Author Topic: Before skating  (Read 7678 times)

apad88

Re: Before skating
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »
Slang rocks

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
I VE BEEN SURFING & SKATING EVER SINCE I WORE DIAPERS  ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:18:58 AM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

Mark Renton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
I was all about basketball and even kinda good at it, that and PES on playstation 1
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »
Expand Quote
exlporing around the woods

everyday man!
[close]

;D

i used to play with sticks and use my imagination plenty building forts and acting like Link or Ash or Goku. Skating has and will always allow me to explore the world as a whole.

dillanharp

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »
Baseball, Sega Genesis and BB guns.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »
soccer all day every day. I'm from europe. I still love it but skateboarding will probably always be the closest thing to the heart.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »
De_Dust2

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2012, 03:55:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I was a very talented soccer player with a bright future. I tried combining both soccer and skateboarding, and it worked out fine when I was a little kid, but as a grew older I had to train more and play more matches, so I didnt get to skate as much as I wanted to. So at one point I just said fuck it, and I quit to skate every fucking day. I've never looked back
[close]

my story with soccer is basically the same, i stopped playing in a team at 14 because i could'nt get along with the other guys anymore.

one time, we had a team meeting and i told everyone that their personalities suck and there's no motivation to be had when you're teammates are a bunch of assholes. then they told me that later when i'm working i also won't be able to choose who i want to work with. i replied that they should pay me then. i quit soccer that day and after that i got a lot of disrespect from the people in my hometown because i'd rather wanted to skate than play soccer.

now i don't play any soccer at all, but basketball is still fun. i was pretty good at that, too, playing in our school team with mostly cool dudes i got along with pretty well. being pretty short made a career in basketball rather difficult, tho  ;)

I believe there's a lot of skaters here in Europe with the same background.
I used to get shit from guys I played soccer with to. But things have really changed.. Some of those guys have seen some of the footage I've released and they really like it. Some of them said to me that they really understand my choice, and that they respect my decision.
I generally dont give a fuck what people think about my skating, but that was nice to hear.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2012, 04:25:49 AM »
sim city.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2012, 06:06:18 AM »
surfed and played video games. now i just have to move somewhere near the coast so i can start surfing again.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2012, 06:08:59 AM »
I really just hung around. Ride bikes, do whatever kids without gameboys did.
fuck

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2012, 06:43:49 AM »

Expand Quote
I was a very talented soccer player with a bright future. I tried combining both soccer and skateboarding, and it worked out fine when I was a little kid, but as a grew older I had to train more and play more matches, so I didnt get to skate as much as I wanted to. So at one point I just said fuck it, and I quit to skate every fucking day. I've never looked back
[close]

my story with soccer is basically the same, i stopped playing in a team at 14 because i could'nt get along with the other guys anymore.

one time, we had a team meeting and i told everyone that their personalities suck and there's no motivation to be had when you're teammates are a bunch of assholes. then they told me that later when i'm working i also won't be able to choose who i want to work with. i replied that they should pay me then. i quit soccer that day and after that i got a lot of disrespect from the people in my hometown because i'd rather wanted to skate than play soccer.

now i don't play any soccer at all, but basketball is still fun. i was pretty good at that, too, playing in our school team with mostly cool dudes i got along with pretty well. being pretty short made a career in basketball rather difficult, tho  ;)

I can relate, I just could never get on with the dudes I had to play soccer with. I played in school, club, and county teams but it was always the same shit. Some buddies and I got a six-a-side team going last year though and that was awesome, although I'd largely put that down to the fact that we were all friends anyway and didn't particularly care how well we did.

paulhartman4prez

• Rep: 22
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2012, 07:16:55 AM »
I got into skating and surfing at a pretty young age, but I also go into soccer, karate, golf, playing music and painting, all the stuff kids do when they're younger. As I got older I just drifted into weirder stuff, weirder music, and skating was all I gave a shit about for a while. I still enjoy the other stuff I did though, and I recently moved back to the beach, so I can surf a lot more. I just enjoy doing as much stuff as I can, mad activities all the time.

blackmarylin

• Rep: -14
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
was a loser before I started skating ... still a loser but a little bit less so now

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »
played ice hockey and fruitbooted. i still play hockey though

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
Drew cartoons, played baseball. Practice/coaches sucked.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »
I can relate, I just could never get on with the dudes I had to play soccer with. I played in school, club, and county teams but it was always the same shit. Some buddies and I got a six-a-side team going last year though and that was awesome, although I'd largely put that down to the fact that we were all friends anyway and didn't particularly care how well we did.

i think if i had any friends that would be into soccer i'd still play sometimes to this day. back when i quitted, all my friends who were on the team either quitted themselves or went to other teams, so i was left with all the douchebags. it's just not that much fun alone, unless you're that remi guy:

malibu hamish

• Rep: -11
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »
I VE BEEN SURFING & SKATING EVER SINCE I WORE DIAPERS  ;D

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
i played field hockey... we won nations championship in our age group and stuff.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
Super nintendo, touch football with the kids on the block and digging holes for no apparent reason.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »
I pretended to be into football (soccer) because that's what boys were supposed to do, chased girls with mixed success and hung around with other kids with behavioural problems. I started skating properly when i was like 11, it took me away from a lot of my old friends and forced me to be more confident and calm down a bit.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2012, 06:07:55 PM »
I was really into BMX before they shut down the track, also break dancing, early hip hop, graffiti and being a little wanna be hood, got arrested for tagging the local high school and breaking curfew, my mom made me stay in juvenile jail for a week to teach me a lesson after that I got back into riding bikes to stay out of trouble, then saw a friend skating went and got one and never looked back, that was 1985, most of my friends before skating ended up being in trouble with the law, two served time for murder, others for drug dealing and sadly some where murdered. I know it is cliche to say but skating put me on a different path and I feel it saved my life.   

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »
Soccer, Judo, swimming, windsurfing, Tennis, Drums, drawing, Gameboy/ Playstation... pretty much all the normal stuff
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »
sim city.
i had that for PS one it was rad.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
played yugioh , caught frogs, rode my bike around being a dweeb

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2548
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »
i played field hockey... we won nations championship in our age group and stuff.

Ha, me too, but only for a year and a half. Then we moved...

But apart from that, football and video games were the main pastimes.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:49:08 PM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ha, me too, but only for a year and a half. Then we moved...

But apart from that, football and video games were the main pastimes.
yeah but you hrvatis have a kick ass team and whoop our ass on a regluar basis.

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »

hey you used to play a girls game!

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
I can barely remember... I played video games, well i still do.

I rode my bike everywhere. played with whatever toys were the new hot shit at the time. I played soccer and basketball in primary school but was fucking horrible. You know that kid that gets picked last for the team? I was below him. Its probably why I find no enjoyment in watching or playing team sports now. I made slingshots and potato guns, you know kids stuff..

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
7th grade.  Just playing video games mostly. 

I've always been scared to see what I would've gotten into if it wouldn't have been skating.

^this....

i think skateboarding saved me from being one of those "weird black kids" instead i was just that "that black kid skates" which over shadowed all my weirdness in the social hierarchy....