Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 32665 times)

Pennybabie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2021, 03:50:27 PM »

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2021, 03:50:55 PM »
Anytime I hear anyone talking about their religion I am instantly uninterested, if they start preaching I really don't want to hear it. Same goes for pro skaters. I'll happily watch them skate and that should be what they are about in the public eye but if they start going on about their religion, I'm out. I've seen a few videos like that from a few pro skaters and they may be well intentioned but they certainly err on the side of preaching and that's not cool at all. If they start preaching to kids through skateboarding I certainly start to lose some respect for them.

Honestly I had forgotten Jamie Thomas was religious at all because it never comes up, it's a personal thing and he keeps it that way and thats good.
For me I abhor any organized religious sects, if whatever faith brings you solace and peace whatever cool that’s cool and on you.

I believe it was during mid to late 90’s there was a huge influx of Christian themed events and various pro/ams came to Chattanooga and we’d be there to meet them. It was alright just I can’t get behind it personally.

I wonder if the incentive for some of these people who got a park at their hometown was a ruse, believe in the Jesus juice and you promote us via sanctuary skate parks and you’ll have a shitty prefab park?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:03:49 PM by El Fapinator »
Dueces Bitch's

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2021, 05:20:10 PM »
This thread is pure bigotry. Could you imagine a thread criticizing Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or Sikh skateboarders? It’s abhorrent, no different than racist, misogynist, homophobic and transphobic garbage that is rightfully condemned all over this forum. I’m not sure how so few people here can see the blatant contradiction and hypocrisy.

Not surprising though, it’s exactly what I said in the Daan thread.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2021, 05:27:06 PM »
" I did not say this I am not here"

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2021, 05:44:24 PM »
This thread is pure bigotry. Could you imagine a thread criticizing Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or Sikh skateboarders? It’s abhorrent, no different than racist, misogynist, homophobic and transphobic garbage that is rightfully condemned all over this forum. I’m not sure how so few people here can see the blatant contradiction and hypocrisy.

It’s simply not though. Religion is a choice.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2021, 07:21:33 PM »

I don't hate religion contrary to popular opinion, i am just highly critical of evangelical Christianity and i have every right to be because i was raised in it. I spent 70% of my life in a church from birth to about 21 from going to both religious school as well as church at one place. I'm totally happy for people who feel at home and welcome and a sense of community in the church, but i will not sit and let their social and sexual prescriptions dictate the way the rest of us live our lives. The moment people start to use the Bible as a cudgel to beat other people into submission with, then I'll be there fighting and opposing them

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2021, 09:24:03 PM »

Oooh, the poor, persecuted Christians! If only one day, they could rise up from their minority, oppressed status and maybe even, through the grace of god, be able to hold office and political power in this great land.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #277 on: August 11, 2021, 10:16:21 PM »
to answer the op, no, religious pros are not lame, every religious person is lame, hth

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2021, 11:14:34 PM »
to answer the op, no, religious pros are not lame, every religious person is lame, hth

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2021, 01:27:38 AM »
Is "lame" an ableist slur?

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2021, 05:40:04 AM »
Hadn't really thought about it, but yeah.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2021, 05:54:30 AM »
Religion is pretty much what you make of it.  Of course there are the people on the street screaming at you about if you don't believe in their diety you're going straight to hell or the TV shows/movies about murderers who went to jail and found god and are saved.  But there are others.  My wife is mildly religious, grew up Catholic.  We have a really nice Catholoic church walking distance from our house she goes to with our daughter once every two weeks or so.  I go every so often.  They have a playground and a childern's library.

She also has a good friend who is full on Mormon. Went to BYU, did the mission, wears the weird under ware, has like nine brothers and sisters, but is married to a non-Mormon guy and never preaches about it if she knows you're not into it.     

Basically it can help some people manage their life, but just keep it under control.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2021, 07:18:00 AM »

[/quote]

Oooh, the poor, persecuted Christians! If only one day, they could rise up from their minority, oppressed status and maybe even, through the grace of god, be able to hold office and political power in this great land.
[/quote]
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2021, 07:22:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

google number generator 1 100
Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2021, 07:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hadn't really thought about it, but yeah.

Pretty much every classic insult is. Dumb, lame, stupid, etc

Kind of hard to insult someone without it being some throwback to hate

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2021, 07:27:44 AM »
Religion is the bane of the modern world. The sooner it's gone the better off the species and planet will be.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -212
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2021, 08:41:28 AM »
At this point, political and cultural ideologies have become religion for those who don’t believe in deity.

Even atheism is practiced with religious fervor.

I also wouldn’t say that Ray Barbee, Nassim Lachlan, or PJ Ladd are “lame”.

This whole thread is just an amalgamation of individual personal opinions that fall short of creating settled fact.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

VarialDisease

• Rep: 12
« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2021, 09:06:33 AM »
Religion is the bane of the modern world. The sooner it's gone the better off the species and planet will be.

100%

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2021, 11:22:26 AM »
At this point, political and cultural ideologies have become religion for those who don’t believe in deity.

I also wouldn’t say that Ray Barbee, Nassim Lachlan, or PJ Ladd are “lame”.

This whole thread is just an amalgamation of individual personal opinions that fall short of creating settled fact.

XD XD XD

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2021, 11:38:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Leviticus 25:44-46 It’s ok to own slaves
Exodus 21:7-10 How to sell your daughter
Exodus 22:16-17 How to buy a virgin
Exodus 20:17 Women as property
Leviticus 19:20-22 it’s ok to rape a slave

If you actually read the Christian bible and you are like “Yes, I will base my life around these teachings “ you are a fucking sociopath.
All religions are silly superstitions that we as monkeys can’t seem to shake.

BiebelsTeeth

• Rep: -11
« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2021, 12:29:54 PM »
Why would it be lame? It's just their beliefs, as long as they aren't hurting anyone with it why should anyone care?
Are non religious pros lame?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2021, 03:58:04 PM »

Not quite the same. Western religion (and to a large extent new-age spirituality) tends to promote magical, uncritical thinking. This belief in magical things accepted without proof (in fact accepting without proof-faith-is viewed as somehow morally desirable) is to me the same foundation for uncritical other dangerous unfounded beliefs, like flat earth, Qanon, and that Capitalism is a good thing.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2021, 04:04:30 PM »

I thought Bane was the religion of Ra's Al Ghul?

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2021, 04:06:46 PM »
Q: Are religious pros lame?
A: Yes.  100%.  No exceptions. 

Religion is cancer.  Every last one of 'em.  Any good credited to a religion or it's followers was built on the suffering of others.     

Including Boognish?  Jedi / Sith?  Church of Skatan?

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2021, 04:10:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

If you actually read the Christian bible and you are like “Yes, I will base my life around these teachings “ you are a fucking sociopath.

This thread is getting fun for the none! 

I'm no expert, just sincerely curious, aren't those Jewish bible books?  Trying to follow your logistics in that quote.  (not accusing / excusing you of anti-semitism.  One love)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2021, 04:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm no expert, just sincerely curious, aren't those Jewish bible books?  Trying to follow your logistics in that quote.  (not accusing / excusing you of anti-semitism.  One love)

Yes that's all the talmud/old testament. I have to say i do think it's very funny that Christians just took Judaism and said "hey why don't we slap this granny flat called the new testament on to your easement"

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2021, 04:18:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes that's all the talmud/old testament. I have to say i do think it's very funny that Christians just took Judaism and said "hey why don't we slap this granny flat called the new testament on to your easement"

I thought so.

And weren't the first Christians all Jews, even the founder?  So Jews taking Judaism and adding the granny is what you're saying happened?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2021, 04:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought so.

And weren't the first Christians all Jews, even the founder?  So Jews taking Judaism and adding the granny is what you're saying happened?

Yes according to the lore, all the original apostles were Jews, but post resurrection and later Ascension into heaven, the apostles (as well as Paul whose story is covered immediately after the gospels of Matthew, mark, Luke and John) were given the great commission to go out and spread the word to gentiles as well as jews

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2021, 11:10:37 PM »
as long as they are not scientologists or have backwards intolerant views I could care less

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2021, 11:48:13 PM »
I ve never met a religious person that is not lame. The problem is that religion tends to numb your brain because everything is god's will or god has his ways, so you dont have to think. I really hate it when I think that this kind of thinking in a large scale affects me through politics, many politicians get a free pass just because they preach god's will and all these sentimental bullshit and religious people accept it. Most poor conservatives are religious.

Christianism when first appeared wasnt like that, actually it was revolutionary and forward thinking. Actually what we have today is the christianism that was integrated into the system and became part of it centuries ago.

Agreed - Religion was created to cause divide in the human race but thats another topic...