So at one point I just said fuck it, and I quit to skate every fucking day. I've never looked back

Homeless Prostitute

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 01:53:46 AM »
I was a competitive swimmer and a skier, was getting flowed by a ski store.
I'm not half as good at skateboarding as I was at either of those things but I've never looked back.
tiny knob mob

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 04:51:44 AM »
Basketball, video games and school.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 05:03:06 AM »
bmx, played guitar in a suburban punk band, lit small fires, stole cigarettes from my dad

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »
Played baseball, doodled and drew, explored, played with legos, little kid shit

Now:
Watch baseball, doodle and draw, explore on a skateboard, play with legos, act like a little kid

Fuck you legos are awesome

BuddyPal

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2012, 06:53:20 AM »
hide & seek, tag, soccer, ride bikes, starting fires, flying kites, scootering, watching Dragonball Z, playing N64....ah those were the days

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
I was a very talented soccer player with a bright future. I tried combining both soccer and skateboarding, and it worked out fine when I was a little kid, but as a grew older I had to train more and play more matches, so I didnt get to skate as much as I wanted to. So at one point I just said fuck it, and I quit to skate every fucking day. I've never looked back

my story with soccer is basically the same, i stopped playing in a team at 14 because i could'nt get along with the other guys anymore.

one time, we had a team meeting and i told everyone that their personalities suck and there's no motivation to be had when you're teammates are a bunch of assholes. then they told me that later when i'm working i also won't be able to choose who i want to work with. i replied that they should pay me then. i quit soccer that day and after that i got a lot of disrespect from the people in my hometown because i'd rather wanted to skate than play soccer.

now i don't play any soccer at all, but basketball is still fun. i was pretty good at that, too, playing in our school team with mostly cool dudes i got along with pretty well. being pretty short made a career in basketball rather difficult, tho  ;)

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »
oh, i played ice hockey too, for like 8-9 years, season ended in the spring, i started skating in teh summer and sold all of my equipment to a sporting goods store for probably 1/4 the value and bought some etnies