Author Topic: Dylan. HUF  (Read 28828 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Dylan. HUF
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
I wish that had been for his new uni-sex perfume.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whoever made this: bless your heart.

DYLAN | HUF - non embarrassing version
[close]

10/10.  So rad.
[close]

haha what a cliche

if it's mixed in with some over hip hop its digestible to everyone.
skateboarders are such squares.
You really didn't notice that they also omitted all of the non-skateboarding clips and sped the footage back up to normal speed?
I actually like both edits, but seriously he is just as far out, but in the opposite direction as Pudwill with the arm shit.  It's kind of crazy that he is so good at skating that he can allocate that much of his attention to what his arms are doing.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »

Holy shit that was rad! We should hold a Dylan HUF remix contest.
ableSkateMag.com

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 11
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If only there was some sort of nut grab involved!

^ yessss, this guy knows what's up regarding the song used in the Dylan remix.

I remember being ecstatic when I found this on youtube years ago. Always remembered this Stevie Williams chocolate commercial from a mid 30's 411vm:

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »
The Gravis Dylan shoe was too ahead of its time for people to get it. If that shoe came out right now people would go ape shit and buy the hell out of it versus making fun of it like they did back then.

I'm pretty sure people did buy the hell out of dylan.'s shoe.  Even if they made fun of ot at first.  That's why it was around for so many seasons and they have him his own line (the house slipper and loafer, the boot, the vulc version, the lace-up version, etc).

McGooch

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »
Judging by slap, dylan. is the most popular, talked about, raved about, and hated on person in skateboarding. 8 pages for his firing line, 5 pages for his shoe commercial. Dude's about the aesthetic of skating more than anything else and it worked. I think he deserves SOTY based on his impact in skateboarding, and he rips. But if i had to pick a soty for gnarliest footage, probably gonna be CK1, Jaws, or Luan if he drops a part. Way to hard to predict guys from the Vans and Plan B videos.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2014, 10:09:03 PM »
Expand Quote
HUF just gave a drunk 12yo the keys to a 1000hp GT3 RS

That's balls.
[close]

How would you crank 1000hp out of a GT3RS? You might as well get a GT2RS and use the turbos. Fucking idiot.

GT3 GT2 R8 911 R35... Add a kit and get 1000hp to any car you like and then drive it into a wall you fucking jack off.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2014, 10:13:11 PM »
Really missed a sick and obvious parallel by not putting the "dylan" getting scripted in the beginning, ala Stevie, and not at the end. But I like the appropriation though, an overdue nod to how, everything else aside, '14 Dylan's trick and spot selection has gotten so bizarrely and awesomely close to late '90s Stevie.
You sound stoned in this post. I can tell cause I am stoned too
ableSkateMag.com

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »
Judging by slap, dylan. is the most popular, talked about, raved about, and hated on person in skateboarding. 8 pages for his firing line, 5 pages for his shoe commercial. Dude's about the aesthetic of skating more than anything else and it worked. I think he deserves SOTY based on his impact in skateboarding, and he rips. But if i had to pick a soty for gnarliest footage, probably gonna be CK1, Jaws, or Luan if he drops a part. Way to hard to predict guys from the Vans and Plan B videos.

You totally missed the point of those Dylan threads,  they were just vehicles for the gipper's ego,  you stupid moron.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

foureyedjim

« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »
Judging by slap, dylan. is the most popular, talked about, raved about, and hated on person in skateboarding.

Give Kim Kardashian an award too

McGooch

« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You totally missed the point of those Dylan threads,  they were just vehicles for the gipper's ego,  you stupid moron.

God damn slap is a cold place. Can't put up an honest opinion without getting bombarded with elementary name calling. Majority of slap posters just hate on everything. Probably a lot of trolling, but probably a lot of guys who just skate and then come on here and unleash every little complaint about every photo, video, skater, everything. Fuck slap.

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2014, 11:29:23 PM »
i loved this. i love dylans whole thing with cigarettes and tits and frontside heel flips up stairs.  i dig it all.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

God damn slap is a cold place. Can't put up an honest opinion without getting bombarded with elementary name calling. Majority of slap posters just hate on everything. Probably a lot of trolling, but probably a lot of guys who just skate and then come on here and unleash every little complaint about every photo, video, skater, everything. Fuck slap.
I agree McGooch, I am just a nobody but i got yo back

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2014, 01:42:13 AM »
dang

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2014, 03:55:10 AM »
oyolar certified dylan dickrider

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2014, 05:41:08 AM »
I laughed pretty hard when i watched this comercial. I have to believe dylan. is self aware enough to not be 100percent serious about the concept and he is playing up to it with enough pretention that it crosses over to the fashion crowd with out them knowing the difference. Knowing my wife thinks dylan. is a looker i showed it to her and she laughed hard too but then kept repeating "He's so hot" and then she suggested (kinda jokingly) that I should dress like him for her. I put on my tightest jeans, rolled them up, put on one of her V neck t shirts, a long chain around my neck, some pointy dress shoes and styled my hair dylanesque and sure enough I got some. Thanks dylan.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
oyolar certified dylan dickrider

Yep. I'm a huge fan.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2014, 06:17:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised you guys are still surprised by this dude. Like, what did you honestly expect?

[close]

99% of the regular posters on SLAP are simple as fuck. They know what to expect yet pretend to hate it for the fact that they're afraid to admit they like it so they reject it because it's actually different than a lot of skate parts. This is dope, it's laughable how try hard dudes are to act like they don't fuck with it.
[close]

BUT then they'll go and buy his shoe when it drops ???

I mean his shoes look good, mainly the filter or whatever were the more traditional looking ones. The zip ups honestly were ahead of their time now that I look back. They could drop tomorrow and they'd be raved over for sure. I think they should do like a re release on them for HUF. It'd be sick. The dude is arguably the most stylish person on a skateboard at this point so I'm sure people are going to cop these joints.

conqueso

« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2014, 06:23:49 AM »
lol how is a skateboard shoe "ahead of it's time"...?
you fashonista skaters are really on some bullshit.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I agree McGooch, I am just a nobody but i got yo back

Do you two not realise the geniuses that you are experiencing? This is pure art.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »
lol how is a skateboard shoe "ahead of it's time"...?
you fashonista skaters are really on some bullshit.

You clearly don't know what Accels are. It's okay. You're new.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2014, 06:51:05 AM »
The guy doesn't seem stupid, though the ad wasn't my thing, I think this ad is almost a jab at his own image, while still embracing it. In a lot of ways we made this ad tbh...

edit: maybe it wasnt even meant to be liked ???
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:05:30 AM by perverted super otaku! »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2014, 07:02:12 AM »
This has to be a parody.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2014, 07:29:44 AM »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »
Manolo, that was fuckin awesome, it would have been rad as fuck if that was the actual ad, great stuff

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -147
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
its still so weird watching it. i like his skating a lot but the stuff around it im a little less enthused. *this* is definitely the most transgressive thing in skating right now. definitely a huge risk because of how far it goes.

the back smith is probably the best tall smith ever because he actually stands on it and he doesn't look like hes about to shit his pants like almost everyone else who skates high stuff.

his tech game is so good he barely looks like he's skating switch sometimes or maybe you can tell because the arm flailing is at an all time low.

54 seconds of actual skating tho. not really enough to call it a part. i suppose i came in with the impression this was going to have more skating in it.

this part is kinda like 2 girls 1 cup, you know its disgusting but for some reason you keep watching.

BuddyPal

« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
yo dylan got it all, the looks, the shoes, the tricks, and he probably packs a monster in the rolled up jeans ya'feel me

Godfrey

• Rep: 0
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »
Also the whole thing with him with his shoes off and the nude chick in the background is just an ode to one of his favorite musicians, Syd Barrett.

Should of skated to this...

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »
I'm quite the dylan fanboy but maaaan that was dumb. He's a good skater though! and I'm sure he's a babe-slayer