Author Topic: AO Stylin On Dill  (Read 18221 times)

No Wave Comply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
Re: AO Stylin On Dill
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2023, 12:37:22 PM »
Regardless of whats going on fatshaming is lame. Especially when Dill isnt obese or anything

Yep. However, you don't have to be fat to look like a thumb. Hehe.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

frontshuv

• Rep: -16
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2023, 04:43:21 PM »
Regardless of whats going on fatshaming is lame. Especially when Dill isnt obese or anything

did you miss this?

https://streamable.com/e/2aqnnl?autoplay=1&nocontrols=1

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2023, 09:14:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

did you miss this?

Lmfao
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Southernmost

• Rep: 117
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2023, 10:12:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

did you miss this?

[close]

Lmfao

I agree fat shaming is lame but I see this more of a roast between frenemies. I’m sure Dill could clap back with some AO banter. And like this video posted above Dill isn’t some innocent saint in all of this. He’s usually one to talk shit first. Dill does look pretty rough in those recent photos and videos though. Hopefully he gets his health together. Would like to see him skate again, feel like it’s been ages since he’s had any clips in videos or IG. AVE on the other hand looks like he’s in great shape and skates pretty often. Hopefully he can get Dill on the program.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2023, 10:26:49 PM »
dude went from being a tweaker for like a decade plus to owning one of the biggest brands out & finally getting sober/eating. let him be fat who cares.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

CDLusher

• Rep: -22
  • decidedly down river
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2023, 03:39:50 PM »
AO just comes off as petty and sour af.  Dill won't respond because he has the upriver not to have to. 

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2023, 04:43:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed.

I disagree, fat shaming is fine. Everyone has the ability to not be fat. Making fun of someone with something they can't change is different.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2023, 08:08:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sodium levels are thru the roof on this one. as much as i love AO, my brother in christ please move on
[close]

Are you kidding?  This is legend shit.  AO’s about to meme his way back into the game.
[close]

Agree. Dill poached his entire team. Glad to see this level of pettiness.

Are you forgetting that AO didn't even bother to show up to the premiere of his own company's full length video, royally pissing off everyone on the team? The riders were hardly poached, AO was pulling a "I'm too scared to break up with you so I'm going to act out in a way that forces you to do that for us" manner...someone was bound to do it.

AO was / is hardly a good designer....the 917 graphics were terrible. Dill is pretty sick on the collage tip, but there's been some lame designs in the FA camp too no doubt.

With that being said, I'd rather watch an AO video part over a Dill part, dude really did have an incredible style when he was taking skating seriously from like 2008-2016 ishhhh.....

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2023, 08:23:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed.
[close]

I disagree, fat shaming is fine. Everyone has the ability to not be fat. Making fun of someone with something they can't change is different.

There’s been arguments floating around for a while that being fat is more of an environmental problem than weak character problem (like how the cartoonishly obese didn’t really exist until the 1950’s, or how it’s a bigger problem in certain countries, or how older adults have to live athlete lifestyles just to maintain a normal weight, blah blah blah).

So fat shaming is kind of on the same level as making fun of the poor. Like yeah you can be wiser with your finances and get a better job, but a lot of people are just screwed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:33:40 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2023, 09:28:09 AM »
dude went from being a tweaker for like a decade plus to owning one of the biggest brands out & finally getting sober/eating. let him be fat who cares.
I don’t think he is sober. Dill talks about drinking again in a SOLO mag interview and in the nine club stop and chat he was drinking wine out of a mug.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2023, 10:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sodium levels are thru the roof on this one. as much as i love AO, my brother in christ please move on
[close]

Are you kidding?  This is legend shit.  AO’s about to meme his way back into the game.
[close]

[close]

Are you forgetting that AO didn't even bother to show up to the premiere of his own company's full length video, royally pissing off everyone on the team?

Dill taking 3 riders from Alex’s team is excessive. I’m sure their decision solely had to do with money. Which is great for the riders, but there was no way Alex could compete with ol’ Supreme backed FA Dillbert. It just seemed lazy and/or targeted on Dill’s part.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2023, 12:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you forgetting that AO didn't even bother to show up to the premiere of his own company's full length video, royally pissing off everyone on the team? The riders were hardly poached, AO was pulling a "I'm too scared to break up with you so I'm going to act out in a way that forces you to do that for us" manner...someone was bound to do it.

AO was / is hardly a good designer....the 917 graphics were terrible. Dill is pretty sick on the collage tip, but there's been some lame designs in the FA camp too no doubt.

With that being said, I'd rather watch an AO video part over a Dill part, dude really did have an incredible style when he was taking skating seriously from like 2008-2016 ishhhh.....

All great points; the second 917 Video premiere no show was egregious. It's not surprising Nik Stain and Vincent Touzery defected soon after that and it sowed the seeds for Cyrus quitting, causing the dominos to quickly fall. Meanwhile, AO himself had gone full-on hippy hermit, holing up in his apartment doing breathing exercises and not wanting anything to do with skateboarding or his insanely talented team.

However, I can't be the only one that really liked most of the 917 graphics and designs, right? I especially liked the Max Palmer NEW YORK RAT FCK and flaming skulls, the New Deal-SMA World Industries Globe-Nice Ad! spoof, and Call Me Number graphics/boards. They were fun, very simple, clean, and kind of the antithesis of "edgy." I miss that.

I also miss when AO was actually skating and wasn't so frustrating. I hope fatherhood inspires him to give it another go eventually (and ditch the awful Dennis Wilson look).

a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”