Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 32623 times)

Baron Samedi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2014, 10:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nobody gives a fuck about rasta for the same reason no one gives a fuck buddhism, they don't impose themselves on anyone.
[close]

[close]
please, as stupid as passing your religion to your kids is, its nowhere near the crime of proselytization. That's almost entirely Christianity and its sects. LIKE JUDIASM

But yeah, the Rasta shit in skate graphics/culture is lame, but I think its lame for a different reason. Those companies aren't actually pushing the religion of Rastafari, they are culturally appropriating its imagery and symbolism for profit, which is probably worse.
[close]

stop talking shit on christianity and then bitch the fuck out when anyone even slightly mentions jews in a negative light. i think everyone should just block the gipper with his over 20k posts of bull shit
Not that I don't find the Gipper annoying as fuck, but I'm curious; have you actually ever had a jew knock on your door trying to get you to convert? I'd put a lot of money on your answer being "no".

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
I think you lose all credibility when you only villainize Christians.� Where do you idiots come up with this shit?� Muslims don't actively try to convert people to Islam?� There are no such things as violent Buddhists?� What the fuck are you guys reading?� You two are such biased, petty people.
It seems that everyone in this thread regardless of thier faith agrees that religious zealotry isn't healthy. I'm making an assumption but I bet that the dominant religion in the countries of most of the posters on this message board is Christianity or some direct relative which worships Christ. It should come as no surprise to you that there is less criticism of Buddhism or Islam only based on the statistical sampling of the posters - pesky math again, I know. Not being an expert in world comparitive religion does not exclude you from forming an opinion on things which directly effect your life and the lives of those around you. You are right though I am biased because I don't think religious influence should play any part in the political structure of the country I live in.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nobody gives a fuck about rasta for the same reason no one gives a fuck buddhism, they don't impose themselves on anyone.
[close]

[close]
please, as stupid as passing your religion to your kids is, its nowhere near the crime of proselytization. That's almost entirely Christianity and its sects. LIKE JUDIASM

But yeah, the Rasta shit in skate graphics/culture is lame, but I think its lame for a different reason. Those companies aren't actually pushing the religion of Rastafari, they are culturally appropriating its imagery and symbolism for profit, which is probably worse.
[close]

stop talking shit on christianity and then bitch the fuck out when anyone even slightly mentions jews in a negative light. i think everyone should just block the gipper with his over 20k posts of bull shit
[close]
Not that I don't find the Gipper annoying as fuck, but I'm curious; have you actually ever had a jew knock on your door trying to get you to convert? I'd put a lot of money on your answer being "no".
Judaism is about the only religion that I can think of that does not actively recruit.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »

Judaism is about the only religion that I can think of that does not actively recruit.

its true that Judaism doesn't actively recruit people outside the religion, there are rules against proselytizing to outsiders.  However, on the inside; all that birthright stuff is really just recruiting moderates and the apathetic to make aliyah and marry inside the faith.  In a lot of conservative sects huge emphasis on detaching from the local "community" for the sake of becoming closer to the Jewish community. even in the more moderate congregations there is an emphasis looking out for your own and networking with other jews.   in my opinion these are just a different species of recruiting. same goals, different means.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

its true that Judaism doesn't actively recruit people outside the religion, there are rules against proselytizing to outsiders.  However, on the inside; all that birthright stuff is really just recruiting moderates and the apathetic to make aliyah and marry inside the faith.  In a lot of conservative sects huge emphasis on detaching from the local "community" for the sake of becoming closer to the Jewish community. even in the more moderate congregations there is an emphasis looking out for your own and networking with other jews.   in my opinion these are just a different species of recruiting. same goals, different means.
Damn straight, I used to live near Caulfield and Bentliegh in Melbourne  

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

actually i did, i still have the pamphlet somewhere around here somewhere. just because most of them dont doesnt mean they all dont. ive never had a catholic or lutheran knock on my door to convert me, just a jahovas witness and some random jewish sect.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2014, 11:39:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

actually i did, i still have the pamphlet somewhere around here somewhere. just because most of them dont doesnt mean they all dont. ive never had a catholic or lutheran knock on my door to convert me, just a jahovas witness and some random jewish sect.
It wasn't Jews for Jesus was it? Because they recruit and are preaching in public.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I think you lose all credibility when you only villainize Christians.� Where do you idiots come up with this shit?� Muslims don't actively try to convert people to Islam?� There are no such things as violent Buddhists?� What the fuck are you guys reading?� You two are such biased, petty people.
[close]
It seems that everyone in this thread regardless of thier faith agrees that religious zealotry isn't healthy. I'm making an assumption but I bet that the dominant religion in the countries of most of the posters on this message board is Christianity or some direct relative which worships Christ. It should come as no surprise to you that there is less criticism of Buddhism or Islam only based on the statistical sampling of the posters - pesky math again, I know. Not being an expert in world comparitive religion does not exclude you from forming an opinion on things which directly effect your life and the lives of those around you. You are right though I am biased because I don't think religious influence should play any part in the political structure of the country I live in.

I'm not talking about a random sampling of posters. I'm talking about two arrogant cunts who should know better.

Buddhism is a comparatively smaller religion whose populations have less guns, but they still have committed awful acts of violence regardless, especially in countries where they are the majority group (very few). Buddhist monks have a long history of enabling violence using scriptures to excuse their actions much like any other religion or secular government.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/01/asian-buddhism-fundamentalism_n_5248880.html

Christianity or religion doesn't make people stupid and violent, human nature does. I'd say if anything Christianity is a net positive.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »
You're out of your fucking mind. And it's not that there aren't fundamentalist Buddhists, it's that there are much less than in Abrahamic religions. The Abrahamic faiths represent half of the entire population of the world at 3.7 billion practitioners. We're talking about the religions that effect us and have a high profile where we are, and those religions effects are many magnitudes greater than that of others. Net positive? In this period of time? Are you fucking insane? Maybe in antiquity when having an unquestioning common belief in something bigger than ourselves was a means of keeping us together and making sense of senseless world. Today religion is little more than a tool of segregation for the powers that be, and a massive weight on our shoulders hindering progress. As a species, it is time for us to move on. Sure, many individuals find strength in their faith, but the world isn't about individuals. What members of this collective we call society believe inarguably effects us all.

No, you should know better.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »
You're out of your fucking mind. And it's not that there aren't fundamentalist Buddhists, it's that there are much less than in Abrahamic religions. The Abrahamic faiths represent half of the entire population of the world at 3.7 billion practitioners. We're talking about the religions that effect us and have a high profile where we are, and those religions effects are many magnitudes greater than that of others. Net positive? In this period of time? Are you fucking insane? Maybe in antiquity when having an unquestioning common belief in something bigger than ourselves was a means of keeping us together and making sense of senseless world. Today religion is little more than a tool of segregation for the powers that be, and a massive weight on our shoulders hindering progress. As a species, it is time for us to move on. Sure, many individuals find strength in their faith, but the world isn't about individuals. What members of this collective we call society believe inarguably effects us all.

actually you should know better, just because its not like that in the united states where you happen to live doesnt mean there arent super fundamentalist eastern religions recruiting and waging wars to influence their religious views on everyone else...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:26:25 PM by J.R. »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:21 PM »
That is just your ridiculous skewed viewpoint on Christianity.  It's like you think 9/10 Christians are young earth creationists who spent a couple years learning how to hate properly at Westboro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country#mediaviewer/File:Christians_distribution.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory#mediaviewer/File:World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »
And for the last fucking time, we're only talking about Christianity because that's what we have to deal with here. I'm not going to talk about Zoroastrianism because I don't know any fucking Zoroastrians, Zoroastrians don't vote and run for office based on their faith, and never have I had a Zoroastrian knock on my door to spread the good word. I haven't talked shit about them because I like them, I haven't talked shit about them because their effect on me is minimal. Their religion is still more than likely a huge steaming pile of bullshit. This thread is about religious pros, not Christian pros. If Hinduism was that dominant religion in the west and bunch of pros were practicing it, I would be talking about how I hate their influence on me and the rest of the world. A propensity for violence and forced conformity being a part of the human condition is irrelevant. What does matter is that religion is a weapon that not only uses those propensities, but actively inspires them. I already made an analogy about that and if you had bothered to read and comprehend anything I've said in this thread you would know that.

And I just fucking said that I'm not negating fundamentalism in other faiths in other regions. That is completely irrelevant to the conversation. Absolutely no one said all Christians are hate mongers. That doesn't make Christianity's influence a good thing just because most people are good. Good people still believe in stupid things that lead to stupid effects that make for a dumber world.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »
Shut the fuck up you ignorant christian chauvinist. Christians are by far the most arrogant and chauvinistic about pushing their religion on others. I've NEVER had a muslim knock on my door to convert me. I've never walked outside and seen that my city has paid tax dollars to put up ramadan decorations, I've NEVER heard any Muslim claim this is a "muslim nation" despite clear and repeated explicit statements making us a pluralist secular nation. I've never heard of a group of concerned muslims forcing schools to change their biology textbook. You know who does do all of that shit?  FUCKING CHRISTIANS. Its not the belief that pisses a lot of people off, its your arrogant assumption that you are superior, deserve to have your religion privileged, and force others with no interest whatsoever in believing in your religion to follow your religious rules.
THAT is why Christianity gets the most shit- its because you guys, in a complete lack of self-awareness, are the most oppressive to others who are not of your religion BY FAR. You guys are so shameless about thinking we should all share "christian values" (you know, like hating gay peopleand believing women who are raped should carry their rapists baby)
but at the same time, every time you are confronted with it, you play this bullshit "oppressed christian" card that really just makes you look even more fucking stupid and more fucking whiny.

Let the muslims practice in peace. Fucking Christians are the problem.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

actually you should know better, just because its not like that in the united states where you happen to live doesnt mean there arent super fundamentalist eastern religions recruiting and waging wars to influence their religious views on everyone else...
True. Religious zealotry is a large if not the entirety of the problem. The 'I'm right, you're wrong' stance with the word of 'god' as your evidence is an incredibly dangerous viewpoint. For clarification, I'm not trying to be 'right', that is of no consequence or value to me. This is a healthy and intersting discourse.

Edit: the origin of the fundimentalism is a moot point.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:03:48 PM by pinche gringo »

esoesloco

• Rep: -5
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Isn't that weird?  It's cool and hip to shit all over "religion" as long as you're referring to "Christians", but if you EVER dare criticize "Jews" you are a hateful nazi scumfuck ignorant lowlife who should be euthanized....strange world we live in.

esoesloco

« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

doesn't actively recruit because outsiders not born into the "race" are considered subhuman...it's actually one of the most racist and violent ideologies in the world...who determines US foreign policy???    Ever read the Talmud?

esoesloco

« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm not talking about a random sampling of posters. I'm talking about two arrogant cunts who should know better.

Buddhism is a comparatively smaller religion whose populations have less guns, but they still have committed awful acts of violence regardless, especially in countries where they are the majority group (very few). Buddhist monks have a long history of enabling violence using scriptures to excuse their actions much like any other religion or secular government.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/01/asian-buddhism-fundamentalism_n_5248880.html

Christianity or religion doesn't make people stupid and violent, human nature does. I'd say if anything Christianity is a net positive.

it's good to see some people with intellectual and historical scope here...one of the greatest genocides of the 20th century happened in the Soviet Union and was perpetuated against political dissidents (mainly christians) and rationalized by an atheist communist ideology...and what about Pol Pot and Mau???   These are the biggest massacres in recent history, all of which were on behalf of atheistic political machines
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:46:28 PM by esoesloco »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2014, 07:50:30 PM »
The Communist dictatorship argument is a pure strawman Pol Pot, Mao, and Stalin may not have been Christian, but they weren't fighting for atheism, they were fighting for a political system.  If we count every time a person of that religion/lack of religion committed an atrocity then most of the U.S. murders in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, Central America, Germany (x2), Japan (including the Nuclear bombs), The Philippines (whom the U.S. massacred EXPLICITLY with the purpose of Christianizing the Catholic nation) were for Christianity. That's probably at least equal, then we have slavery, which was defended using specific passages in the bible which advocated slavery. Now lets look at other countries- The Holocaust? A nation of Christians killing off non-christians with a blessing from the pope (who hope the Nazis would give the Vatican its own state). Should I keep going? Because really its pointless, there has never been an army of atheists marching through a town to kill the Christians, but religious based hate-riots happen all the time- In Israel, in surrounding Arab nations, in India, in the U.S.A. See the difference?

Hey Christians, you have complete control over American society. Your place in American society is PRIVILEGED. Other religions ARE NOT. Jesus son of a lying whore Christ, how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that? People in this thread are arguing that Christianity is written into the Constitution, and that we are a "Christian nation."  Not only is that untrue, but it is some bullshit specifically pulled by Christians, and even though they know its a lie, they push it anyway- mostly because of their social power and privilege within American society. They take that privilege and push it on minority religions.  But hey, keep playing the victim here. Everybody feels SOOOOOOO sorry for you. You spend 99% of your time assuming everybody has the same beliefs as you, and that it is ok for you to push your beliefs on them. TAKE A SECOND TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE INSTEAD OF CRYING ABOUT HOW OTHER RELIGIONS DON'T GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF CRITICISM AS YOU. Instead of jumping into the defensive position, maybe take one fucking second of your selfish and arrogant life to be self-reflective- ask yourself, "why is it my religion is subject to such criticism?" Instead of instantly assuming it has never done anything wrong, and that others must be bad for criticizing it, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN.

Now lets get to the real sin of your arguments. EVERY RELIGION HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN THIS THREAD. The pathetic trash trying to pull out the antisemitism and claiming that Jews somehow don't get any sort of criticism- are you just to fucking stupid to understand what I was referring to when I said religion was a huge cause of pain and misery between Israel and Palestine? Apparently the answer is YES- YOU ARE! The fact that some of you are even claiming you've been proselytized by jews is fucking stupid. I also believe I mentioned India and Pakistan, two nations that also aren't Christian. But geez, why is it a population only making up 2% of the U.S. population doesn't get as much criticism as the group that makes up 85% of the nation? It must be because everybody is unfairly attacking the poor Christians who just want to conquer the world and force everybody to think exactly like them.

Of course, the most privileged group ALWAYS is the one that bitches the loudest when their group is being discussed, so you have a ton of rabid christians crying about how its not fair that people are mad at them for forcing their religion on most of the world.  Cry me a fucking river.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2014, 10:04:15 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Messageboarders like myself ACTUALLY TAKE THAT STUPID SHIT SERIOUSLY. The 666 satan shit is completely sarcastic and mocking of obsessive religious types. They don't take it seriously, and they don't practice religious hegemony by attempting to force actual views upon somebody else. If you find that just as offensive, you are fucking stupid and completely missing the whole issue.<-(sounds like my way or the highway religious talk to me)

Edit:
My stance on SLAP is that if you want to believe in those stupid archaic fairy tales, go ahead, just don't try to push your beliefs on anybody in any way- that means don't try to convert people, and don't try to tell people to act a certain way because FINGER IN THE BUTT RONALD REGAN says so. THE GIPPER tend to be the worst, because he feels most comfortable pushing their beliefs on others (think white guilt/ views on drugs/ any opinion that differs with mine) and often tend to be successful (in his own mind). That, of course, is why THE GIPPER is targeted for criticism- his attempts to push his ways on others are not appreciated by the people who are being told they are inferior for having differing beliefs.

[close]

youre like the religious crucader on slap trying to force people to listen to your bullshit, so i edited your content for relevance to our beloved messageboard. you embody what you hate in others, gip.
[close]
Shut up child, you are too stupid for this conversation. Go back to the thread where you pretend to know about coke, and seriously, man up about me talking shit on Dylan, you fucking pussy.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
.... I find religious pros about as lame as pros who smoke weed, drink beer, and print and wear weed socks in front of the camera. In other words, skaters are notorious for not following a social norm. If a religious pro disrupts or offsets the norm of "core" skate culture (THE BEGINNING OF MY SARCASM), then I would think that this pro is indeed a true skater. The beauty of it all is if you don't want to hear it, then you hop on your board and skate away. If it is in a video, then you press the vert button (MORE SARCASM) and fast forward to whichever part you desire. 
[close]
I've never heard a pro who smokes weed, drinks beer, or wears weed socks put others down for not having the same beliefs as them (GIPPER MISSES THE SARCASM BECAUSE HE FAILS TO PUT IN THE WORD "PRINT" WHICH I DELIBERATELY PUT IN TO SAY THAT SKATE CULTURE IS A COMMODITY CULTURE, WHICH APPROPRIATES A VARIETY OF IDEAS AND IMAGES LIKE SMOKING WEED AND RELIGION. GIPPER ULTIMATELY GOT THIS ONE, BUT IT TOOK HIM SOME TIME) whereas the religious pros proselytize, which is definitively culturally chauvinistic. [size=10pt]My guess is you are christian, live amongst christians, and just assume everybody is christian, making it inoffensive to you. (GIPPER'S 1 ST ASS-UMPTION)[/size][/size][/size]
[close]

Gipper,

Not exactly. I live in a Christian Country (America), however, I don't label myself as such. (MY SARCASM IN RESPONSE TO GIPPER'S ASS-UPTION Just to clarify, when I said that I find religious pros (Prod,Summers,Hosoi,etc...) as lame as pros who smoke weed, drink beer, and "print" and wear weed socks (the baker team and Huf), I meant that there is no difference. All pros directly or indirectly associate with ideas they promote  through their behaviors, style of dress, and the things they say. Therefore, being "lame" for religious reasons does not make sense to me. You don't like something, then skate away or hit the vert button to move on with the "VX" footage you are watching.(MORE SARCASM, BUT IT DID NOT SEEM TO DISTURB ANYONE)
[close]
America is not a Christian country.
[close]
And THAT is the problem with Christian religious zealots in America.
[close]

Last I checked Puritan Ideology (which is Christian beliefs) founded this country and the majority of the language is embedded in The Constitution. Judeo-Christian ideology is still practiced by the majority of the people in power today and throughout the history of this country. Now, does that mean it's right or that things will never change, of course not. What it means for the purpose of this message board, however, is that you will still have Pros who are religious and Pros who are not. To say that religious skaters are lame is to say that skaters are lame.
[close]
CHECK IT AGAIN YOU IGNORANT SHIT. (THIS IS HOW GIPPER WINS "DEBATES," IT SEEMS MORE LIKE A LOW-BUDGET FORM OF 2PAC'S "HIT EM UP," MORE BARKING AND ARGUMENTATIVE THAN A DEBATE) [/size][/size][/size]Here's what the Constitution says about religion (THIS IS WHERE GIPPER PUTS HIS GOOGLE SKILLS TO USE)]:
Article 6 clause 3 : "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."
Amendment 1 (FIRST thing mentioned in the amendment): "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (GIPPER'S TUNNEL VISION AND HIS INABILITY TO SEE HISTORICAL CONTEXT, SUCH AS THE INFLUENCE OF JONATHAN EDWARD'S "SINNERS IN THE HANDS OF AN ANGRY GOD AND THE PURITAN IDEOLOGY AND INFLUENCE THAT WENT IN TO THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE AND CONSTITUTION. HE FAILS TO SEE IT BUT GOES ON TO ARGUE THAT "CHRISTIANITY" IS A "PRIVILEGE" RELIGION THAT FORCES ITS INFLUENCE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

THAT'S ALL IT SAYS. The Constitution had many influences, but those influences don't dictate what kind of country this is. (SOON AFTER THIS, WHEN IT CONVENIENCES HIM, HE GOES ON TO SAY THAT AMERICAN IS CRISTIAN, WHAT A JOKE) Most of the document is actually founded upon late 18th century philosophers and jurists who were mostly deist, not Christian, and I could list paragraphs of quotes of writers of the Constitution talking about how stupid religion is, and about how many problems state entanglement with religion caused in Europe, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that the founding document of this nation EXPLICITLY states that this nation does NOT have any specific religious affiliation, and that it is to allow religious pluralism- an idea that is clearly antithetical to the puritan ideology you claim is apparently the only source of the Constitution.
Religion was discussed and debated, and the final decision was that WE ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION. And its written in the fucking document you claim to cite, (without reading or understanding AT ALL.) (GIPPER DEMONSTRATES HIS LACK OF UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "CITING" AND "REFERENCING," SINCE I NEVER CITED. I'M SURE THAT HE THINKS THAT "PARAPHRASING," "QUOTING," AND "PLAGIARISM" ARE ALL EQUAL WORDS.)
FUCK IGNORANCE LIKE THAT PISSES ME OFF (MORE OF GIPPERS ELEGANT LANGUAGE {LET ME BREAK THE 4TH WALL AND TELL YOU THAT THIS IS "SARCASM"})

ABOVE YOU WILL FIND THE CHRONOLOGY OF MY ARGUMENT WITH GIPPER. IN BOLD YOU WILL SEE GIPPER JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS AND LOOSING SOME CONTROL (really funny to see him in this state).

LET ME REMIND YOU AGAIN, "LIKE THE CRACK-HEAD CHARLIE SHEEN, YOU ARE SO 'WINNING'" THIS ARGUMENT.

CHARLIE SHEEN PLAYED THE PRESIDENT IN A ROBERT RODRIGUEZ FILM. HE WAS MEANT TO LOOK LIKE "RONALD REGAN." I SEE NOW THAT YOU AND CHARLIE ARE TWO SOULS IN ONE BODY (THIS IS SARCASM, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT THE FORMER PRESIDENT, YOU JUST WANT TO PERSONIFY SUCH AN IDEA. LOL)

I went ahead and took the time to give a chronology of your argument. I do this to set the record straight and not for you Gipper. I know you will continue to argue your pseudo rhetoric and in your own twisted mind your ideas are made from something of "value," I don't agree, but like I said before, I'll skate on. Have you ever thought of a career as a "preacher," you seem to argue religiously and passionately (like Christ) {NOTE FOR GIPPER, THIS IS MORE SARCASM, WORD PLAY ON "PASSION OF THE CHRIST" AND SARCASM TO SHOW YOU HOW YOU REALLY RESEMBLE THOSE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE YOU HATE).

All in all, my central point from the beginning is that religious pros are not lame. People are lame. The skater is not lame. I don't think HUF or the Baker squad is lame. Maybe if I knew one of them on a personal level, then I could formulate a better opinion. In my youth I skated often with Weston Correa (Who used to be religious. Haven't seen him in some time so I don't know if he still is) and Richard Mulder (Never once had a conversation about religion with him) and all my experiences dealt with them as people who skated. None of those dudes were lame. I talked more about Christianity with Gonz, than any other pro I know. I don't think Mark is lame (Weird is a different story). Anyhow, Gipper jib jab jipper away (SARCASM)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:07:49 PM by dougDfresh »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
The Communist dictatorship argument is a pure strawman Pol Pot, Mao, and Stalin may not have been Christian, but they weren't fighting for atheism, they were fighting for a political system.  If we count every time a person of that religion/lack of religion committed an atrocity then most of the U.S. murders in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, Central America, Germany (x2), Japan (including the Nuclear bombs), The Philippines (whom the U.S. massacred EXPLICITLY with the purpose of Christianizing the Catholic nation) were for Christianity. That's probably at least equal, then we have slavery, which was defended using specific passages in the bible which advocated slavery. Now lets look at other countries- The Holocaust? A nation of Christians killing off non-christians with a blessing from the pope (who hope the Nazis would give the Vatican its own state). Should I keep going? Because really its pointless, there has never been an army of atheists marching through a town to kill the Christians, but religious based hate-riots happen all the time- In Israel, in surrounding Arab nations, in India, in the U.S.A. See the difference?

Hey Christians, you have complete control over American society. Your place in American society is PRIVILEGED. Other religions ARE NOT. Jesus son of a lying whore Christ, how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that? People in this thread are arguing that Christianity is written into the Constitution, and that we are a "Christian nation."  Not only is that untrue, but it is some bullshit specifically pulled by Christians, and even though they know its a lie, they push it anyway- mostly because of their social power and privilege within American society. They take that privilege and push it on minority religions.  But hey, keep playing the victim here. Everybody feels SOOOOOOO sorry for you. You spend 99% of your time assuming everybody has the same beliefs as you, and that it is ok for you to push your beliefs on them. TAKE A SECOND TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE INSTEAD OF CRYING ABOUT HOW OTHER RELIGIONS DON'T GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF CRITICISM AS YOU. Instead of jumping into the defensive position, maybe take one fucking second of your selfish and arrogant life to be self-reflective- ask yourself, "why is it my religion is subject to such criticism?" Instead of instantly assuming it has never done anything wrong, and that others must be bad for criticizing it, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN.

Now lets get to the real sin of your arguments. EVERY RELIGION HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN THIS THREAD. The pathetic trash trying to pull out the antisemitism and claiming that Jews somehow don't get any sort of criticism- are you just to fucking stupid to understand what I was referring to when I said religion was a huge cause of pain and misery between Israel and Palestine? Apparently the answer is YES- YOU ARE! The fact that some of you are even claiming you've been proselytized by jews is fucking stupid. I also believe I mentioned India and Pakistan, two nations that also aren't Christian. But geez, why is it a population only making up 2% of the U.S. population doesn't get as much criticism as the group that makes up 85% of the nation? It must be because everybody is unfairly attacking the poor Christians who just want to conquer the world and force everybody to think exactly like them.

Of course, the most privileged group ALWAYS is the one that bitches the loudest when their group is being discussed, so you have a ton of rabid christians crying about how its not fair that people are mad at them for forcing their religion on most of the world.  Cry me a fucking river.

esoesloco

« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »

"The Holocaust"???  How about Armenia?   Russia?  China?   Those were much larger holocausts than what you are inaccurately referring to - and no, its not "antisemitic' to criticize Jews (most of whom are not semitic) - it's just funny how you can spout off all this hatred towards "Christians" (whom you loosely define and blame for EVERYTHING), but if someone criticizes Jews in a similar way they are jumped all over and called a nazi bigot.  More people were exterminated in the Soviet Union in the name of eradicating religions to be replaced by worship of the state and its political figureheads - the state worshiping atheistic ideology embodies your definition of religion, yet that's not as deplorable as the "Christians" you perceive as the root of all evil. 

Most of the people pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements and projected loathing of christians are not even christians...I never claimed to be a Christian I just pointed out the hypocrisy and twisted logic you employ to justify your hatred (like any religious zealot).   Funny how personally you seem to take all of this, you are coming off as much more imbalanced and hateful than any Christian Ive ever met.   

Anyways, it must be really awesome having nothing better to do than post 21,083 times on a forum and completely drown every thread with your personal hang-ups and projections...not to mention the smugness one gets to exude when he knows literally everything. 

Anybody know what Ronald Wilson Reagan does for a living?  Any guesses? 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:22:29 AM by esoesloco »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »

"The Holocaust"???  How about Armenia?   Russia?  China?   Those were much larger holocausts than what you are inaccurately referring to - and no, its not "antisemitic' to criticize Jews (most of whom are not semitic).  More people were exterminated in the Soviet Union in the name of eradicating religions to be replaced by worship of the state and its political figureheads - this embodies your definition of religion. 

Most of the people pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements and projected loathing of christians are not even christians...includig myself.   FUnny how personally you seem to take this, you are coming off as much more imbalanced and hateful than any Christian Ive ever met.   Anyways, it must be really awesome having nothing better to do than post 21,083 times on a forum and completely drown every thread with your personal hang-ups and projections...not to mention the smugness one gets to exude when he knows literally everything. 

Anybody know what Ronald Wilson Reagan does for a living?  Any guesses?

i remember when i was 16.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2014, 10:19:01 AM »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:21:51 AM by Mr. Lono »
Charlie don't skate

esoesloco

« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »

hahha ok, religious pros like this guy are fucking lame- but this guy isnt worthy of the spiteful loathing that Gipper is projecting. Guys who kill it and have faith in what they call God like Jamie Thomas, Lance Mountain....I dont see them any differently because they believe in God

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Several religions don't actually. It's because Judaism is an ethnic religion, and ethnic religions don't proselytize because it was created to appeal to a certain group of people. The holidays are based off of season in the middle east, and while they accept people to convert (with a large grain of salt) they just don't feel the need because it is exclusive. /humangeography

As for my personal $.02, I was born and raised christian and I'm still a christian...kind of. I'm not "on fire for Jesus" like I used to be and although I read my bible every day, I don't believe that everything in it is exactly true and 100% happened and is a complete factual account. I usually tend to question my religion and lately I've been balancing between atheism/agnosticism and christianity. I don't really talk about my beliefs though and I honestly don't give a flying fuck what anyone cares about. I hate when people try to shove that shit down my throat, I mean, I guess its cool to talk about as long as you're not treating everyone subpar because they don't think what you think. On a side note, didn't Jordan Richter say he converted to Islam in an interview a few years ago?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

esoesloco

« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Several religions don't actually. It's because Judaism is an ethnic religion, and ethnic religions don't proselytize because it was created to appeal to a certain group of people. The holidays are based off of season in the middle east, and while they accept people to convert (with a large grain of salt) they just don't feel the need because it is exclusive. /humangeography

As for my personal $.02, I was born and raised christian and I'm still a christian...kind of. I'm not "on fire for Jesus" like I used to be and although I read my bible every day, I don't believe that everything in it is exactly true and 100% happened and is a complete factual account. I usually tend to question my religion and lately I've been balancing between atheism/agnosticism and christianity. I don't really talk about my beliefs though and I honestly don't give a flying fuck what anyone cares about. I hate when people try to shove that shit down my throat, I mean, I guess its cool to talk about as long as you're not treating everyone subpar because they don't think what you think. On a side note, didn't Jordan Richter say he converted to Islam in an interview a few years ago?

You fucking bigoted, racist, hateful, piece of scum fucking shit!!!  How DARE you come on here and spout that Christian hate speech!!! This is a secular nation stop forcing your beliefs down our throat!  Science has clearly proven that you and all people who believe in a higher force and call that force "God" are cruel, ignorant, hillbillies who hate faggots and shun all scientific knowledge. You were/still kinda are everything that is wrong with the world.   It's gonna be real hard for you to live with yourself and all the evil you created in the world once you convert to the light side of atheism...may the lifeless void have mercy on your non-existent soul.  Perhaps Gipper can help put things in perspective and get get you to stop hanging out with your infidel Christian family and convert to evangelical atheism.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:06:19 PM by esoesloco »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
^^^In case anyone missed it I believe that was Internet sarcasm.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2014, 08:22:54 AM »
^^^In case anyone missed it I believe that was Internet sarcasm.

this made me burst out laughing in the office, Thanks SodaJerk haha

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2014, 09:14:10 AM »
The thread title is pretty much a yes or no question. How has it  deteriorated into all this ranting I just skimmed through??? And Gip and Leet you 2 guys especially really need to get laid. For the love of.....doh! sorry, for the love of Pete! Church is a great place to pick up pussy I mean seriously Gip, how many times have you been jerking off to porn and fingering your own butt and heard the chick on the screen yelling, "oh Buddah! oh Buddah!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

mr.money man

• Rep: -1
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »
Religion (all faiths) is man kinds first dabbles in brand identity and the appropriating of imagery and symbolism for profit. They're one and the same. Not opposites!  Religion and art are often referred to as the "hallmarks of modern society".  They're also two major things you don't need in life in order to survive and live happily. Its all man made retail nonsense for sale. Don't buy it!